The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How long did it take you to bench press 225?

G

Guest3722A

@The-J I'm not sure if you researched partials at all but here's an article you may find interesting: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/betteru21.htm
I also wanted to add something that's VERY important - FORM. Always make sure you are completely balanced and centered and the right muscles are doing the work.

Last, one more little trick that also helped me get a heavier bench was that I would grab the bar a little wider than normal. Generally, my pointer fingers would either be right on those lines that are on the olympic bar, or slightly outside of them (but equally placed/balanced). A side benefit to going wide is that it'll also build a wider chest, which generally goes for most movements. Wide = Wide. Ok I'm done

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser8

I sincerely appreciate the balance you're providing here, I think its great. Thank you. To be more specific, as I do tend to speak in "dude" at times, I follow the instructions on the package according to my size. Saturation occurs in about a week, and then I maintain thereafter according to the packaging. (My body holds a lot of muscle so I require more.) On a side note though, seeing that I'm going through some work related issues, I just had a full body mri about a month ago and I'm quite healthy. No kidney stones, nor have I ever had kidney stones. But, that's me. (And I've been taking creatine for a very long time.)

Also, as someone who does a 6 day program trading aerobic and anaerobic every other day, with the use of creatine (my maintenance dose is more than 1 tsp per day) , I was also able to get my biking (preferred aerobic) from a 30 minute 5 mile ride to a 20 minute 7 mile ride. That was fun, and I loved every minute of challenging my potential to my max. But then I got serious and dropped the games and went strait into the H.I.I.T. Which at my level was everything I had for 1 minute, then rest for a minute, then everything I had again for a minute, then rest 1 min, etc. etc. for only twenty minutes. ......and then I was informed that I needed another surgery. Which by the way was work related, as I was in an explosion. But that's irrelevant. The working out and pushing myself has nothing to do with this whatsoever -and in-case you're speculating a flaw, the gym-time was doctor's orders..

The creatine, however, is the shiznit. And without it, my energy levels and my personal gains absolutely would've taken much longer. HMB is also a good one. On a side note, since some of us are starting to compare **** sizes here, my finishing exercise after presses generally would be a pullover movement or maybe a dumbell flye movement, and sometimes I'd do the nautilus machine for flyes. AND with the help of creatine I was able to build up to the stack for reps. That's like 400 lbs + ..... reps. (I did it because I liked it).

Creatine Monohydrate.

SeanyHang

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
May 24, 2013
New Jersey
I've been lifting on and off since about 8th grade. Up until then I was a fat little turd..

[Story Time]

In middle school (prior to eighth grade) I was probably about 5' 5" and 190 pounds (prettyyy freaking fat). Kids were VICIOUS about it and being a punk-rock goth type (thank GOD I'm out of that phase) didn't help. I was literally ridiculed every day and would go home with tears in my eyes, hating life and wishing I was dead. I did however have a loving family and two friends both of whom were in none of my classes. Those friends don't play a role in this story but I just wanted it to be known that I did have a TINY bit of support.. I can't imagine how horrible it must be for those bullied kids out there who have no one.

One day, in seventh grade, while walking with my bike to quickchek alongside a group of the "alternative kids" ( who weren't really friends with me but would tolerate my presence ) we were surrounded by an infamous group - in that they were arrested all the time - of sophomores and juniors who would shoot heroine and have sex with 13 year olds (real classy bunch). They started taunting us and demanded that we give them our money. The entire group I was with pretended not to be scared, kept there eyes forward and proceeding walking on silently.

I tried walking on with the group but I suppose those bullies could sense that I was the one who didn't quite fit in. I was the one whose insecurities were out in the open. I was the injured, baby gazelle.. and they were starving cheetahs. As I walked by, one of the bullies grabbed me by the back of my shirt and horse collared me into the middle of their group, who were now circling me.

"Give me your money little boy" I fully remember Bryan (the biggest piece of white trash you would ever meet) saying to me.

"I don't have any" I said looking down.

WAM. Another kid from behind punched me in the kidney. I can still here the sound of his fist hitting my back through my shirt. I tried to keep a straight face as I wasn't going to show weakness or the fact that I was now in a lot of pain.

"GIIIVE..me your money, little boy"

"GUYS! COME BACK HERE!" I yelled to the group I was with before.

