The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

How do you keep cool under pressure?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 7, 2015
So you hear about the greats like Rockefeller and Vanderbilt staying calm under immense pressure. How do they do it?

Whenever I feel stressed or something goes wrong, I become angry and agitated.

How do you keep cool during chaotic or stressful times? Is this something that can be learned?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 4, 2018
Orange County, California
So you hear about the greats like Rockefeller and Vanderbilt staying calm under immense pressure. How do they do it?

How do you keep cool during chaotic or stressful times? Is this something that can be learned?
Physically. Take deep relaxing breaths. Self talk.

Ismails

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 7, 2019
You can look up these Roman Stoic Folks: Marcus Aurelius, Julius Caesar, Seneca, Alexander the Great, Napoleon Bonaparte etc. You can definitely get inspired by them.

If you have Netflix, check out: Roman Empire TV Series. See those Stoic people and watch - what they do when things get facing problem & conflict

If you have an interest in book format way, check out Ryan Holiday Writer. He is the forte writer of Stoic Roman Era People

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2014
Netherlands

i think in my experience the more you face adversity, obstacles, opposition, you learn to just stay calm in the situation, problem shoot, and problem solve. I suppose you learn to let go of the dramatics, the hype, and learn to focus. Which comes with practice, practice, practice, and maturity.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2014
Netherlands
You can look up these Roman Stoic Folks: Marcus Aurelius, Julius Caesar, Seneca, Alexander the Great, Napoleon Bonaparte etc. You can definitely get inspired by them.

If you have Netflix, check out: Roman Empire TV Series. See those Stoic people and watch - what they do when things get facing problem & conflict

If you have an interest in book format way, check out Ryan Holiday Writer. He is the forte writer of Stoic Roman Era People
Ha ha! You can also learn from the television show MacGuyver.

Stargazer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 8, 2018
England

Yes. It is one of the reasons you get shouted at non - stop when joining the military.

Non stop shouting and headless chickens transform into non - stop shouting and perfect drill working up to live fire exercise. Stay calm, stay focused on the job at hand.

When you are in a situation that increases your stress levels do as Rivoli says.

Don't rush in with your answer - that is like jumping in a raging torrent then the mental 'catch up' causes the clusterf**k

Deep breath, count to 10, assess the situation, come up with the plan/response and execute and adapt.

Try it next time you feel stressed in a situation where you have to think and act quickly.

As Mattie points out the collective experience will make it second nature.

Dan

PS: If a situation does not arise create one. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Just had a personal highlight of the program so far - @GuitarManDan gave a one hour Zoom talk on...
MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
While this is a marketplace post marking the re-launch of my popular course “5-Steps to Create a...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
Received, and I replied ;) Hope you will take out more protegesss soon ;)
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock