The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How many women are on the fastlane forum

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
Originally Posted by CashFlowDepot
I like helping the newbies too, but some of the questions and comments are just
down right stupid and don't deserve an answer. It gets old!
So leave.

No, don't leave! Your posts are always interesting, dammit.

I think it's only natural that there'd be frustration on both sides -- the veterans with answering the same old questions over and over again, and the newbies reacting to any impatience they might feel. But both groups have a lot to offer.

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
I think it's only natural that there'd be frustration on both sides -- the veterans with answering the same old questions over and over again, and the newbies reacting to any impatience they might feel. But both groups have a lot to offer.

I don't think people should act mightier than thou because their reputation speed is high. There's much to learn whether you've got 20 years under your belt or even 1. NO ONE in this forum should ever assume someone is a "newbie" because they just joined the forum. There's plenty of people here who have low reputation speeds and may possibly have a successful business! You don't know who's behind the screen!

I'm not saying she should leave because I don't like what she had to say, I think she should because she obviously doesn't see the value in this forum, which is fine. If it's too saturated with "newbies" or "people with stupid questions" there's no reason to stay and mope about it, just erase the content on your profile, delete the e-mail address associated with this account and move on to "better" things with "more successful" people.

I think anyone can add value to this forum, even the newbies with no experience in entrepreneurism. I get insight from EVERY SINGLE person on this forum that's why I joined, not to be around "the elite", "powerful" and "successful" but to share ideas with like-minded people.

We're obviously not "good enough" for her so the door is open as she already knows I'm sure.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
I think anyone can add value to this forum, even the newbies with no experience in entrepreneurism. I get insight from EVERY SINGLE person on this forum that's why I joined, not to be around "the elite", "powerful" and "successful" but to share ideas with like-minded people.

I agree with this 100%, and for what it's worth, I've really enjoyed and learned from many of your posts too. We all start at zero speed, and it's terrific to see new blood and new ideas. I'm still somewhat new here myself. I just felt compelled to offer an opposing view before CashFlowDepot feels unwelcome based the reaction of one person(s).

In a way, this forum mimics the real world. The new guy or gal isn't always accorded the same respect as the person who's been there a while. Sometimes, this is unwarranted. But sometimes, it's because the new guy irritates the old guard because he wants to be "spoon fed" as my teachers used to say. (I'm not saying you want to be spoon fed. I'm just saying that sometimes, newer members ask very basic questions that could be answered with a 10-second Google search, as an example.)

And honestly, it just made me really uncomfortable for one person to suggest to another forum member to "just leave." For what it's worth, I'd have also taken issue with someone telling you to "just leave" too.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
And honestly, it just made me really uncomfortable for one person to suggest to another forum member to "just leave." For what it's worth, I'd have also taken issue with someone telling you to "just leave" too.

If I said something negative about the newbies and "stupid questions" that everyone first has, I WOULD HOPE someone would ask me to leave.

If I'm expressing dislike over something, why should I stay around? What good would it do for myself and the rest of the forum members, people who read the book and join this forum EVERYDAY? Nothing.

CashFlowDepot CAN and HAS added TONS OF VALUE to this forum, but it seems at this point in time she is ready to move on to better things. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Me telling her to leave was not out of spite or disrespect.. This forum is not a place for bitching and complaining. And if reading about newbies who have questions that are too "downright stupid to answer" don't express that, just deactivate your account. She's sticking her nose in the air because she's got her 20 years in her belt. SO WHAT? I don't care that you're serial entrepreneur but what I do care about is what you have to say and your willingness to share your knowledge no matter HOW STUPID the question may be.

TopChef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
May 22, 2013
Near San Diego
Cashflowdepot. I too value your posts and hope you stick around. I've never done any mobile home investing but I did read through your responses on that thread here on the forum. There was a lot of gold in that thread. If I remember correctly people who never even invested in mobile homes wanted to talk about how terrible of an investment they were. If you did not chime in to say otherwise that thread would have died and I would have never known what a fabulous investment they can be. Speed + to you.