WAM. Another cheap shot to my back.

"I NEED YOUR HELP!" I screamed... They just kept walking.

The group of 5 or 6 bullies started shoving me from one person to another, almost making me lose my balance and trip while I was trying to hold onto my bike. They wanted to completely demoralize me - that or they were just pieces of shit who do that kind of thing to people for fun. As I was being pushed I knew that this wasn't the person who I wanted to be anymore. I didn't want to be some insecure punching bag. I knew I had to make a choice.

F*ck it.

I slammed down my bike and pushed Bryan - who was the biggest of them all. " F*ck YOUUUUU!" I screamed with a terrified yet proud cracking voice. I knew I was about to be beaten into oblivion.. but I had enough.. I didn't care.

Bryan looked at me with ferocious eyes. He was quiet for that second but his demeanor and facial expression were as loud as thunder. He was going to rip me limb from limb.

"I'll kill you, little boy. Don't you know that I can beat you to a pulp?"

Without missing a beat I said "I have no doubt's that you'll beat me down.. But I'll be damned if I don't get a few shots on the way down".

Looking back, I laugh now.. simply because that was the lamest brave thing I think anyone could have ever said. I could've said something like "I'll break your nose on the way down" or "I'll rip out your trachea out on the way down".. But no, I went the dorky route - whatever - it sufficed.

Just like that the group that was just threatening to jump me let a gap emerge in their circle for me to leave.

I picked up my bike, and walked out of that circle.. Or at least the new me did. The old weak, fat and scared Sean died just moments before when I had through down my bike. Those bullies - those cheetahs were one of the best things to have ever come into my life. They killed me. They devoured the wounded baby gazelle. But I was reborn. I emerged out of that circle a F*cking lion.

I got on my bike and rode up to the "alternative" group. "You abandoned me. F*ck all of you." I said right before I rode home and immediately started doing bicep curls (hey, I was young.. that was the only workout I knew).

Those bullies never bothered me again.

*For the curious* I'm now 24 and last I remember hearing, two of those kids in the group of bullies have since passed from an overdose, which is a shame.. It's terrible that they were so addicted that they let it get that far. Bryan is now in jail for 10-15 years from beating some guy with a lead pipe. I forgave the group that abandoned me pretty quickly soon after I started lifting weights and rising through the ranks of arbitrary middle school popularity (although I was never friends with any of them ever again). I realized they were simply a spineless bunch that were too afraid to help out a fallen comrade. If anything I pitied them.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Since that day I have been a fitness enthusiast. I also became very popular in eighth grade/high school due to my new found confidence - which admittedly felt nice after being ostracized for so long(but that's a story for another day).

In high school I would lift a lot, but due to being younger without too much testosterone my gains were relatively small. My senior year I was probably lifting about 185 but was in superb shape.

2 Years later I was working at a gym and literally ate, slept, and shit fitness. When I was 20 I was lifting (benching) about 320. That all came to a halt at around 21 though, when I had severely torn both rotator cuffs. I could barely lift my arms above my shoulders until I was 23 without incapacitating pain shooting down my arms and back. I kind of fell into a depression - it's hard identifying as a big guy let alone putting in all the work (lifting everyday and eating right) just to have it all go right back to where you started.

One faithful day at 23 though, I woke up and was fine. Literally a miracle. I started hitting the gym again and am now benching about 280.

I should note that I definitely have a mesomorph body type. I get fat fast, I get skinny fast, I put on muscle fast, and I lose muscle fast. I actually let myself go about 6 months ago and put on a decent amount of weight (fat). In the past month through cardio and intermittent fasting alone I've dropped 25 pounds. I've also put on 5 pounds of muscle in the past 2 1/2 months. It's weird - but I'm not complaining (except for the fact that I get fat so quickly).

To Everyone who actually read this... Thank you. I know it was kind of all over the place and I don't know what came over me to write my whole story, but reliving that day was extremely therapeutic. Sometimes it's nice to reflect and remember why you became the way that you are.

See you all on the forum,
Much Love,
Sean

Last edited:

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
About 2 months following starting strength I started out with 80 to be safe but I realised I could 3 x 5 145 lbs comfortably at the end of the second week.

I honestly don't like bench pressing its such a useless movement in my needs but I do incline press to prevent a droopy looking chest :spititout:

D

DeletedUser8

I've been lifting on and off since about 8th grade. Up until then I was a fat little turd..

