The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to break up with someone who loves you?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
This is a mild issue, but I have to break up with this guy who is really in love with me. I been with him for exactly a year, out of desperation knowing I was going to dump him before we even kissed, but now I am really settle into his place. I am dumping him because I need to relocate to another city, more money, and to get connections. I can't stay with him longer than next week.

He does a bunch of wonderful tasks... and I can't just dump him easily like that because that's just cruel. I don't want to be that ugly to someone that kind-hearted.

Should I just pick up my things next week after my last day at work, and say, "I am not in love with you anymore, and I am going to go, don't worry about me. Thanks for everything", kiss him, then go? But it just seems cold.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
& You're trying to not be cold but wasted 1 year of his life?

I don't feel emotional attachment to strangers, and he was one when I met him. I thought I would be with him maximum 1-3 months.. at that time I was in a dark place.

I can't predict how I am going to feel about someone in a year's time, maybe if I was completely heartless, I wouldn't care at all now. But I care enough to think how I have to treat this matter

G-man422

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Oct 5, 2011
Ohio, USA
Lights, I mean this with all due respect; you are the craziest person on this forum. I'm not saying that's a bad thing.

In regard to your question, it's best to approach it like pulling off a band-aid. Just do it, and do it fast.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How to break up with someone who loves you?

It's not working and I think it's time we go our separate ways.

I can't just dump him easily like that because that's just cruel.

Says the woman with the knife in her hand...

Your non-actions (stringing him along and wasting 1 year of his life) is cruel. You haven't broken up with him because you're selfish - it has nothing to do with him. You've been here over a year and frankly, this is your modus operandi.

Who you kidding. :mad:

I, I, I...

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
Lights, I mean this with all due respect; you are the craziest person on this forum. I'm not saying that's a bad thing.

In regard to your question, it's best to approach it like pulling off a band-aid. Just do it, and do it fast.

Thanks

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
frabz-I-dont-always-talk-about-karma-But-when-I-do-its-because-its-a-b-e0da1b.jpg

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
That is unbelievably immature and childish of you to play him for an entire year, I feel bad for the guy your dating who thinks you have a serious relationship. Honestly I have to agree with AwkwardPublic on this one, it's time to use the ignore feature to it's full potential, all your posts are about your personal problems none of which relate to business or entrepreneurship, to be even more brutally honest, I could care less about how to dump your boyfriend in the least b!tchiest way (which their isn't one) or if you are going to starve yourself for 3 days for your "health", it's not interesting, not productive, and it doesn't add any value to the forum.

You are honestly the type of girl who I hope I never get in a relationship with, always contemplating overly deep thoughts, dating someone for a YEAR knowing your just going to leave them on the curb one day, not DOING anything, just talking about your personal life on a business forum

Lastly, make a god damn decision for yourself, you don't need to ask the forums opinion on if you should eat frosted flakes or fruit loops for breakfast and which one will align your mantra in a way for most positive synergy with the universe, it was entertaining to read for a while but now, I've seem the show 1 too many times, it's gettin old Lights

Don't reply, I wont see it because the second I click submit I am also ignoring you
:rant:

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
When I'm sad, I go to this thread and think, things could be a LOT worse.

Sad there are people like this. I reread your post after I posted and you said this is a mild issue. You should turn asexual and stay far away from any human connections til you get your noggin straight.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
When I'm sad, I go to this thread and think, things could be a LOT worse.

Sad there are people like this. I reread your post after I posted and you said this is a mild issue. You should turn asexual and stay far away from any human connections til you get your noggin straight.

According to her last thread, she is asexual. Not like it's something you can just 'turn', anyway...

I still don't think this chick is serious. If she is, she's way wacked out and needs a shrink. The ego has some pretty serious side effects. Three examples: Donald Trump, Charlie Sheen, and Lights.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
According to her last thread, she is asexual. Not like it's something you can just 'turn', anyway...
ruSerious.jpg

Three examples: Donald Trump, Charlie Sheen, and Lights.
Except 99% of people aren't as successful with these "issues".

I hope we aren't being trolled.

Attachments

• ruSerious.jpg
    ruSerious.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,439

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Lights

Fastlane Driver

This message is hidden because Lights is on your ignore list. View Post

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I been with him for exactly a year, out of desperation knowing I was going to dump him before we even kissed

So you are telling me you "dated" somebody for a WHOLE freaking year without actually dating? That doesn't sound very healthy at all. Relationships(romantic or not) are all about communication, communication and communication. Not living in this strange dichotomy of your little world versus the real world.

From day one you knew you didn't want to be with him yet you dragged it out for a whole freaking year by "dating" him? WOW.

