The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How I plan to die...

_RJ_

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 13, 2021
Hi everyone!

I recently turned 36 and I have just planned how I am going to die!

I plan to die from a wingsuit flying accident when I'm in my 80s.

This will hopefully be after I have already completed hundreds, if not thousands, of successful jumps, starting in my 70s. And based on the probability of wingsuiting fatalities, I will eventually meet my demise. Also, I do plan to share some videos of my jumps when I get started (Assuming this forum is still around in 34+ years).

Well, that's the plan for my last life. As for my other lives, I am still planning them, but the most important one I need to plan for is my next 5-10 years. This life will determine how possible the other lives are and whether I can leave my current life of mediocrity.

So I've been working as a software developer for about 15 years and I recently finished reading TMF , and MJ's other two books.

Before reading TMF , I was always spending my free time playing video games, watching movies and doing other mediocre activities.

Now I'm spending all of my free time working on an MVP for a business idea.

I'm also really surprised at the amount of self-control I suddenly have. For example, there is a video game I've wanted to play for so long called "The Last of Us Part II". I told a colleague a few weeks ago that I really wanted to play it but I didn't have a PS4. The next day he lends me one of his PS4 Pros with "The Last of Us Part II" and "Final fantasy VII Remake". I've really wanted to play these games for so long.

Well, it's been a few weeks now and I still haven't played them. I think there is a high chance I will be returning his PS4 without finding time to play these games.

So yeah, I hope to post an update on the outcome of my business venture in the next few months, success or failure :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
A really odd introduction. Is this a "planned accident?" Or some sort of vision or dream? Starting to fly wingsuits in your 70's is pretty unlikely unless you really take care of yourself and have some luck along the way.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Hi everyone!

This will hopefully be after I have already completed hundreds, if not thousands, of successful jumps, starting in my 70s. And based on the probability of wingsuiting fatalities, I will eventually meet my demise. Also, I do plan to share some videos of my jumps when I get started (Assuming this forum is still around in 34+ years).

Well, that's the plan for my last life. As for my other lives, I am still planning them, but the most important one I need to plan for is my next 5-10 years. This life will determine how possible the other lives are and whether I can leave my current life of mediocrity.

So I've been working as a software developer for about 15 years and I recently finished reading TMF , and MJ's other two books.

Before reading TMF , I was always spending my free time playing video games, watching movies and doing other mediocre activities.

I'm also really surprised at the amount of self-control I suddenly have. For example, there is a video game I've wanted to play for so long called "The Last of Us Part II". I told a colleague a few weeks ago that I really wanted to play it but I didn't have a PS4. The next day he lends me one of his PS4 Pros with "The Last of Us Part II" and "Final fantasy VII Remake". I've really wanted to play these games for so long.

Well, it's been a few weeks now and I still haven't played them. I think there is a high chance I will be returning his PS4 without finding time to play these games.

So yeah, I hope to post an update on the outcome of my business venture in the next few months, success or failure :)
Are you referring to Parallel Lives/World theory.
If so, your might as well just contact all versions of yourself all go sky diving and make a circle and parachute. No need to die. Just enjoy touching base with all the other versions of yourself and take notes. Maybe they'll give you the answers how to succeed instead of fail.

According to this video you can be both dead and alive at the same time.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTXTPe3wahc

Then you have to say that there are certain amount of versions of you that are failing and succeeding at the same time in business.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
A really odd introduction. Is this a "planned accident?" Or some sort of vision or dream? Starting to fly wingsuits in your 70's is pretty unlikely unless you really take care of yourself and have some luck along the way.
Well...Dan Pena in his 70s went for bungee-jumping...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L1jv2niSjU

I think OP is just about aiming to live life to the fullest haha.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
The clickbait value of the OP title is off the charts. Well done! Welcome to the forum.

I read your post similar to @ZF Lee - a message to live life to the fullest. If that's what you meant, then kudos.

On my bucket list is to run a marathon when I am 90 years old. The difference being is that I don't plan to die doing it. :hilarious:

By the way, the most exciting game there ever was and ever will be is entrepreneurship. Nothing compares to it! You may never go back to PS4/5 if you gain some success in business. Good luck.

Keep us posted on your progress. Share your knowledge.

marcuslim

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 1, 2021
Before reading TMF, I was always spending my free time playing video games, watching movies and doing other mediocre activities.

Same! I now have no time for video games. Movies are still ok, 2 hours for a movie each week and done.

BMT1987

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Feb 24, 2022
Hi @_RJ_ and welcome. You sound like you're in a similar boat to me except that I haven't anticipated going out of this world in a wingsuit. I figure I'm more likely to get raided by SWAT at 4:00AM for pissing off TPTB someday. lol

Anyway since you sound like you're in a similar situation as I am, I'd like to hear more about your progress. Do you have a progress thread I could post on?

_RJ_

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 13, 2021
I'm thinking more of an inevitable accident due to the risks of proximity flying. You do make a good point about it being unlikely if I try to start in my 70s.

Therefore, I'm now aiming to start in my 50s by jumping out of planes in a wingsuit. Then when I'm in my 80s I can start proximity flying by jumping out of a helicopter! :happy:

_RJ_

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 13, 2021
Anyway since you sound like you're in a similar situation as I am, I'd like to hear more about your progress. Do you have a progress thread I could post on?
I don't, do you want to create one? I'm not going to be posting updates very frequently.

nothingness

I make great coffee
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Mar 3, 2021
UK
Could very well be doing this at 70 with the correct genetics, exercise, diet (sirtuins and anti inflammatory), and supplements (like NMN). The sooner the better if that's your goal. Personally I plan to take the smith and wesson retirement plan ~60...I'm mid thirties now. I have no desire to be alive at 60+.