[Story Time]

In middle school (prior to eighth grade) I was probably about 5' 5" and 190 pounds (prettyyy freaking fat). Kids were VICIOUS about it and being a punk-rock goth type (thank GOD I'm out of that phase) didn't help. I was literally ridiculed every day and would go home with tears in my eyes, hating life and wishing I was dead. I did however have a loving family and two friends both of whom were in none of my classes. Those friends don't play a role in this story but I just wanted it to be known that I did have a TINY bit of support.. I can't imagine how horrible it must be for those bullied kids out there who have no one.

One day, in seventh grade, while walking with my bike to quickchek alongside a group of the "alternative kids" ( who weren't really friends with me but would tolerate my presence ) we were surrounded by an infamous group - in that they were arrested all the time - of sophomores and juniors who would shoot heroine and have sex with 13 year olds (real classy bunch). They started taunting us and demanded that we give them our money. The entire group I was with pretended not to be scared, kept there eyes forward and proceeding walking on silently.

I tried walking on with the group but I suppose those bullies could sense that I was the one who didn't quite fit in. I was the one whose insecurities were out in the open. I was the injured, baby gazelle.. and they were starving cheetahs. As I walked by, one of the bullies grabbed me by the back of my shirt and horse collared me into the middle of their group, who were now circling me.

"Give me your money little boy" I fully remember Bryan (the biggest piece of white trash you would ever meet) saying to me.

"I don't have any" I said looking down.

WAM. Another kid from behind punched me in the kidney. I can still here the sound of his fist hitting my back through my shirt. I tried to keep a straight face as I wasn't going to show weakness or the fact that I was now in a lot of pain.

"GIIIVE..me your money, little boy"

"GUYS! COME BACK HERE!" I yelled to the group I was with before.

WAM. Another cheap shot to my back.

"I NEED YOUR HELP!" I screamed... They just kept walking.

The group of 5 or 6 bullies started shoving me from one person to another, almost making me lose my balance and trip while I was trying to hold onto my bike. They wanted to completely demoralize me - that or they were just pieces of shit who do that kind of thing to people for fun. As I was being pushed I knew that this wasn't the person who I wanted to be anymore. I didn't want to be some insecure punching bag. I knew I had to make a choice.

F*ck it.

I slammed down my bike and pushed Bryan - who was the biggest of them all. " F*ck YOUUUUU!" I screamed with a terrified yet proud cracking voice. I knew I was about to be beaten into oblivion.. but I had enough.. I didn't care.

Bryan looked at me with ferocious eyes. He was quiet for that second but his demeanor and facial expression were as loud as thunder. He was going to rip me limb from limb.

"I'll kill you, little boy. Don't you know that I can beat you to a pulp?"

Without missing a beat I said "I have no doubt's that you'll beat me down.. But I'll be damned if I don't get a few shots on the way down".

Looking back, I laugh now.. simply because that was the lamest brave thing I think anyone could have ever said. I could've said something like "I'll break your nose on the way down" or "I'll rip out your trachea out on the way down".. But no, I went the dorky route - whatever - it sufficed.

Just like that the group that was just threatening to jump me let a gap emerge in their circle for me to leave.

I picked up my bike, and walked out of that circle.. Or at least the new me did. The old weak, fat and scared Sean died just moments before when I had through down my bike. Those bullies - those cheetahs were one of the best things to have ever come into my life. They killed me. They devoured the wounded baby gazelle. But I was reborn. I emerged out of that circle a F*cking lion.

I got on my bike and rode up to the "alternative" group. "You abandoned me. F*ck all of you." I said right before I rode home and immediately started doing bicep curls (hey, I was young.. that was the only workout I knew).

Those bullies never bothered me again.

*For the curious* I'm now 24 and last I remember hearing, two of those kids in the group of bullies have since passed from an overdose, which is a shame.. It's terrible that they were so addicted that they let it get that far. Bryan is now in jail for 10-15 years from beating some guy with a lead pipe. I forgave the group that abandoned me pretty quickly soon after I started lifting weights and rising through the ranks of arbitrary middle school popularity (although I was never friends with any of them ever again). I realized they were simply a spineless bunch that were too afraid to help out a fallen comrade. If anything I pitied them.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Since that day I have been a fitness enthusiast. I also became very popular in eighth grade/high school due to my new found confidence - which admittedly felt nice after being ostracized for so long(but that's a story for another day).

