The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From Entrepreneur to Machine: Documenting my progress toward self-mastery

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

DistressedDenim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 10, 2018
US
I've come a long way in the past year, getting out of rehab only about a year ago today.

I've completely quit using all drugs and I'm building new habits. Before this year, my only habit was drugs, and I was in psychosis constantly.

So far, I've managed to:
-Testing my first few different 9-5 jobs ever so that I can finally test ideas with some income
-Make amends with everyone I know
-Get back on the Fastlane path, spending hours a day researching skills like SEO and web design, or taking actions such as cold-calling or building websites
-Land 5 clients in web design and SEO
-Rebuild my current website and get it back on the path to start ranking for its targeted keywords
-Completely quit drugs, and therefore get out of psychosis plus manage my bipolar disorder and anger issues
-Find a medicine that helps me with depression and mood swings
-Get mentally prepared to go back to college (after getting kicked out)

I plan on keeping the successes rolling in and watching my improvements exponentially increase as I stay away from substances, replacing my wasted time and brain cells with entrepreneurial pursuits.

I think the client I am soon to land will be a huge opportunity for me in SEO and I think that I'll be able to leverage my success after I show people what I do for them.

A few new habits I want to implement into my daily routine are exercise, learning to cook, learning to produce music, working more hours at my job, and taking college courses.

I'll probably post about once a week with a weekly recap of my successes and failures.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cyns

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 14, 2023
I plan on keeping the successes rolling in and watching my improvements exponentially increase as I stay away from substances, replacing my wasted time and brain cells with entrepreneurial pursuits.
Very inspiring post. Looking forward to following your journey. You're definitely on the right path!

DistressedDenim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 10, 2018
US
I have two clients I'm doing SEO work for at the moment but things are moving very slowly.

One of these clients I got from a referral.

I spend a lot of my time wishing these projects were moving faster, but there's nothing I can do to speed up the time it takes for my clients to respond, so I'm just stuck here waiting.

I wish I could spend that free time looking for new clients, but I don't know where to find new SEO clients anyway. It seems like referrals are the best bet.

Waiting on all of this to happen is like watching grass grow, except you don't really know if the grass will grow or just die.

Outside of business, I learned to cook chicken curry, I'm signing up for college courses and I'm freestyle rapping for about an hour a day. I still haven't built a routine for exercising, but that's probably just because I don't care enough.

I'm money-hungry. Everything else is just something I do on the side. If I knew how I'd be landing more clients instead of typing this.

I'm going to try running some local Google Ads about SEO and see if anyone uses my landing page to contact me. I feel like this will be a waste of money but it's worth a shot.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.