The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you keep cool under pressure?

Anything related to matters of the mind

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
So you hear about the greats like Rockefeller and Vanderbilt staying calm under immense pressure. How do they do it?

Whenever I feel stressed or something goes wrong, I become angry and agitated.

How do you keep cool during chaotic or stressful times? Is this something that can be learned?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
Orange County, California
So you hear about the greats like Rockefeller and Vanderbilt staying calm under immense pressure. How do they do it?

How do you keep cool during chaotic or stressful times? Is this something that can be learned?
Physically. Take deep relaxing breaths. Self talk.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
You can look up these Roman Stoic Folks: Marcus Aurelius, Julius Caesar, Seneca, Alexander the Great, Napoleon Bonaparte etc. You can definitely get inspired by them.

If you have Netflix, check out: Roman Empire TV Series. See those Stoic people and watch - what they do when things get facing problem & conflict

If you have an interest in book format way, check out Ryan Holiday Writer. He is the forte writer of Stoic Roman Era People

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

i think in my experience the more you face adversity, obstacles, opposition, you learn to just stay calm in the situation, problem shoot, and problem solve. I suppose you learn to let go of the dramatics, the hype, and learn to focus. Which comes with practice, practice, practice, and maturity.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
You can look up these Roman Stoic Folks: Marcus Aurelius, Julius Caesar, Seneca, Alexander the Great, Napoleon Bonaparte etc. You can definitely get inspired by them.

If you have Netflix, check out: Roman Empire TV Series. See those Stoic people and watch - what they do when things get facing problem & conflict

If you have an interest in book format way, check out Ryan Holiday Writer. He is the forte writer of Stoic Roman Era People
Ha ha! You can also learn from the television show MacGuyver.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England

Yes. It is one of the reasons you get shouted at non - stop when joining the military.

Non stop shouting and headless chickens transform into non - stop shouting and perfect drill working up to live fire exercise. Stay calm, stay focused on the job at hand.

When you are in a situation that increases your stress levels do as Rivoli says.

Don't rush in with your answer - that is like jumping in a raging torrent then the mental 'catch up' causes the clusterf**k

Deep breath, count to 10, assess the situation, come up with the plan/response and execute and adapt.

Try it next time you feel stressed in a situation where you have to think and act quickly.

As Mattie points out the collective experience will make it second nature.

Dan

PS: If a situation does not arise create one. ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.