In high school I would lift a lot, but due to being younger without too much testosterone my gains were relatively small. My senior year I was probably lifting about 185 but was in superb shape.

2 Years later I was working at a gym and literally ate, slept, and shit fitness. When I was 20 I was lifting (benching) about 320. That all came to a halt at around 21 though, when I had severely torn both rotator cuffs. I could barely lift my arms above my shoulders until I was 23 without incapacitating pain shooting down my arms and back. I kind of fell into a depression - it's hard identifying as a big guy let alone putting in all the work (lifting everyday and eating right) just to have it all go right back to where you started.

One faithful day at 23 though, I woke up and was fine. Literally a miracle. I started hitting the gym again and am now benching about 280.

I should note that I definitely have a mesomorph body type. I get fat fast, I get skinny fast, I put on muscle fast, and I lose muscle fast. I actually let myself go about 6 months ago and put on a decent amount of weight (fat). In the past month through cardio and intermittent fasting alone I've dropped 25 pounds. I've also put on 5 pounds of muscle in the past 2 1/2 months. It's weird - but I'm not complaining (except for the fact that I get fat so quickly).

To Everyone who actually read this... Thank you. I know it was kind of all over the place and I don't know what came over me to write my whole story, but reliving that day was extremely therapeutic. Sometimes it's nice to reflect and remember why you became the way that you are.

See you all on the forum,
Much Love,
Sean

This was a fantastic story! Read the whole thing in it's entirety and really glad I did!
I like the gazelle/cheetah metaphor... Very inspiring story!

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
pretty fast actually
was around maybe the 3-4th month of lifting
i was able to 10 rep 225 by the 11th month

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
That's awesome. I'd imagine your naturally a pretty damn strong guy, amiright? If not - then congrats, you have FREAKISHLY AWESOME genetics.

Great story man, you really dug your heels in and made them quit that stuff. That isn't easy to balance, most people shrivel like a burnt spider but you definately called the situation correctly and stung them enough to walk away with pride. Awesome.

As for being naturally strong, I'll add what I really think it is,

- Having Fun
- Physically coordinated
- Good mindset/approach

I'm well trained physically, and have a natural aptitude for sports, but I think it comes down to a mindset thing. I was just not "titilated" by putting weight onto the bar, I was more concerned with if I was being realistic and if I could be consistent. I enjoyed going down with my friend because he was always conscientious and pushed himself hard and expected the same from me. Those two things kept me away from that all too common desire to cheat your weight increase for the week and kept me long term.

It is like the difference between doing business for money or doing it because you are responsible and desire to lead. Humility, consistency and controlled challenge is food for champions.

But even though I knew that consistency was key, I also knew that you don't need to be mother Teresa, you just need to wait for your heart to be behind a weight increase (to be ready).

Small advantages, all pulled together, start to add up.

Eventually, I just felt stiffled by my friend's physical limits, and once I got good weeks I "let the big dog eat" and went a level of intensity harder, and kept humble and composed on off days.

I just did it for the fun, for the self satisfaction of having pushed myself whilst being realistic about what my body could handle.

Thats all there was too it; fun, mindset, and physicality.
Not getting greedy, getting hungry.

It annoyed me when guys started trying to over analyse it. You can't plan your progress, only plan your work ethic and approach.

I think that 6 months is the amount of time needed physically to surprise yourself, but, it obviously depends on what you are struggling with individually as to how long it takes you mentally (on top of your natural aptitude).

Loved your story, really cool stuff, thanks for sharing it.

Last edited:
G

Guest3722A

@SeanyHang Awesome story. Glad to hear that you didn't let the negative noise hold you back! And, that you can forgive and move forward in your life as best you can, within your personal circumstances! Good stuff

D

DeletedUser8

@SeanyHang Awesome story. Glad to hear that you didn't let the negative noise hold you back! And, that you can forgive and move forward in your life as best you can, within your personal circumstances! Good stuff

Out of curiosity, what % gain did you make today with heavy creatine dosing?

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I think I've put up 225 once in my life, and I know I didn't go down to my chest. Now after wrist injuries/shoulder injuries I feel like crap pushing the weight on any type of bench and it sucks..

