The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I provide value and get into the fastlane with no skills or money to invest?

joaodoghetto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 21, 2019
Hey!

Im 15yo (which means I cant get a job yet) and I want to get into the fastlane, I dont want to grow up and work a 9-5 to job (even though it will be in a area i like, software engineering)

I want to get into the fastlane and provide value Uand make money). But the problem is that I got 0 skills. And 0 money.The only skills I can say I have is that Im pretty great with computers and Im trilingual (but i cant monetize it because i hate translating stuff)

I've tought of reselling fiverr services and profit from that but i dont really know if i should do that :/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
For starters, quit talking about what you don't want to do and what you don't have. Move in the direction of what you do want and what interests you. That is how you will learn. People don't start with skills. They must be learned and earned.

joaodoghetto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 21, 2019
For starters, quit talking about what you don't want to do. Move in the direction of what you do want and what interests you. That is how you will learn. People don't start with skills. They must be learned and earned.
Should I learn programming then? Im really into that

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Should I learn programming then? Im really into that
Programming could be one small piece of the puzzle. It is a big world out there. Programming could help with some aspects. It is a valuable skill but the actual efforts to build a business would be a greater learning.

You talked about doing something with fiverr. Why not try that out? That would be a step toward learning what goes into building a business.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
First up, welcome to the forum. You'll find this place is full great people and knowledge to share. 15 is not too young to get a job. I grew up in the US and had at least four jobs by the time I was 15. At 15 I was washing dishes in a restaurant earning money for things I wanted because my parents couldn't afford them. Dad was more than happy to sign up giving me permission work "under age".

I agree with SteveO. Stop focusing on what you can't do. I'd add to that, don't waste time trying to find "the right thing to do". Get out there and try things. Every time you put yourself out there you will gain valuable experiences.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Question: No one is born with any "skills" so how did they acquire them?

A visit from a fairy in the middle of the night?

ds_groundupbiz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 9, 2018
Houston, TX
If I were your age, I would be reading all the business and marketing books I could find (recommended by reputable people you look up to or respect).

I believe developing your own "skill" or "set of skills" will help you establish value for our economy. Do some research on what problems people are running into, create a solution, and test it in the real world.

Last but not least, read The Millionaire Fastlane and apply what you have learned. Then re-read the book, and apply. Then repeat. & again... & again :)

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
I think it was MJ who said failure is the sweat of success.

A beginner is like a fat guy who wants a six pack. The fat guy better get sweaty!

Walk before you sprint. Don’t care about others judging you. They’re passing in another direction.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.