The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How legit is 'The $50 Billion Man' Dan Peña?

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
I was learning about sales before going to sleep last night and I saw an ad from this guy called Dan Peña so I clicked and watched and he is a very charismatic fellow who claims to be worth $50B (the value he's created through helping his mentees), he is very different from other gurus so it was 'refreshing' listening to him (hence why I am even more cautious). However there is very little about him online apart from his website and an interview he did with London Real.

Any fastlaners here aware of who he is and if his material is valuable (in terms of educating on how to grow business)?

And before anyone says, don't worry, I am 90% focused on growing my business practically (10% is absorbing material that might help me). I don't waste much time reading and listening on "how to get started", I'm just seeing if this guy is worth listening to because some of his ideas intrigue me but I'm not a successful fastlaner yet so I don't know if the ideas are right.

Thanks as always guys!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Apr 12, 2012
Any fastlaners here aware of who he is and if his material is valuable (in terms of educating on how to grow business)?
Dan Pena is all about external growth via acquiring and consolidating businesses. If you haven't build your own business and are looking to buy more businesses in the niche of your founded company most of his teachings will be not very relavant to you for now.

Stick to the Fastlane principles and build you first succesful business. After you have done that check out Dan Penas teachings if you want to.

Last edited:

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
Dan Pena is all about external growth via acquiring and consolidating businesses. If you haven't build your own business and are looking to buy more businesses in the niche of your founded company most of his teachings will be not very relavant to you for now.

Stick to the Fastlane principles and build you first succesful business. After you have done that check out Dan Penas teachings if you want to.
Treu, although you can learn from his mindset ;) There are some interviews of him on the London Real.

B V Marlon

Connecting Dots
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
Oct 29, 2016
UK
There isn't a lot about his business success online as most of it happened well before the internet, but I've not found anything yet to make me believe that it's a work of fiction. He appears to have had a lot of success stories as a mentor and I, for one, think he's great. He's the most un-guru-like 'guru' I've ever seen and I also appreciate his full on, no BS style.

He's made all of his material available, for free, online so it costs you nothing to check it out and see what it's about. As mentioned above, it's mostly about acquisitions and rolling-up, but in my mind time spent learning new things is never wasted. I've listened to several of his videos (I tend to have them on the background whilst doing other things) and felt it worthwhile.

All the materials can be found here.
DANIEL S. PEÑA - Dan Lok - Serial Entrepreneur - Millionaire Mentor

I've seen enough to think that his Guthrie Castle seminar would be a good investment, but it's out of my budget at the moment. I will get there though.

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
Dan Pena' style works because he has got an incredible character. watch any video on his youtube channel . the guy is screaming and insulting everything arround him

this is funny to watch. his determination is so strong that it stands at the edge of insanity.

how many guys on this forum are like him ? almost nobody.

the incredible hulk :

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxMYvPy8QwA

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
Read his book "Your First 100 Million"

It's an outline of his QLA program.

Though, some stories do appear exaggerated. Like fighting a buffalo and crawling on 1 leg, while having 1 shot left.

What script is he talking about?

It's a bunch of email, cold calling, and financing scripts to get started on his roll up strategy.

fishgodeep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
374%
Oct 11, 2015
Edmonton
Though, some stories do appear exaggerated. Like fighting a buffalo

Agreed, that story is preposterous. But he tells it with such passion. And you should never let the truth get in the way of a good story :rofl:.

He also did an interview on JRE

View: https://youtu.be/WoqIRSZ818M

As far as his business credentials go, I believe he made a lot of money from oil investments. He puts out good content packaged in way that quite frankly resonates with me much than others occupying the 'entrepreneurial mentor' space.

If nothing else you could learn a few things from him and he's hilarious.

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
What script is he talking about?

i don't know. i don't even understand all the things he says . english isn't my first language.

who cares, the point is that you have to make the rules.

the future is predictable : most people won't go anywhere because they play by the rules of the system

if you want to win in life you have to make your own rules.

from a strategic point of view, you are even above chess masters because you make the rules while chess players have to follow the fixed rules of chess.

this gives you unlimited power and you are the Grand Master of your own game.

people don't understand that there are not earth to be energy in a system : communism, capitalism, whatever

there are on earth to make their own system . only initiates can really understand what i say

Taebaek

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jan 13, 2019
Germany

MarkusAllen

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Dec 10, 2019
According to this YouTube video today, Dan is not even worth a few million dollars:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXcHiNaxEsI

Wow. Wow. Wow!

No... the body language analysis is not the smoking gun (for me)... but rather the net worth section starting at timestamp 16:45. The bottom line is Dan Pena is probably not even worth a few million. Heck, a minimum wage hamburger flipper can accumulate over a million over time.

I am always reminded that the bigger the lie, the more people are going to beLIEve it.

UPDATE: It looks like Dan is upset and will shut down his Reddit subreddit because this.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.