The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

How do I provide value and get into the fastlane with no skills or money to invest?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

joaodoghetto

New Contributor
Apr 21, 2019
Hey!

Im 15yo (which means I cant get a job yet) and I want to get into the fastlane, I dont want to grow up and work a 9-5 to job (even though it will be in a area i like, software engineering)

I want to get into the fastlane and provide value Uand make money). But the problem is that I got 0 skills. And 0 money.The only skills I can say I have is that Im pretty great with computers and Im trilingual (but i cant monetize it because i hate translating stuff)

I've tought of reselling fiverr services and profit from that but i dont really know if i should do that :/

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2007
For starters, quit talking about what you don't want to do and what you don't have. Move in the direction of what you do want and what interests you. That is how you will learn. People don't start with skills. They must be learned and earned.

OP
OP
J

joaodoghetto

New Contributor
Apr 21, 2019
For starters, quit talking about what you don't want to do. Move in the direction of what you do want and what interests you. That is how you will learn. People don't start with skills. They must be learned and earned.
Should I learn programming then? Im really into that

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2007
Should I learn programming then? Im really into that
Programming could be one small piece of the puzzle. It is a big world out there. Programming could help with some aspects. It is a valuable skill but the actual efforts to build a business would be a greater learning.

You talked about doing something with fiverr. Why not try that out? That would be a step toward learning what goes into building a business.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
First up, welcome to the forum. You'll find this place is full great people and knowledge to share. 15 is not too young to get a job. I grew up in the US and had at least four jobs by the time I was 15. At 15 I was washing dishes in a restaurant earning money for things I wanted because my parents couldn't afford them. Dad was more than happy to sign up giving me permission work "under age".

I agree with SteveO. Stop focusing on what you can't do. I'd add to that, don't waste time trying to find "the right thing to do". Get out there and try things. Every time you put yourself out there you will gain valuable experiences.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Question: No one is born with any "skills" so how did they acquire them?

A visit from a fairy in the middle of the night?

Dmoneyzzz

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 9, 2018
Houston, TX
If I were your age, I would be reading all the business and marketing books I could find (recommended by reputable people you look up to or respect).

I believe developing your own "skill" or "set of skills" will help you establish value for our economy. Do some research on what problems people are running into, create a solution, and test it in the real world.

Last but not least, read The Millionaire Fastlane and apply what you have learned. Then re-read the book, and apply. Then repeat. & again... & again :)

Process

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
I think it was MJ who said failure is the sweat of success.

A beginner is like a fat guy who wants a six pack. The fat guy better get sweaty!

Walk before you sprint. Don’t care about others judging you. They’re passing in another direction.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
For those with the "can web design be Fastlane" question this video by @MJ DeMarco is a great...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom