The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to build a brand.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
I had an innovation for Men's shirts, but also couldn't get a tailor to make it for me.... I put it into my dustbin of "future projects"....
I don’t take “No” for an answer :rofl:

I’ve went and shown it to one of the tailors and he still doesn’t understand how I’ve done it WTF!

What is your sewn product?

You’ll see soon. Once it’s ready I’ll share more.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
This is ridiculous!

I’m writing this outside the 4th tailor shop I’ve went to since I had the MVP.

Most say they can’t do it. Other told me to come back when the “boss” is in because they have no idea how to price it; they’re not sure they can do it either.

This is absolutely ridiculous.
I want to add a ZIPPER TO A JACKET for God’s sake.

Anyone knows a trustworthy tailor in London?

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
This is ridiculous!

I’m writing this outside the 4th tailor shop I’ve went to since I had the MVP.

Most say they can’t do it. Other told me to come back when the “boss” is in because they have no idea how to price it; they’re not sure they can do it either.

This is absolutely ridiculous.
I want to add a ZIPPER TO A JACKET for God’s sake.

Anyone knows a trustworthy tailor in London?
Facebook marketplace or a local Facebook group? Maybe someone with a sewing machine at home will do it for $50

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Facebook marketplace or a local Facebook group? Maybe someone with a sewing machine at home will do it for $50

Well the “ fail fiat cheap “ worked out so far but the “ fail ferrari fast” didn’t lol.

Got some meet-ups with some tailors today too. Hopefully I find someone that can get the job done.

A piece of advice for people that read through this thread and other execution threads..

It’s always good practice to keep costs low when building a business / MPV / whatever you’re building but if you can do it quicker for a bit more money, go for it every single time.

Honestly the time I spent so far fantasising about this product kind of scares me out. Even falling asleep thinking about how to get it done. It’s driving me crazy at this point and that’s not healthy at all.

This only happens when you don’t know how you will build it. I noticed I don’t ever think about the copy, website layout, leads etc because I know how to do those things.

Thinking about how to get it done is movement and some might call it progress, but it doesn’t really move things forward.

The overthinking is directly correlated to things being stuck. If you find yourself thinking about the same thing for a long time, it usually means there is no progress made.

I want to get it done as soon as possible. I’m ready to go. I need the product done.

So frustrating.

Edit : Turned down by another 2 tailors. They look at the MVP I done and can’t understand how I’ve done it. FOR F*ckS SAKE

I’ll go to some other tailors and it this doesn’t work out I’m fixing my sewing machine. Absolutely stupid.

Last edited:

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
After 26 calls today only, I got someone to see me.

They done incredible things as they’ve shown me. It’s an established family owned tailor shop. Got there, the guy understood exactly what I wanted.

Product can also be manufactured there so most probably will go with him since the quote was spot on.

It pays to be open minded.

Excited to get to the next phase.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Got a confirmation that my product will be ready for pick up today!

Health update :

As I’ve written above, I was prediabetic and managed to lower my blood sugar levels within the normal range. I still think it was stress related but I cut every bit of sugar there was to the point I was shaking from abstinence. Then I knew I could slowly reintroduce sugar in my diet.
Lost 8 more kg since November so total lost ~24kg.

Need to eat a bit more to maintain the weight now.
Stay healthy

Last edited:

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Haven’t updated in a while.

I see last update was back in March. I picked up the product then slowly lost faith in the project as time passed and things didn’t progressed my way. I started spiralling down with health anxiety, daily panic attacks and only got better towards the beginning of September. I still have my ups and downs, but I’m trying to manage the best I can.

I would like to thank @Black_Dragon43 for the support and tips over PMs. That alone helped massively. Once again it is proved that a lot of value is in the PMs and connections you make on the forum.

I don’t know what I would’ve done without the passive streams of income. They’re not much, but took care of expenses while I could not really think of much.

Looking through my post history and even through this thread it’s like I’m reading about a different person. I lost a lot of my drive. I am very dissatisfied with my business experiences. I’ve suffered mentally so much over health anxiety that I feel my tolerance is way lower now, and by not trying anymore I would somehow keep myself safe.

Lost 32kg in total, down to 72kg( been here for a few months now).

I’m even considering getting back into the rat race, maybe finding a sales position somewhere or doing a law degree. Really confused at the moment. Don’t get me wrong, I would like to make a good product and go through the process like in TGRRE , but I would also like to see some F*cking progress from time to time.

I realised now this thread should be named How Not to Build a Brand :rofl:.

I know I sound like I’m complaining a lot, but I wanted to provide an update to this thread as I felt pressured to do so :)

I’ve always said the Fastlane isn’t for everyone so maybe it’s time I take my own advice.

Last edited:

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Haven’t updated in a while.

I see last update was back in March. I picked up the product then slowly lost faith in the project as time passed and things didn’t progressed my way. I started spiralling down with health anxiety, daily panic attacks and only got better towards the beginning of September. I still have my ups and downs, but I’m trying to manage the best I can.

I would like to thank @Black_Dragon43 for the support and tips over PMs. That alone helped massively. Once again it is proved that a lot of value is in the PMs and connections you make on the forum.

I don’t know what I would’ve done without the passive streams of income. They’re not much, but took care of expenses while I could not really think of much.

Looking through my post history and even through this thread it’s like I’m reading about a different person. I lost a lot of my drive. I am very dissatisfied with my business experiences. I’ve suffered mentally so much over health anxiety that I feel my tolerance is way lower now, and by not trying anymore I would somehow keep myself safe.

Lost 32kg in total, down to 72kg( been here for a few months now).

I’m even considering getting back into the rat race, maybe finding a sales position somewhere or doing a law degree. Really confused at the moment. Don’t get me wrong, I would like to make a good product and go through the process like in TGRRE , but I would also like to see some F*cking progress from time to time.

I realised now this thread should be named How Not to Build a Brand :rofl:.

I know I sound like I’m complaining a lot, but I wanted to provide an update to this thread as I felt pressured to do so :)

I’ve always said the Fastlane isn’t for everyone so maybe it’s time I take my own advice.
Glad to hear I could help a little brother…

Here’s what I’d say… the current approach is obviously not sustainable and not working. But that doesn’t mean you should give up on the Fastlane.

Making a successful product is imo the HARD way to get rich. Most rich people are not product creators, they are marketers of products (and the second richest are service providers).

You’re not seeing much progress because what you’re trying to do is inherently very difficult and you’re missing a lot of the steps along the way.

I believe one of the most valuable thing a young person can do is get really really good at a high value skill… something like copywriting, audience building, programming and so on.

With a high value skill you can earn right away, and you can turn it into a business by hiring others and building it into an agency. It’s what I’ve done, and now I teach others how to do the same. It’s awesome because you know you’ll never be without money.

If my current consulting business were to fail, it wouldn’t be a big deal to me. I can always go back to being a direct response copywriter and with my background have 10+ clients lined up outside my door waiting to hire me. I’d be making $10K+/mo even if I just worked on Upwork and chilled… and why would I work outside of Upwork as a freelancer? Guys come knock on your door there if you’re good and all you have to do is let them in and take the money…

It will take you 2 years of hardship and struggle to build a high value skill from scratch. Less if you have money and can get mentorship. But it will keep paying for the rest of your life.

The alternative to this is doing some ecommerce/affiliate marketing kind of business. It can work much faster, but requires capital and bigger risks. With a skill you pretty much can’t fail, because it all depends on your own ability to perform.

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
I picked up the product then slowly lost faith in the project as time passed and things didn’t progressed my way.

So, your health is under control pretty much. Massive weight loss. Hope you are also doing some solid strength training to be light and fit! Just 15 minutes a day works miracles.

Why have you lost faith in the project?
Is it the marketing? The branding? Selling... manufacturing?

I thought you don't give up ;)

Could be that this project should be shelved - but you haven't given any good argument as to why it should be shelved.

Also - perhaps you should look at licensing the idea, instead of making it into a business of your own?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.