What sucks is with injuries you a. have to start for the bottom, but b. not sure where you can go now, the mind places a limit since you're "worse" than before. I broke through with squats on what i could do pre injury starting with barely being able to do just the bar...but still, we know how important the mindset is when you're pushing that weight.

In any case I can't bench 225 right now but I can leap over garbage bins and dunk a small basketball, so there :D

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
I'm late to the thread, but how long it took me won't help you.

I don't know if it's been said, but sleep is as important to your goal as eating right and working out. The last time I hit the gym hard I took the time to ensure I got really good sleep. I put a ton of mass on my body and was able to bench 350 at the end of the bulk.

So. Sleep damnit.

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada
lets see if you guys are for real

225 LB BENCH PRESS CHALLANGE
Maximum Reps with 225 lbs on a flat bench, no pause

Ill go first, enjoy (29 reps)

Appreciate the video, all solid reps. Most guys at the gym I see who "lift" 2 plates do it with their a$$ halfway off the bench and the bar only gets within 6in of their chest. I use to do this too and you know what happens.. You never progress. Start over, drop the ego and get solid reps. You won't be sorry.

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
The thought of lifting anything after work disgusts me. Although I'm certain I can dead lift 250-300 because I do it with 2x8 walls every other day. Bench press Not so sure. I feel this would kill me.

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
Beach bodies don't come from big weights. Medium weight and slow burning tension creates physique. Big weights bring bulk and bulk requires your grocery bill to be astronomical. Something I learned from a great trainer. thought i would share

Alveko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 18, 2014
Beach bodies don't come from big weights. Medium weight and slow burning tension creates physique. Big weights bring bulk and bulk requires your grocery bill to be astronomical. Something I learned from a great trainer. thought i would share

Depends on what you mean with a 'beach body'. If you mean someone who looks like he barely lifts but has veins on some places and abs then yes, you won't need to reach heavy loads like 225lbs. You will do fine by getting advantage of the 'beginner gains' and gain some minimal mass by lifting mediocre weight.
However, it certainly doesn't mean you will get bulky from lifting heavier loads/big weights like your trainer states. Those guys on the covers of fitness magazines(not pro bodybuilding magazines) don't get their bodies by lifting 'medium weight' or some stuff like that. They train the same way pro bodybuilders do, although with more cardio and less juice.

If you want to have a physique that looks somewhat decent, even in shirts, you will need to train hard(by progessively overloading and not staying on medium weights) and eat clean in order to gain mass.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 18, 2013
New York
Took about a year to get to 225 back in 9th grade football. College I was putting up about 415. Now I'm 25 and not as serious in the gym as I was prior, so I've settled back down to the 300-315 range.

G

Guest3722A

Question to the doubters: Why do you think this is owed to you?

225 may seem heavy to many here but the reality is that for several others, its commonly the second set for folks who bench. For me, I would warm up with 2 wheels, and my second set would be 4 wheels (225) but then I would wuss out and only add 2 quarters, or 2 35s and then get 6 wheels for hopefully 1-3 solid reps for the 4th, and then add a couple partials on that set to build myself towards higher weight. But that's where I left off, only being 14 weeks in after recovering from surgeries. I also trained 6 days a week though, switching off between anaerobic and aerobic, and a cheat day.

YES I would dose heavy on creatine and eat 5-7 quality meals a day which included 1 portion of protein and one portion of (usually) a low gi carb, with veggies thrown in a couple times but I would also supplement with a micronized whey protein and/or an engineered meal replacement like a myoplex with hmb. And I'll admit it, I would also eat gummi bears after a heavy workout as a reward.

This was only 10 weeks ago, but I stopped because I was told I needed to have additional surgeries (that actually didn't occur due to unforeseen events like flooded hospitals and other odd things). BUT, I am at the point to where I am going to start lifting again. Because, F*ck the system. I'm careful and know how to lift with proper form and am aware of my current limitations. And the most important part - I'll get the surgeries on MY terms.

So, to those of you who think that you're owed something here, I've got a deal for you....

I will rep 225 for you IF YOU @joocenasty @jockinbox @Alveko @allthatjazz @eddiemunster (the selfie kid with the emotional issues) each provide value by each of you purchasing 5 of MJ's books, giving two to me from each of you, for which you will also pay for shipping (for me to pass out to whomever I want) and three to yourselves to pass out to friends/family members of yours who you know wouldn't waste them.

