The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How many women are on the fastlane forum

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
I know :( I like it when I'm underestimated tho. They don't see me as a threat. They should but im just a blonde chick with a big mouth lol

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
I know :( I like it when I'm underestimated tho. They don't see me as a threat. They should but im just a blonde chick with a big mouth lol

lmao. The perfect decoy ;)

It's only the sharp men who know a woman's true power in Business.

jpa0827

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Feb 13, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Women are awesome. Back when I had the property management biz, I would always bring my mom along when interviewing potential renters because some females have that indescribable intuition that can get a better feel for a person's character.

In my experience they seem to complain less too. Anybody watch women's soccer? If a girl falls down, she gets back up no problem. Men's soccer...a very different story.

That's the truth! I've always noticed guys tend to complain a lot more than women.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
lmao. The perfect decoy ;)

It's only the sharp men who know a woman's true power in Business.

true. and false... its the sharp men that utilize it... others are threatened by it... that's when things get interesting and the insulting begins :p oh hush now darling... don't worry your pretty little head sweetie... etc... I especially love when they call you babe or honey :) LOL

Aimee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 3, 2014
I've noticed a lot of men (particularly the younger ones, dare I say it) seem to have an unwarranted 'holier-than-thou' attitude on forums such as these, as if they have something to prove. A lot of women just can't be bothered with this sort of thing.

I'm probably biased, but a lot of the valuable information I have gained during my short time on these forums has come from the small percentage of women. :D Women in general are much less blunt then men, easier to talk to, and less likely to want you to massage their ego.

Saying that, I have met some very interesting guys on this forum as well, so I suppose it just depends on the individual.

I do, however, find the idea of women being 'intimidated' by men to be utterly ridiculous. Maybe that's just me. :p

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Yes. Most young guys are simply just that, sadly. They still have an entire boy-to-man process to experience and Lord knows, most don't even make it.

Women don't have ego issues unlike the majority of men we meet (esp in Business). They will call it as it is. The rare man has managed to look past the ego massage and calls it as he sees it too, which is amazing.

Women are intimidated by a facade. That's all, really.

Magik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Sep 23, 2013
I find it interesting no one has mentioned this as a possibility yet:

Look at the cover of MJ's book. If a woman is looking for a book about entrepreneurship, and she has the following choices, which is she more likely to pick up? (assuming here she has had no word of mouth referrals, or other reason's to go for a particular book)

Feminine Covers such as "Rich Woman", or a book with Suze Orman's face smiling back at her...
A more neutral cover such as Four Hour Work Week
Or MJ's fast car title and cover. (I confess, I don't even know nor do I care what kind of car that is...)

The fastlane screams young buck.

YES, YES, YES, EXACTLY. The most accurate, intelligent thing that has been said in this entire thread.

Not everyone holds the dream of driving a Lambo and having a company of dozens of employees that they manage. However, some do. Some have the idea of living the bachelor lifestyle. Whatever reason got you here is the right reason, RIGHT NOW. The fastlane with force those who need to change and flush out the rest.

I've gone back to reading the book, because I need to hear the truths it holds again. However, I could see how a woman would read it for five minutes and put it down. Why? Because it is written by a man, and the tone of the book is very masculine (direct, light on emotion, logical). Likewise, if I tried to read the book by Sheryl Sandberg, I probably wouldn't get past the first chapter, because it is not written for me, and my personality would have a hard time relating to it.

Many of you are expecting men to act different, instead of considering that the product may need some adjustments. It's like the thread where someone was bitching about customers using ad blockers on his site, when that was just consumers being consumers. Another point: I have seen a few women talking about sex, in particular, some of these romance authors (and not all about writing). Have any of you called them out?

I, for one, don't care for any male, macho talk around here. This is not the forum for that (there are shitloads of forums for that). However, you should not scratch your head if you see any of it. The desire to be better with and get more women runs parallel to entrepreneurism for many men, as both force us to change who we are for the better and step up our game if we want to be successful. The idea of getting married and having children does not currently appeal to me, and I'm a 31 year old male. Am I immature? Should I feel guilty because I don't think like the herd does on this issue? I find it childish to criticize men who arrive here with that desire (perhaps that's what motivates them, perhaps that's their Lambo, their mansion, their pot of gold at the end of the rainbow), but I find it equally childish for these men to act like this is a frat house. So, I find both sides to be incorrect on this one.

