The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I start selling?

Halli

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jun 18, 2009
London,UK

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
It takes a bit of studying to learn this. But it gets easier when you start. Here's a video that should explain some of the process.

Niche Site Duel #001 - How To Find Profitable Niche Markets & Outsource It - YouTube

Thank you. I watched it. I did learn how to find a niche. Which is awesome.
I also checked out the warriorforum a bit. We are not alone in the 'getting rich quickly by finding a niche' haha
Isn't this is MJs book, if everybody is going one route, go the other?
so maybe the internet is not the place at the moment?

I see the internet as a marketing tool. Not sure how its going to work as a company. That is my aim.

Halli

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jun 18, 2009
London,UK
Thank you. I watched it. I did learn how to find a niche. Which is awesome.
I also checked out the warriorforum a bit. We are not alone in the 'getting rich quickly by finding a niche' haha
Isn't this is MJs book, if everybody is going one route, go the other?
so maybe the internet is not the place at the moment?

I see the internet as a marketing tool. Not sure how its going to work as a company. That is my aim.

If you're going to wait for the right moment, you will spend your whole life waiting. The internet can be a marketing tool, company and much much more. Like I said. Don't overthink it. Besides, if you start some kind of B&M company then you'll have all the skills to use the internet as a marketing tool. And yes the warrior forum is good too. But you have to be careful. It's easy being the person that reads EVERYTHING about every single thing and over analyze everything they read.. But the problem is that those person spend all the time reading info and learning about other things and the next new thing that they never take any ACTION. Don't be that person.

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
Thank you for the advice.W
Warrior forum seemed to me like a bunch of people looking for a quick buck, I am not that person.
I am working with the E myth, primary aim etc etc
Just writing it all out.
ordered mastery, was only 16$

Since I still have no idea about a niche, what I want to do etc I am just going to do what I can do. Studying hard for college, learning to build websites because I started it, not going to end that since I bought dreamweaver. Investment of 160 that either ends up being something that meant something in the end, or just 160 wasted.. I am also going to organize my home better, and get a nice whiteboard. I love mindmaps.

That is all I can do at the moment, I think.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NJDonny89

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 2, 2012
NJ
MJ sums it up real well in his book. A lot of people are claiming that they are making a ton of money through affiliate marketing, and on WF a good amount of it is just hogwash to propel their one time offers which will make them money. I find that this forum is much more trustworthy but I do look at both.

I'm really just starting out right now. I'm doing a combination of affiliate marketing and craiglist buying and selling with tips from RyanDrake's thread. There is a lot to learn so the best thing to do is start reading and focus on one skill that you can monetize. For example, I'm working on learning SEO and using that as a means to fund my fastlane business. SEO is a little bit complicated, and I have even asked a couple forum members for help here in exchange for articles or backlinking (I always want to try and offer them something in return). Also, if I had never read MF I would never have found a job as an SEO analyst where I can learn the skills from the best.

There are a multitude of skills that you can learn: copywriting, graphics, backlinking, SEO on-page optimization, HTML coding, CSS coding, article writing, etc..

Finally, like Rickson said, a sale job is definitely a great start. Door2Door will really test you :) I don't take any job unless I have some kind of commission or bonus that can show my real worth.

Halli

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jun 18, 2009
London,UK
I am also going to organize my home better, and get a nice whiteboard. I love mindmaps.

That is all I can do at the moment, I think.

A map is just a map. Unless you take it into action. You can do all the planning in the world but it won't help unless action is taken.

Atom

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 8, 2011
"Never confuse motion with action."
- Benjamin Franklin, (possibly misattributed but nevertheless relevant)

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
He guys, I have given it a lot of thought and here is my conclusion;

Skys blog

Thank you all for all the advice in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DeletedUser394

Skimmed the blog post. Lots of defeatist-esque attitude.

'But, if only, yet I can't, etc etc'.

If you can't do it man, you're right. Good luck. i have a feeling you'll be back, so update us on your progress if you have any in the future. Would be epic if you can turn it around.

Also finding the right people to listen to on this forum isn't a problem... that's the whole reason for the speed (or 'reputation') scale.

Would I take advice from someone with 400 posts but no speed? Probably not.

Since you can't figure out who's advice to listen to, Here's a list of names to search for (for anyone and everyone that wants to know who's posts to pay special attention to) There are plenty more, but these users are the most established on the forum:

MJ DeMarco
Peter2
Russ H
Jonleehacker
AroundTheWorld
Runum
andviv
JScott
yveskleinsky
biophase
mtnman
SteveO
bflbob
Bilgefisher
LightHouse
snowbank
phlgirl
Jill
kurtyordy
GlobalWealth

Now, how long did it take me to compile this list? 15 seconds, it's available right on the front page. Simple copy, paste, post.

The answers to anything and everything are out there people. You just got to get out there and grab it.

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
I had no idea the speed and number of posts where a seperated thing. Thank you.
I am not sure how you can read negativity in my blog post since I have a pretty clear idea how I want to do things. Its probably because you skimmed it.

And yes, like I said, I will not leave this forum. I just don't want to spend to much time asking questions without even knowing where I am really looking for myself.
I need to get that clear.

I asked in this thread about how I learn to sell and got some great responses, but I am not even sure if I want to enter the selling business. I don't want to waste peoples time on this forum, and that is what I am doing if I am asking questions without knowing what my goal really is.

I know at this point I want to be my own boss. I know I have to work on my mindset and I need to work with and on my creativity. I found some awesome links to articles and great books in the book sector on this forum and that is the action I am going to take know: Being patient, reading and getting my knowledge straight.

Thank you Ryan.

mmtprofile

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 21, 2011
I stepped up. I decided to never be the slave of a big company ever.
I took action, and my first ideas where to become a designer of websites, so I could build a website that brings something new to the www. Bringing in money with advertisement.

I realise now it's probably a very long road and I also think everybody is already trying that. Also people with a lot more skill then me.

I don't know what kind of business I want because I dont have a good idea of what people need and how I can make it scalabel.

I tried a number of online businesses before this one. I hated each of them. I took an inventory of every marketing component and began to find outsourcers for them. I also decided that I would never quit this business until I make it work or I die. I am very serious about this point because I absolutely love what I am doing now.

I want to suggest for you to find out what you love and create a business around who you are so it is just an extension of you.

I am putting together a "Passion to Profits" workbook thing this week.

It's a compilation of the most effective things that have worked for me.

I'll give it to you for free :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.