You should go talk to a psychologist, they are way more helpful than a business forum. They help you break things down to form a more coherent perspective of reality. Please don't take it the wrong way. Good luck!

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
My bigger issues
You have bigger issues!!!!????
Raisins_Face.jpg

be someone someone can look up too
Yes, teach all people to live to your standards.
When the majority doesn't agree with your viewpoints, who cares, but when the MOTHERF--KING minority(as far as successful/like-minded individuals) tells you, you've got problems, you should probably listen.
Last year, I was homeless and not planning to live on the streets lol, so I had to make this guy my boyfriend (he's also 52, first boyfriend loll)...
F--king nuts. You should be on the streets, you've not earned anything from what I've read about you. Only thing you've done is leech off another and "try" to build your dream.
Go be happy on your own accord, not someone's personal life you're ruining(1year!!!)
lol_face_meme_humour_rofl_omg_omfg_poster-ref16a97111d94ee492e4db20639030e1_wvg_400.jpg

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Seriously, is there a way to ignore this whole thread? I'm getting tired of it showing up under new posts.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
Welp, here goes the ignore function for the first time. I second that you are the craziest person here. Really bizarre actually. Time to put you on the ol' ignore list. LIGHTS OUT

LOL! I was waiting for this day, because I Remember in the last thread that you posted in that lights made you were soooo mad ahahahah

Anyway, Lightz, in all honesty if you have serious issues I am open to a nice chat if you are willing to do that (unless you are just trolling this whole forum from day 1)

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
LOL! I was waiting for this day, because I Remember in the last thread that you posted in that lights made you were soooo mad ahahahah

Anyway, Lightz, in all honesty if you have serious issues I am open to a nice chat if you are willing to do that (unless you are just trolling this whole forum from day 1)

Yeah I have issues...
posting retarded threads on this/any forum... acting like a whiny beach-ball.

I shouldn't have to care what others think about my doings, and just don't give a door about it. I am what I am.

I am going to keep my business/fastlane ideas and my personal life separated from now on.

my bad

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Nice to see MJ follow the rabbit...

"""He does a bunch of wonderful tasks... and I can't just dump him easily like that because that's just cruel. I don't want to be that ugly to someone that kind-hearted. But I will do it this week.""""

I don't need to continue... everyone knows where this is going... worst of all, you know where this is going. You know why you wrote this.

Shame is the desired effect.

Shame allows you to displace rage and loathing onto others, not yourself.

Shame allows you to feel bad, and then "cut it off" and go on with your "good" self.

Worst of all, it robs you of guilt.

Which is a necessity for being a decent person.

leono

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 12, 2012
Two books I hope you read:

7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven Covey
The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin by Benjamin Franklin

Both books contain information about how to become a better person, but not by just setting goals (short-term), but instead by building one's character (long-term) such that your goals (whatever they may be) become a natural side efffect of your new character.

Hope this helps you, Lights or someone out there...

Flaag

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jul 1, 2012
She's a woman, if you think she's the only one that go in relationships with the intention of only 3 months. Than you need some life education!!
A relationship is different from a woman's point of view. Look it from her side, but you guys only put her on the ignore list while you tell it. That's something my nephew of five would do. If you want to ignore her, just ignore her. You don't need to tell her that, she has no message to it. She asked for advice and the only thing you can do is saying:"I will put you on the ignore list, neh neh neh!" That's pretty common, in the kindergarten.

For a woman there's a lot of social pressure to have a boyfriend and her boyfriend is probably such a wussy that kissed her a$$ for weeks. Off course, it's still something that you don't do, but it's understandable.

She has the responsibility, but her boyfriend too! For what's worth, I speak out of experience, I was once that wussy.
I don't know the reputation of Lights, so probably she deserved the intense reactions. She doesn't deny that she has emotional baggage, we all do. But if she asks for advice, you ignore her or you answer her question.

It amazes me that girls think there's an easy way to break up. There isn't!!

angelique

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 9, 2011
Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
Hi, Lights.

No matter which way you put it, it's probably going to hurt if he's really in love with you. I say just be honest and tactful. There's no need to tell him the whole story about knowing that you would break up with him from the get-go. Then, let him have his reaction/response and move on.

Good luck.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
So she can pimp the game... Not the first time this has happened.

User

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 30, 2012
I made an account just to say this:

You seriously reminded me of my ex so much, I thought you were her until you mentioned you were moving, and some other stuff...

Scared the crap outta me, because she WOULD post on a message board like this too!

*Phew* LOL

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
I made an account just to say this:

You seriously reminded me of my ex so much, I thought you were her until you mentioned you were moving, and some other stuff...

Scared the crap outta me, because she WOULD post on a message board like this too!

*Phew* LOL

Hmm...

I try to believe I am not like most women.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.