_RJ_

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 13, 2021
Update #1

Alright, time for my first update.

So the MVP I'm working on is a crypto gaming startup. And I definitely overestimated the amount of work involved. It's probably only 30% complete now, and I don't yet know if it's a product people want.

And I recently found an artist who's keen to jump on board later, however, the project has suddenly slowed right down.

The reason is I got headhunted. I'm joining a crypto gaming startup and I start next week.

This new job will be much harder and definitely outside my comfort zone. I'll probably have to put in overtime too, so I may have to put my own project on hold for now.

The good news is I'll be getting invaluable experience and there are tokens given to the team.

So right now I'm trying to hitchhike while gaining important experience in crypto gaming.

I'll let you know later how it goes!

BMT1987

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Feb 24, 2022
I don't, do you want to create one? I'm not going to be posting updates very frequently.
Mine is here if you're interested. This thread was originally seeking advice but it's probably going to turn into a progress thread.

BMT1987

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Feb 24, 2022
Update #1

Alright, time for my first update.

So the MVP I'm working on is a crypto gaming startup. And I definitely overestimated the amount of work involved. It's probably only 30% complete now, and I don't yet know if it's a product people want.

And I recently found an artist who's keen to jump on board later, however, the project has suddenly slowed right down.

The reason is I got headhunted. I'm joining a crypto gaming startup and I start next week.

This new job will be much harder and definitely outside my comfort zone. I'll probably have to put in overtime too, so I may have to put my own project on hold for now.

The good news is I'll be getting invaluable experience and there are tokens given to the team.

So right now I'm trying to hitchhike while gaining important experience in crypto gaming.

I'll let you know later how it goes!
You're attempting creating your own product that would be the same or very similar or very related to the new company you're currently working for??

Dude you gotta be careful with that. Pretty-much every technical person out there (stateside anyway; can't speak for countries that are outside of the USA) gets forced to sign a non-compete agreement, and creating a product based on an idea you had at your day-job (or could be seen as an idea you developed at your day-job) is often one of the ways to violate your non-compete.

Now, supposedly non-competes aren't truly enforceable (as per a friend of mine who owns his own recruiting company). However, if your employer has thousands or millions of dollars (plus lawyers) at their disposal, they'll crush you with litigation that you'll never be able to afford anyway, and thus you'll lose by default.

Now with regards to building out the product -- seriously focus on an MVP; emphasis on the "M" (Minimal). Read my progress thread for one of the mistakes I learned in hindsight. Essentially, build out your UI and BS the data strictly to create an MVP that you can show prospective clients to gauge their interest. If they're interested in the UI and whatnot you've shown them, then go to town on building out the remainder of the product. But don't spend a ton of time building out a full-fledge product when you're unsure of the market interest.

_RJ_

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 13, 2021
You're attempting creating your own product that would be the same or very similar or very related to the new company you're currently working for??

Dude you gotta be careful with that. Pretty-much every technical person out there (stateside anyway; can't speak for countries that are outside of the USA) gets forced to sign a non-compete agreement, and creating a product based on an idea you had at your day-job (or could be seen as an idea you developed at your day-job) is often one of the ways to violate your non-compete.

Now, supposedly non-competes aren't truly enforceable (as per a friend of mine who owns his own recruiting company). However, if your employer has thousands or millions of dollars (plus lawyers) at their disposal, they'll crush you with litigation that you'll never be able to afford anyway, and thus you'll lose by default.

Now with regards to building out the product -- seriously focus on an MVP; emphasis on the "M" (Minimal). Read my progress thread for one of the mistakes I learned in hindsight. Essentially, build out your UI and BS the data strictly to create an MVP that you can show prospective clients to gauge their interest. If they're interested in the UI and whatnot you've shown them, then go to town on building out the remainder of the product. But don't spend a ton of time building out a full-fledge product when you're unsure of the market interest.
That's a good point. I'm going to raise it with them when I start next week and see if I can continue working on it.

Hopefully, it won't be considered a competing product because I'm building something very niche that's quite different from what they're doing.

As for the MVP, you make a very good point. I spent a lot of time writing smart contracts when the game itself is the most important part at this stage. I should probably focus on getting the prototype of the game put on itch.io as fast as possible and then ask the artist to help polish it up and see people actually want to play it.

BMT1987

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Feb 24, 2022
That's a good point. I'm going to raise it with them when I start next week and see if I can continue working on it.

Hopefully, it won't be considered a competing product because I'm building something very niche that's quite different from what they're doing.

As for the MVP, you make a very good point. I spent a lot of time writing smart contracts when the game itself is the most important part at this stage. I should probably focus on getting the prototype of the game put on itch.io as fast as possible and then ask the artist to help polish it up and see people actually want to play it.
itch.io -- Never heard of that until now. That's pretty cool. Do you have an update regarding how your employer sees the situation??

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
Hi everyone!

So I've been working as a software developer for about 15 years and I recently finished reading TMF, and MJ's other two books.

Before reading TMF, I was always spending my free time playing video games, watching movies and doing other mediocre activities.

Good luck on the business! I hope I am so ballsy as to try something like Wingsuit flying in my 70s lol.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...