The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to attract blogers

Baku

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 20, 2014
Poland
Hi, I and my copartner develop website based on content. We have 8 editors already but we need a much more. We emailed to circa 150 blogers already, and we're continuing doing this. But... it's VERY inefficient. Where can I find people who can want to write with us. These people will have space for their social profiles, their blog ( social icons ), and one banner above each their article.
But I think so.. People whose have their own websites may be not interested to developing another website, even if this can be profitable for these. Hmm but in the other hand our site isn't yet very popular and maybe this is reason of low interesting of our site.
I want to tell we'll be developing site, increasing traffic and looking for more and more editors but.. I launched this tread because I'm curious on how you think about it, about this activity and ways to gaining a large editors group. Ahh I didn't ended my earlier though. So maybe I should looking for people without any blogs, and tell them that they can start to build their authority in internet. Hmm this could be good.. But where these people are..
Feel free to check out our website: http://ideafortoday.com/

Best wishes!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
This is one way you could do it:

1. Pay for each article in the beginning. Make sure to get people with a large following. Once they have written the article, ask them to share it to their readers.

Do this until you get a healthy monthly visitors count.

2. Now approach other bloggers and give them the monthly visitors count, but also tell them that x and y person have already written for you (social proof!).

Now when you have a following + authors who have written on your site, you can attract people to write for you without giving them money.

You got to ask yourself: Whats in it for them to write for you? How can they profit from spending time writing for you?
And because you don't have a big following now, then you got to attract bloggers in some other way. And most people would like some cash :)

Baku

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 20, 2014
Poland
Thanks for your answer.

Yup, but articles can be expensive, I'm not sure I can pay them, there are so much things to pay like adwords first, server, my study. I work as a graphic designer too, maybe this is the way to earn more I'm not sure..

I thought about provide them an ad slot under their articles. I mean, a lot of blogers have their own books, products, maybe they would cooperate with us if they could advertise yourself. But it won't be effective until there is a lot of traffic.

My dilemma is: if I provide them an ad slot, won't be that too much? I mean in long term. This decision is rather forever and this action can be treacherous in a year, two and longer...

I'm going to email now to rest of the blogers from my list and maybe there are somewhere one or two good souls who can help at the beginning. And if that doesn't work I'll be looking for really small blogers with facebook less than 1000-500 likes. This can be fifty-fifty value trade. Maybe we don't gain much followers but content and as you said (social proof!) :D

Anyway thank you Ryllban. If someone have any thoughts about that please share with it here! :)) It's very interesting for me.

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
Thanks for your answer.

Yup, but articles can be expensive, I'm not sure I can pay them, there are so much things to pay like adwords first, server, my study. I work as a graphic designer too, maybe this is the way to earn more I'm not sure..

I thought about provide them an ad slot under their articles. I mean, a lot of blogers have their own books, products, maybe they would cooperate with us if they could advertise yourself. But it won't be effective until there is a lot of traffic.

My dilemma is: if I provide them an ad slot, won't be that too much? I mean in long term. This decision is rather forever and this action can be treacherous in a year, two and longer...

I'm going to email now to rest of the blogers from my list and maybe there are somewhere one or two good souls who can help at the beginning. And if that doesn't work I'll be looking for really small blogers with facebook less than 1000-500 likes. This can be fifty-fifty value trade. Maybe we don't gain much followers but content and as you said (social proof!) :D

Anyway thank you Ryllban. If someone have any thoughts about that please share with it here! :)) It's very interesting for me.

Yeah but you got to face the reality as well. Skip adwords and put your money on paying bloggers in the beginning instead. The ROI for traffic could be ALOT bigger if you find the right bloggers, instead of trying to get a few clicks on adwords.

Why would they want an ad slot on a site that is not getting any traffic? You got to make an attractive offer that they will benefit from NOW. Not 2 years later.

David Wills

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Feb 26, 2015
Maybe if you hire people in the early stage of their careers (i.e. Journalist students). They will be willing for extra promotion and open new doors.

Best of luck,

Baku

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 20, 2014
Poland
Thanks guys for your ideas. I'll post when something move forward :D

Baku

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 20, 2014
Poland
Hi guys, slowly forward. We have new four bloggers from USA, GB, France and Singapour. The goal is 5 new bloggers to end of this week, so one more. And later new 3 bloggers for every week.
Whole action requires effort, we talked with several hundred of people, big bloggers, small, middle popular.

First step was create a website, second is creating network of bloggers, providing the content and value. I said 3 bloggers per week but honestly I think it's will be circa 5-6. But stay with 3, after 2 months we have new 24 bloggers + 13 present, thats equal around 40 writers. I hope it will be getting easier when another people will see that they are not alone which want to write for us.

On the horizon shows next goal, next step. Make this site big, make some buzz. It's should be pretty easy to positioning in google with that amount of expected content, but waiting for organic grow is to passive.
So I made some place in my head for this purpose. What you think about it? What is your experience in this field? What would you do.

Ps. If you want to relax a little: http://ideafortoday.com/spend-it-well/breathing-exercise-to-help-you-relax :D ^^ :))

Best wishes

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.