If you guys choose to take this deal, make your purchases through MJ or however he has purchasing set up, and we'll have Allen or MJ hold them -along with the shipping fees- until I complete this task, for you. The deal though, is these books have got to be new physical books, and NOT e books.

Otherwise, honestly, I don't see value in video taping myself just to prove something.

And by the way guys, this all in good fun. Nothing is meant as a negative or from a point of anger, or anything like that!

deal?

jockinbox

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 8, 2014
Miami, FL
Question to the doubters: Why do you think this is owed to you?

225 may seem heavy to many here but the reality is that for several others, its commonly the second set for folks who bench. For me, I would warm up with 2 wheels, and my second set would be 4 wheels (225) but then I would wuss out and only add 2 quarters, or 2 35s and then get 6 wheels for hopefully 1-3 solid reps for the 4th, and then add a couple partials on that set to build myself towards higher weight. But that's where I left off, only being 14 weeks in after recovering from surgeries. I also trained 6 days a week though, switching off between anaerobic and aerobic, and a cheat day.

YES I would dose heavy on creatine and eat 5-7 quality meals a day which included 1 portion of protein and one portion of (usually) a low gi carb, with veggies thrown in a couple times but I would also supplement with a micronized whey protein and/or an engineered meal replacement like a myoplex with hmb. And I'll admit it, I would also eat gummi bears after a heavy workout as a reward.

This was only 10 weeks ago, but I stopped because I was told I needed to have additional surgeries (that actually didn't occur due to unforeseen events like flooded hospitals and other odd things). BUT, I am at the point to where I am going to start lifting again. Because, F*ck the system. I'm careful and know how to lift with proper form and am aware of my current limitations. And the most important part - I'll get the surgeries on MY terms.

So, to those of you who think that you're owed something here, I've got a deal for you....

I will rep 225 for you IF YOU @joocenasty @jockinbox @Alveko @allthatjazz @eddiemunster (the selfie kid with the emotional issues) each provide value by each of you purchasing 5 of MJ's books, giving two to me from each of you, for which you will also pay for shipping (for me to pass out to whomever I want) and three to yourselves to pass out to friends/family members of yours who you know wouldn't waste them.

If you guys choose to take this deal, make your purchases through MJ or however he has purchasing set up, and we'll have Allen or MJ hold them -along with the shipping fees- until I complete this task, for you. The deal though, is these books have got to be new physical books, and NOT e books.

Otherwise, honestly, I don't see value in video taping myself just to prove something.

And by the way guys, this all in good fun. Nothing is meant as a negative or from a point of anger, or anything like that!

deal?

So let me get this straight, it's not a big deal but we should buy you 10 copies of TMF to watch you bench 225..hmm..

WOW WHERE DO I SIGN UP?!

jockinbox

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 8, 2014
Miami, FL

Read it again

my reading skills are intact

why do I care if you can bench 225?

I pressed it 29 times and I uploaded video proof above so you know im not some keyboard ranger

its very easy to say

"yeah it took me 6 months to bench 300lbs for 4 sets of 8"

not so easy to actually do it

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Guest3722A

Alright, one guy is out, would anyone else like to step up in his place? Remember this is about providing value to others.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
I've been lifting on and off for about 9 years now. Most recently I stopped lifting on a routine from January to June, and took about two months to get back to where I was back in December, bench press wise anyways. Can easily get it for 8 reps, the last two are hit or miss.

Alveko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 18, 2014
Well, i actually do believe most of the stats posted but i would say there are a handful that are quite fishy to say the least lol.
Could type out a lot of other stuff but I'll just leave this one right here... ;)

LOYD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Sep 10, 2013
Well this thread pretty much turned out as I expected lol.

Pissing contests aside, took me about 2 years. I started lifting at 18 when I bought my own weight set. I followed Joe Defranco's WS4SB and built some decent muscle.

Fast forward to today, I'm not as concerned about my lift numbers anymore. I focused almost entirely on lifting and my stats for the past 8 years. Now, I'm more focused on overall fitness. Upping my cardiovascular health, working on calisthenics, maintaining current strength levels, improving speed and agility, etc.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.