The point is you can't expect the consumer to change who they are. All that can be done is to alter the product in ways to cater to women more (forum moderation, different marketing, women's only forum, men's only forum, whatever...) and to deter these types of men from posting.

So, let's get to the solution. If you want to improve this problem, make an announcement that you will ban any male poster who talks about "getting laid", start publicly kicking them out (INSIDERS included), and you will see this problem clear up quickly.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
make an announcement that you will ban any male poster who talks about "getting laid", start publicly kicking them out (INSIDERS included), and you will see this problem clear up quickly.

In the past, this was pretty regular. Now I only see it once a month or so. A warning usually puts it to an end.

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX

I'm the exact same way, I really like when people underestimate me. It is so irritating that it helps me work so much harder, because I absolutely need to prove them wrong.

But I am a female here as well, and though I have only been on this forum a short time, I don't see any issues with the men on here. Business is a male dominated world, and I think it is only natural for a business/entrepreneurial forum to reflect that.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Don't underestimate either the power and intelligence of a stay at home Mom. My wife is smarter than most people I know, and could run circles around most. Without her, our business would not be where it is. Men and women alike tend to dismiss the career choices of a stay at home Mom. There are Moms on here that are brilliant, are raising children, and have a business mind as well. I actually think their jobs are harder than dropping the kids off at daycare for the day. Don't dismiss them.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Jimmyy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Dec 19, 2013
I guess I don't really care what sex people on this site are. Good advice is good advice, bad advice is bad advice. There are very clear differences between men and women when you draw generalities from a huge sample size but there are enough exceptions to the rule for it to not be worth having prejudices. As for the differences on the site % I'd say it's because there's less female entrepreneurs (34%ish female in 2007 in US) and the fact that MJ's branding is very male orientated. It would be cool to encourage more female members though, if you think of it from a statistical point of view we're missing out on some great posters.

Are the girls on the forum intimidated by the style of the posts on here? I've seen comments with a sexual theme and some very blokey comments but I've never seen anything anti-female or outright sexist.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
The picture of the lambo on the front seems like a good move. Honestly I don't ever plan to drive a lambo even if I had a billion dollars. It's not really my thing. But everyone knows what it symbolizes. When I see money and dollar signs and a lambo, I am smart enough to replace the lambo with the image I want. We all know that a lambo is a status symbol of wealth (and I imagine probably fun to drive). So I can see this being marketed both for a man or woman. Also with the road there it provides an image of what the title of the book is telling you. Faaaastlaaaane...

As for women. I am not sure why anyone ever let them out of the kitchen. Having them enter the workplace is the main cause to all our economic collapses....

bwwaahaaaahhaa

OK all kidding aside... I find women also to have very strong intuition. They also can have excellent memory and pick up on tiny details. I can be completely clueless and my wife or lady friend will have to clue me in on something that went down. Maybe I don't pay enough attention to detail but let's say I come out of a store or a restaurant, how many times... and a woman will say something like "did you see that guy in there with the lame green shoes and his hair was all nasty and he was wearing the cheap fake watch from Walmart." I might be like "um nope". The other woman friend might say something like "oh was he the one that ordered the double stack cheeseburger with extra fries, hold the pickles... and was drinking the miller lite who was looking at that chick from across the room who was wearing those high heel boots and obviously didn't know how to put on her lipstick and appears she fell from the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down."

That's when I am like ---> :wacky: Just take me home...

WilliamD

Worldshifter
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Feb 10, 2014
Norway
Men have their weaknesses and qualities, same for women.

This forum does not feel girlie and has no emotional talk. What was expected?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Men have their weaknesses and qualities, same for women.

This forum does not feel girlie and has no emotional talk. What was expected?
That's not quite true. I've seen a lot of emotional talk mostly from men because they out number the women so greatly.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.