The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I write the first letter with an offer to be a reseller?

Anything related to sourcing or importing products.

StannisB

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 12, 2021
Hi guys,

I’m nothing, but a young seedling looking to break out through the hardships of starting your own business and blossom like a sunflower. Why a sunflower you ask? Well, I’m raised by a single mother that has done her best to raise a bum like me. She never stopped smiling working 2 jobs at times, even when I knew it was hard, she always encouraged me to be a giving person. Kindness is the quality of the strong, is what I learned from my mother.

Honestly, I am aware that I am in fact still weak and dumb, but I am working to change that. I read for about 2h daily and do research, but I’m lacking experience. It’s difficult, however I am determined to try and I won’t quit until my mom can finally rest. I need some help though.

Currently I am an exchange student in China, working part times and saving as much as possible.

After living like a Spartan for a long while and looking for opportunities, making connections- I finally made a friend in China that introduced me to an ”online store business model”. She Is selling mostly clothes through different apps , takes pictures by herself, online marketing, all that to run an online store. We live in different cities far away from each other, but I do still get some advice.

I’m currently looking to set up my own online store selling some clothes. I have already found the brands that I want to sell. Most of them are small local brands in the west. There is a demand in China and a huge potential. I did some research on marketing, checked a good camera for pictures, models, taxes, import/export, strategy and more. I now at the first and most vital step. If I can’t the companies to cooperate with me and give me a good price, its all pointless.

I want to email the companies asking for partnership, to be an official reseller. I am not sure how should I write that first letter. Should it be personal or professional. Should I register a company and write from a company’s name? Should I be honest and say that am a beginner or ask someone experienced to be a part of the deal? I saved around 10k USD so I can’t make to big of a offer at the start. I do realize that companies want to make money, that friend informed me that she did approach with request to resell and most of these companies that just ignored her. They don’t however have any official store in China, only small resellers there and there.

If you read so far, thank you. I appreciate any solid advice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Hi guys,

I’m nothing, but a young seedling looking to break out through the hardships of starting your own business and blossom like a sunflower. Why a sunflower you ask? Well, I’m raised by a single mother that has done her best to raise a bum like me. She never stopped smiling working 2 jobs at times, even when I knew it was hard, she always encouraged me to be a giving person. Kindness is the quality of the strong, is what I learned from my mother.

Honestly, I am aware that I am in fact still weak and dumb, but I am working to change that. I read for about 2h daily and do research, but I’m lacking experience. It’s difficult, however I am determined to try and I won’t quit until my mom can finally rest. I need some help though.

Currently I am an exchange student in China, working part times and saving as much as possible.

After living like a Spartan for a long while and looking for opportunities, making connections- I finally made a friend in China that introduced me to an ”online store business model”. She Is selling mostly clothes through different apps , takes pictures by herself, online marketing, all that to run an online store. We live in different cities far away from each other, but I do still get some advice.

I’m currently looking to set up my own online store selling some clothes. I have already found the brands that I want to sell. Most of them are small local brands in the west. There is a demand in China and a huge potential. I did some research on marketing, checked a good camera for pictures, models, taxes, import/export, strategy and more. I now at the first and most vital step. If I can’t the companies to cooperate with me and give me a good price, its all pointless.

I want to email the companies asking for partnership, to be an official reseller. I am not sure how should I write that first letter. Should it be personal or professional. Should I register a company and write from a company’s name? Should I be honest and say that am a beginner or ask someone experienced to be a part of the deal? I saved around 10k USD so I can’t make to big of a offer at the start. I do realize that companies want to make money, that friend informed me that she did approach with request to resell and most of these companies that just ignored her. They don’t however have any official store in China, only small resellers there and there.

If you read so far, thank you. I appreciate any solid advice.
Just to let you know, we all started as bums. Don't degrade yourself.

I can't help you with this query but @Walter Hay might be the person that can help you. Or someone from the shadows.

StannisB

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 12, 2021
Just to let you know, we all started as bums. Don't degrade yourself.

I can't help you with this query but @Walter Hay might be the person that can help you. Or someone from the shadows.
Thank you for the words of support. I will do my best to change. I want to be better.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.