Fastlearner. I understand what you are saying, but I really doubt cashflowdepot was trying to act holier than thou. Read through her old posts, she has helped plenty of newbies and seasoned real estate vets. I think she was just being honest. Nothing wrong with that.

In general, I think speed works very well on this forum. People who ask questions will get help regardless of their speed. Good answers will get a response regardless of the posters speed. And you don't see people here constantly bellyaching about how much speed they have.

People here are smart enough to not confuse speed with success. Why do you think people post so much in the general forum instead of the speedway forum? It's because people want help with their problems and they know there are a lot of smart business owners who are either parked or have little speed.

For what it's worth, I think it is easy to spot true newbies that post on this forum. You can distinguish wether someone is a newbie or not regardless of speed or join date if they ask classic questions like "What is the best product/niche to get into" or they post a lot of fantasy threads like Omertà does. These people can actually be disrespectfull because they ask questions that have already been answered again and again and again. And they expect other people to use up their valuable time instead of looking for answers on their own.

For the new forum members here, some of the most usefull knowledge here can be found from "Jill" and "Aroundtheworld". You can do a search for their profile and see their posts there.

Sindi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Sep 8, 2013
Agree! As a newbie myself, I would only ask a question if I can't find it on the internet or if I would like an experienced opinion.

So leave.
I didn't join this forum to read replies like this.

For the new forum members here, some of the most usefull knowledge here can be found from "Jill" and "Aroundtheworld". You can do a search for their profile and see their posts there.
Thank you for this! I appreciate the help. Will head over and read their posts now. Cheers.

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV

So leave.

Are you F*cking serious??? Who the hell are you to tell anyone around here to leave?
She said she likes helping out but SOME of the shit people say just not worth a response. Im not no fastlaner or nothing and I agree with that, and Im sure everyone else with a little bit of entrepreneurial sense feels the same. Especially questions thats only a google seach away or downright redundant. (If Im wrong let me know and i'll happily leave since i feel that way).

But for some reason the only thing you got out of what she said is that she is ....
bitching and complaining . . . act mightier than thou because their reputation speed is high

Sorry but your response is pathetic. Not once did she mention anything about her rep speed and looking down on people.

Personally I much rather you go (I hope you dont though) than her because what kinda value have you provided with a ignorant response like that.
She has provided so much value on this forum. As a matter of fact one of her threads helped me out a great deal when I purchased my first rental property last year. I would definitely hate to see her go so I took your response personal.

Edit: Sorry MJ for "attacking a woman" on this forum since I know you're trying to rejuvenate the women's role here. :sorry:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Everyone chill out. Relax the language. This was a good discussion to have. Don't let it (or cause it to) erode.

We don't want anyone to leave.

Correction, we want DIPSHITS to leave but there are none in this thread (yet.)

Carry on. Everyone relax.

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Are you F*cking serious??? Who the hell are you to tell anyone around here to leave?

Watch your language, didn't your mother teach you how to get your point across without dropping the F' bomb?

She said she likes helping out but SOME of the shit people say just not worth a response. Im not no fastlaner or nothing and I agree with that, and Im sure everyone else with a little bit of entrepreneurial sense feels the same. Especially questions thats only a google seach away or downright redundant. (If Im wrong let me know and i'll happily leave since i feel that way).

You're going to have your take on what she said, and I'll have mine. You obviously either scanned through what I said or was so built up on emotion that you quickly wrote your post without CAREFULLY analyzing what I said, I said "..
[
quote=FastLearner;301720]CashFlowDepot CAN and HAS added TONS OF VALUE to this forum, but it seems at this point in time she is ready to move on to better things. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Me telling her to leave was not out of spite or disrespect..[/quote]"

Do you feel better now since you've got your little rant out?

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Everyone chill out. Relax the language. This was a good discussion to have. Don't let it (or cause it to) erode.

Some people will, because apparently what I said was so incredibly offensive. I'm all for CashDepotFlow staying! However, this is NOT the first thread in which she has made this proposition of wanting to "weed out" the "unsuccessful" people who haven't figured out what they want to do. This forum will ALWAYS have newbies, new people join everyday, that just comes with the territory.

I apologize if some of you took what I had said in your very own twist. We all interpret things in own way and I am well aware of that. I never said that she wasn't a HUGE asset to this forum, I have so much respect for every forum member, however, if one isn't happy with how things are and the surplus of stupid question there will sometimes be on this forum, it would be more productive to join a forum or an organization where EVERYONE has already achieved their success and can provide ADDITIONAL knowledge for everyone of their caliber.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
:chatter::eek:fftopic:

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV
Do you feel better now since you've got your little rant out?

No rant here, and definitely no hard feelings. I just think your lil comment was unnessary and disrespectful...

Anyways .. Carry on ...

Yankee427

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jan 17, 2011
NJ
Can't everyone just get along :p Remember as Steve Siebold says in How Rich People Think Differently it all comes from an area of love and abundance and not negativity to get on the fast lane.

Woman definitely bring a nice perspective to these forums so I'm glad we have you here.

Worldisyours

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 20, 2013
Well the real business world is 10 times tougher than this forum, so it would be good practice for a female to deal with the abuse here, because the way they handle it will can improve their business approach

The truth is, the few of us on here that are actually big time, do offer value that cannot be found any where else.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Well the real business world is 10 times tougher than this forum, so it would be good practice for a female to deal with the abuse here, because the way they handle it will can improve their business approach

The truth is, the few of us on here that are actually big time, do offer value that cannot be found any where else.

You're not going to be around here very long if all your posts go like this. There's not going to be any abuse of anybody handed out here. You have no idea who the people on here even are, "big time." Sit back, get to know the place a little bit better, and then maybe you will begin to add some value.

You've got 28 posts and two likes. A good rule of thumb is one like per post on average. Focus on adding value to the discussions and your credibility here will gain attention.

D

DeletedUser394

You're not going to be around here very long if all your posts go like this. There's not going to be any abuse of anybody handed out here. You have no idea who the people on here even are, "big time." Sit back, get to know the place a little bit better, and then maybe you will begin to add some value.

You've got 28 posts and two likes. A good rule of thumb is one like per post on average. Focus on adding value to the discussions and your credibility here will gain attention.

It's thanks to that guy that I've discovered the new and improved IGNORE function. It works quite well! :D

Edit: Nobody here has 20 billion dollars, so we're all small time to him anyway.

Worldisyours

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 20, 2013

I am not very good in English and was never good at putting my thoughts in writing, I'll keep trying.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
I find it amusing that people here are saying that the men scared the women off. While that is a possibility I think there just aren't that many women entrepreneurs in general. While there are a great number of women executives out there, the fact is most are happily stuck in the slowlane and most do not have an interest in the fastlane. Some would rather spend their time raising children and some unfortunately for the younger generation would rather spend their time watching reality tv. While there have been some questionable posts from some forum members, nothing I've read here has ever made me even consider to leave this forum.

I find it interesting no one has mentioned this as a possibility yet:

Look at the cover of MJ's book. If a woman is looking for a book about entrepreneurship, and she has the following choices, which is she more likely to pick up? (assuming here she has had no word of mouth referrals, or other reason's to go for a particular book)

Feminine Covers such as "Rich Woman", or a book with Suze Orman's face smiling back at her...
A more neutral cover such as Four Hour Work Week
Or MJ's fast car title and cover. (I confess, I don't even know nor do I care what kind of car that is...)

The fastlane screams young buck.

Last edited:

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
We are here. I am one. I think it was a great idea of MJ to even bring up this forum. I couldn't care less about frat-boy talk because I do not even engage in juvenile behaviour. We are one big family of FL mentality looking to help each other out.

If you're still talking about slaying chicks, go back to college and do us all a favour and stay there.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Women are awesome. Back when I had the property management biz, I would always bring my mom along when interviewing potential renters because some females have that indescribable intuition that can get a better feel for a person's character.

In my experience they seem to complain less too. Anybody watch women's soccer? If a girl falls down, she gets back up no problem. Men's soccer...a very different story.

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Women are awesome. Back when I had the property management biz, I would always bring my mom along when interviewing potential renters because some females have that indescribable intuition that can get a better feel for a person's character.

In my experience they seem to complain less too. Anybody watch women's soccer? If a girl falls down, she gets back up no problem. Men's soccer...a very different story.

Wonderful of you to recognise intuition. All women have very powerful intuition, I personally for example possess a razor sharp one and it has never failed me.

Women are expected to do so much more emotionally, so we have less time to complain. I agree with the football (soccer to the Americans reading...) bit. Lots of ego involved. I am all for the men who respect women who respect themselves.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
I have been here :) I probably posted a thread like this here somewhere back in the day... I stopped posting not because I felt shoved out with testosterone or anything as I had to concentrate on non fast lane areas of life, it was not my main focus...

there could be a bit more sensitivity on this forum... that's true of the internet in general. this is the only forum (besides rdpd) that I even have my sex listed because theres always a certain amount of bullshit you have to put up with when your a girl. I try to blend in as one of the guys as much as possible... on any forex forums I have male listed LOL

I will just point out something I noticed goes to the general nature of guys vrs girls ... playing video games. we played wow for a while. in the video games you can have guy or girl toons a lot of guys have girl toons idk why.... you can always tell who is really who if you watch them while they play. all the guys no matter if its a female toon or not... will kill all the little critters they come across. the females don't... LOL

my conclusion is that guys just do things. they kill critters. they say mean things they don't know are mean... that's jut guys... everyone just needs to learn to be nicer in general and I think everything will be ok :)

Cruor Vult

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Feb 18, 2014

Could not agree more. Whenever I had some hiring to do, I'd always bring along a friend of mine. Her intuition is just uncanny, and whenever I went against her advice, I'd live to regret it.

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Brilliant.

I bring in women, exactly because of the insight they bring to the business. they often work harder than men, dont run around like roosters crowing over even small victories, and get more stuff done in a day, than some men in a week.

one of the best resources in business, and half the planet (women)

are a HUGE benefit to have their insight.

one of my personal goals it to mentor good female executives. another, is to mentor young dumb men into being better men, not boys.

Z

Incredible reply zen*******. Women's egos don't get in the way.

I will absolutely take you up on the mentoring female executives. Is this an offer that still stands ?

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom

Oh. I never realised us women need to get abused by men in Business. Any "man" that has dared to speak down to me, didn't get any of my time. What a pathetic and sexist thing to say. Women already have a tough time being taken seriously let alone someone spewing this out now.

If you cannot respect what we bring, please do not dare to speak to women who bring it and close it.

Worldisyours

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 20, 2013
Oh. I never realised us women need to get abused by men in Business. Any "man" that has dared to speak down to me, didn't get any of my time. What a pathetic and sexist thing to say. Women already have a tough time being taken seriously let alone someone spewing this out now.

If you cannot respect what we bring, please do not dare to speak to women who bring it and close it.

I wrote that wrong, was in a rush :(

Think what I what Meant to say is "deal with It" to overcome it

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
I wrote that wrong, was in a rush :(

Think what I what Meant to say is "deal with It" to overcome it

There are ways of saying that. You know, not every "female entrepreneur" sits and just bakes cookies from the kitchen. Some of us have real, tangible businesses with clients and desire to be respected above just our face or body. I understand what your point was and you are lucky I did because with that attitude, you would have a whole load of pissed off business women.

We deal with enough discrimination outside business, never mind in it. It's all good. Peace and Love.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
I go the other way. I certainly don't like when guys talk down to me but secretly it gives me the added umph to do whatever it is they dismissed me for and kill it while they stand there looking like a douche.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
I go the other way. I certainly don't like when guys talk down to me but secretly it gives me the added umph to do whatever it is they dismissed me for and kill it while they stand there looking like a douche.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

And make no mistake, most of them; do.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!