The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you make a plan when your ambition is to be GREAT in almost every area?

Anything related to matters of the mind

TREP

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Dec 25, 2012
Three areas I'm trying to focus on...

1) Relationships / Dating

As a 24 year-old adult man, this is IMMENSELY important in my books. If I lack in this area, I become lonely, miserable, and unhappy. I've recently been stepping up my "dating" game - going out and meeting girls, getting numbers, doing a lot of texting, planning & going on dates, etc. This is VERY exhausting and takes a lot of mental energy and time though.

My ambition:

I have ambitions to become extraordinarily good with women, pickup, and seduction. If I focused all my efforts into this area, I could probably yield A LOT more success. Thing is, full-time in this means a lack in other areas.

2) Health / Fitness / Beauty

I'm debating whether this area or Relationships/Dating is more important - but I'm going to gear more towards this. Health, fitness, and beauty - is #1. Without proper or good health, nothing else can be experienced. Good health gives you energy to do things. Beauty is a strong form of attraction and helps with your dating game, period. An attractive body gives you confidence - which again, CAN lead to a stronger dating game and healthier relationships.

I make it a habit to workout daily. My ambition is to get into the best shape. The biggest time sucks in this area are eating/prepping good & healthy food, and working out daily. That's not a huge time commitment for probably THE most important area of life, so I'm more than happy expending that time.

My ambition:

I have ambitions to build an extraordinary physique and gain lean muscle. Greek god / Brad Pitt / Bruce Lee, kind of physique. I'm not overweight or underweight - so this is definitely achievable for me; and I know I can achieve this in a relatively quick time if I focused more time into it.

3) Wealth / Business

This is the 3rd important area for me - but I'm starting to realize how important it is relative to other areas. Money alone doesn't bring happiness - but it allows you to do so much more things that can generate or lead to happiness.

My ambition:

I have ambitions to create my own startup, run my own businesses, and retire young. I've been entrepreneurial since I was 12 years old; have skills in product design, UX/UI & online marketing & hustle/execution - so this is definitely achievable for me and not out-of-stretch. Once again though...by focusing all my efforts into Wealth/Business, I start lacking in the other 2 areas. Not good at all.

Summary:

In a nutshell, I want to be in the best shape of my life, become a successful business/startup owner, and extraordinarily good with women. Is this possible?

My big question is...for those who are doing so successfully, how the hell are you managing a balance in these 3 areas? What everyday processes and/or routines make you effective in doing so?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
Yes, you can be at the top of your game in all these areas, but not the way you are going about it imho.

You say dating is a full time job? You are doing it wrong if it's taking that much work. Dating should be effortless. If you are trying too hard that's exactly how you will look to women... a try hard. I would put this at the bottom of the time commitments.

Working out. Why you working out everyday? Unless you are juicing hard your body doesn't need that much time in the gym. Why do you find meal prepping hard? That's just going to take practice tbh.

Business. My best peice of advice is to find out what your most productive time of day is. For me, late night is when all my ideas are flowing and I'm in a groove. Early in the morning I'm next to useless. So I get my other shit done in the morning and work double time at night. This is about efficiency.

Aside from all that, your goals seem pretty shallow and I think you will probably come to realise that as you approach achieving them. But I'm not here to judge, so crack on.

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
Periods of immersion and maintenance. When you are new to something, immerse yourself in it for 1-2 months to make the habit. Then maintain it. If one are starts to slip, then go back into immersion for a period of time

G

GuestUser450

Reverse the order and you're on the right track.

1. Focus on the business first, it opens lots of doors for lots of reasons.

2. Physique is mostly diet. 20 minutes of cardio on the morning, and moving some weight around a couple times/week is enough when you eat clean.

3. Successful guys who are healthy tend to be more self-confident which is 99% of being attractive. Ditch the PUA stuff-it works, but only on guys to get them to buy ebooks and courses - not anyone you'd want to spend time with.

Christopher777

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Jun 13, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Relationships / Dating

This takes time because you'll be out socializing. However, you can integrate this with the other two.

So you have three priorities. Depending on your goals, pick the one most important to you.

In my experience, I got the first one on your list totally handled. It took much of my time, and business wasn't really much on my mind back then. But I got it handled and the skillset is spilling over to the business aspect.

The thing is, we tend to get obsessed with our utmost priority and this takes from the others.

You can work on them every time the opportunity arises. They're synergistic.

The thing with money and dating is that their paradigms intersect, but the contexts that will be effective for one and the other contradict.

Here's what I mean. The mainstream belief is that you need to be successful in the area of money before you "deserve" the prettiest women. I have proven this totally inaccurate first-hand.

On the other hand, business opens up a lots possibilities and the skills needed to win are almost the same, in terms of confidence, social skills, persuasion, branding etc.

If you are younger, the ideal order is to handle dating first because it is more about developing yourself as an individual.

The time required is the only issue because mastery of dating is also a process. You need to evolve in order to become.

The best way I guess is to concurrently handle them in a synergistic way.

Becoming attractive is more about "a way of conducting yourself". So all you have to do is to organically allow yourself to evolve as you interact with people.

In my case, I can return to the dating world anytime. But right now, it's not my priority so i'm minimizing the time I spend on it. If I scatter my focus, it's going to take energy from all areas and that won't do. This kind of focus itself is my tangible evidence that you can do anything if you are focused enough.

I would have preferred to have handled business first, though in hindsight, I can see the pros and cons clearly now, so I wouldn't have it any other way.

What i'm pointing out is the difference between cultivating an internal asset and an external one. Successfully running businesses, I believe, is also a skill that can be learned so we can consider that an internal asset too.

This reminds me of Jim Rohn, where he said that you must become the person that achieves the kinds of goals you set, rather than simply working mechanically on achieving the goal.

Last edited:

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
I have a good balance between the three, it's not impossible to balance all three, but you won't master all three.

To master something you have to give it 100% of your time and focus. I will tell you now you don't need to master dating and fitness, it doesn't take that much time to be happy in those areas. I know guys that spend all there free time chasing girls, and empty meaningless sex will never equate to having a strong connection with 1 person. It doesn't take that much time to find a solid person, or if you swing that way, a few intimate people to keep you happy and satisfied.

Lets be conservative and say you sleep 8 hours a day. That still gives you 112 hours in a week to accomplish what you want to.

If you workout 2 hours a day, 3-4 days a week, that's more than enough to get in amazing shape. I hit the gym 3 times a week, rock climb 3 times a week, and do jujitsu 2 times a week all after work. This took a lot of building up to get to this level of activity, but I'm in the best shape of my life and this totals 16 hours of my time. Sometimes I also do yoga at the rock climbing facility, extra hour of my time.

For night life, I go out on Thursday nights and Saturday nights. This is usually from 10 pm till 2 am, 10 hours of my time. I meet girls doing my other activities listed above or if I'm feeling bold talk to interesting girls at coffee shops and go on dates. This used to total another 10 hours of my time, but I've been seeing this one girl lately and spending more time with her. I mainly go rock climbing or do yoga when I'm with her, but we do extra stuff so lets say 20 hours a week. Now we are at a total of 37 hours.

For my business, it varies depending on how much I want to work. I run two companies and generally 1 consumes much more time than the other, but I like to give myself 8 am-3 pm Mon-Sat to work on business. This equates to 42 hours of my time, most weeks it isn't this much, but lets be conservative.

This brings total time spent at 79 hours, leaving me with an extra 33 hours to throw in food, additional entertainment, and driving time. That's having 3 hobbies, hitting the gym 3 times a week, going out twice a week, working 6 full days on my business and a few date nights. I don't watch hardly any tv and don't play video games mind you. I'd rather go out and experience life.

Make a schedule and stick to it until it becomes routine. Everything I do I genuinely enjoy doing and I think that's the secret to happiness. Working on your vision, doing activities you love and having someone close to talk to.

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento
Three areas I'm trying to focus on...

1) Relationships / Dating

As a 24 year-old adult man, this is IMMENSELY important in my books. If I lack in this area, I become lonely, miserable, and unhappy. I've recently been stepping up my "dating" game - going out and meeting girls, getting numbers, doing a lot of texting, planning & going on dates, etc. This is VERY exhausting and takes a lot of mental energy and time though.

My ambition:

I have ambitions to become extraordinarily good with women, pickup, and seduction. If I focused all my efforts into this area, I could probably yield A LOT more success. Thing is, full-time in this means a lack in other areas.

2) Health / Fitness / Beauty

I'm debating whether this area or Relationships/Dating is more important - but I'm going to gear more towards this. Health, fitness, and beauty - is #1. Without proper or good health, nothing else can be experienced. Good health gives you energy to do things. Beauty is a strong form of attraction and helps with your dating game, period. An attractive body gives you confidence - which again, CAN lead to a stronger dating game and healthier relationships.

I make it a habit to workout daily. My ambition is to get into the best shape. The biggest time sucks in this area are eating/prepping good & healthy food, and working out daily. That's not a huge time commitment for probably THE most important area of life, so I'm more than happy expending that time.

My ambition:

I have ambitions to build an extraordinary physique and gain lean muscle. Greek god / Brad Pitt / Bruce Lee, kind of physique. I'm not overweight or underweight - so this is definitely achievable for me; and I know I can achieve this in a relatively quick time if I focused more time into it.

3) Wealth / Business

This is the 3rd important area for me - but I'm starting to realize how important it is relative to other areas. Money alone doesn't bring happiness - but it allows you to do so much more things that can generate or lead to happiness.

My ambition:

I have ambitions to create my own startup, run my own businesses, and retire young. I've been entrepreneurial since I was 12 years old; have skills in product design, UX/UI & online marketing & hustle/execution - so this is definitely achievable for me and not out-of-stretch. Once again though...by focusing all my efforts into Wealth/Business, I start lacking in the other 2 areas. Not good at all.

Summary:

In a nutshell, I want to be in the best shape of my life, become a successful business/startup owner, and extraordinarily good with women. Is this possible?

My big question is...for those who are doing so successfully, how the hell are you managing a balance in these 3 areas? What everyday processes and/or routines make you effective in doing so?

oh baby relax you dont need to prove yourself to anyone, you're good enough just how you are

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I like @Waspy's answer. I'll build on it a little.

You talk about being at the top of your game as if an insane amount of effort and time is put into all three areas. In truth, being the best at something is no larger task than being the worst at something. The difference is merely the sequence of actions we take in our lives which bring about a different result. If you want to be in shape, three times a week you would work out when you would otherwise be stagnant. You need to eat food anyways, you simply change what you eat to include healthier food. Read about the concept of "wu wei," which is essentially action without effort.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
What have you done until now? You are asking questions you don't need to be asking. You need to take action.

Here's a secret: it isn't hard to do all these three things, as long as you don't waste your time.

People say "it's hard" - these people spend their days doing nothing, then wonder where the day went.
I call bullshit. One hour is a shitload of time if you are doing what you need to do instead of daydreaming and touching your balls.

It's 12am here. I'm about to start my first workout of the day. You know how many things I did already today?

Listen to your friend Seneca:
It is not that we have a short time to live, but that we waste a lot of it. Life is long enough, and a sufficiently generous amount has been given to us for the highest achievements if it were all well invested. But when it is wasted in heedless luxury and spent on no good activity, we are forced at last by death’s final constraint to realize that it has passed away before we knew it was passing. So it is: we are not given a short life but we make it short, and we are not ill-supplied but wasteful of it… Life is long if you know how to use it.

Here's what you do:
  1. Make your list of things you have to do in the day (typically, previous evening).
  2. Track to the minute what you do. Task x: started time t1, ended time t2. Track especially if you take "breaks".
  3. Be horrified at how much time you waste in crap like "I dunno, like, uh, mmh, I was reading reddit?".
  4. Start coming up with strategies and techniques to squeeze everything you can out of your day.
Then here's what you do:
  1. Choose one of those things you want.
  2. Make a system for it. It will be bloated and inefficient.
  3. Start. Analyze results. Experiment. Realize 90% of your system is useless. Cut the fat out.
  4. When it becomes efficient and naturally part of your day, go back to 1 on the next thing.
PS: Most things you write in your post, you'll realize, are you don't actually want - they are just your ego trying to get recognition. That's fine.
As you make your systems your efficient, you'll realize the difference between what you actually want, and fantasies about who you would like to be. For example, why would you want to "become extraordinarily good with women, pickup, and seduction"? You want to get laid consistently with women you actually like spending time with. The rest is nonsense for dunces trying to look cool online.

Just used like 10 minutes on this. Gotta go.

Analyticz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2016
You got to set aside time in each area. Yes prioritise which is most important. Like Digamma was saying is that tracking can improve your results as it can focus your time so that each area is receiving ample amounts of time so that growth can be seen.

Have you thought about what 80% of activities will yield a tiny result? Cut those out and focus on the 20% if you are time strapped. Why not read over books by those that have achieved the results you want and see what they focused on...Like one of the other commentors said, diet is most of the battle in health/fitness. optimise this and you will accelerate the results.

Find those key points of leverage in the other areas and you can keep making incremental improvements in all those areas. Why not play the long term game?

cutthroughstatic

I Buy Cars
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
Mar 13, 2015
SoCal --> Richmond, VA
You lost me when I read that your ambition was to be immensely good with picking up women and the art of seduction. Sounds self interested and selfish. Automatic failure.

Your goals are wrong. No one cares what you want. Maybe you should take a look at your ambitions and rethink them and orient them in a way that's not so emotional and self-serving.

You may achieve your ambitions, but you'll feel pretty damn empty in the long run. Refocus your mind, man.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.