The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How junk food stopped my progress

Emperor7

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 15, 2023
I left my previous business to focus on a new one, I stopped all my addictions this year, started learning and working.
I thought it was only the addictions that caused low energy, brain fog and no motivation.
I started eating junk food with the excuse that there was no time to get healthy food and "it's just a reward for my hardwork this week"
But damn, did it hurt me...
  • I felt less motivated
  • I Procrastinated
  • I couldn't focus on my business
  • Even though, I worked out almost daily I was still unhealthy
  • I got sick 6times in three weeks
  • I lost interest in my business .
  • My anxiety, small hits of depression and doubts returned
This was exactly the same feeling I had during addictions, every day I doubted my decision to stop addictions..lol
What I learnt from this is....

* To make massive progress is to stop all vices, mindless social media use, junk food and all addictions..
You can't stay in the middle of it all and find "balance" as an entrepreneur because you need your focus, mental energy, health and mental clarity to make good decisions.

* Don't give your self cheat days until your goal has been achieved.

* As an entrepreneur your life is different, you are pursuing the "seemingly impossible" you need to do the opposite of what the masses are actively doing.

* Every addiction or bad habit is a slippery slope that leads to another.

Action plan: I am currently sick lol, going on a 7days water fast to restore mind and body to factory settings.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

RobbyMe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Feb 11, 2023
My experience is that if you spend time in
  • food
  • sport
  • meditation
  • sleep
this will give you more back than you spend.

You don't need a weekend or holiday if you're aware of your body and mental health.

A holiday could be good to see your life from a different perspective - then it will make something more straightforward.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
  • I felt less motivated
  • I Procrastinated
  • I couldn't focus on my business
  • Even though, I worked out almost daily I was still unhealthy
  • I got sick 6times in three weeks
  • I lost interest in my business .
  • My anxiety, small hits of depression and doubts returned
Personally I think this is bullshit. If you eat junk food you may feel worse, but it has nothing to do with motivation, procrastination, inability to focus, losing interest in business and anxiety.

I had periods when I ate only junk, and believe me, I was working F*cking 24/7 on my business. So this is an excuse. There are billionaires who are fat as pigs – how do you think they do it, by not eating junk? :rofl:

• Banned

Emperor7

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 15, 2023
Personally I think this is bullshit. If you eat junk food you may feel worse, but it has nothing to do with motivation, procrastination, inability to focus, losing interest in business and anxiety.

I had periods when I ate only junk, and believe me, I was working F*cking 24/7 on my business. So this is an excuse. There are billionaires who are fat as pigs – how do you think they do it, by not eating junk?
Yes, but....
When I stopped all vices, I took up eating to fill the "void"..
It started as a reward for hardwork..
Then it got frequent

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
You eat junk food to avoid the discomfort you’re feeling. Try not to cling to any vices when shit gets uncomfortable. Just sit down and feel it, you’re gonna be alright.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.