The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I monitor Stripe payments?

Fr33zerPop

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jan 14, 2020
Portland, Oregon, USA
Hi there. I'm setting up my first Stripe-incorporated site for a restaurant, and intending to charge them a percentage of sales. I'm not quite sure how to monitor all those transactions so I can simply bill them each month. Or can I (should I) go even one step further and have my fees automatically deducted?

It seems like if I "own" the Stripe account, I'd have access, but I'm not really sure if that's the right way to set this up. Stripe has a lot of documentation, but I'm looking for more of "best practices" advice since this is my first web site that utilizes online transactions.

Can someone point me to the correct resources that will help me learn? Thanks for your help!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
Hi there. I'm setting up my first Stripe-incorporated site for a restaurant, and intending to charge them a percentage of sales. I'm not quite sure how to monitor all those transactions so I can simply bill them each month. Or can I (should I) go even one step further and have my fees automatically deducted?

It seems like if I "own" the Stripe account, I'd have access, but I'm not really sure if that's the right way to set this up. Stripe has a lot of documentation, but I'm looking for more of "best practices" advice since this is my first web site that utilizes online transactions.

Can someone point me to the correct resources that will help me learn? Thanks for your help!
Use Stripe Connect. I use it and it works great. This way you don't have to wait for them to pay the invoice.

It is more complex to set up. The easiest way is to run a report at the end of the month and bill them. This can be automated with Integromat or Zapier.

Fr33zerPop

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jan 14, 2020
Portland, Oregon, USA
Use Stripe Connect. I use it and it works great. This way you don't have to wait for them to pay the invoice.

It is more complex to set up. The easiest way is to run a report at the end of the month and bill them. This can be automated with Integromat or Zapier.

Thanks!
So I'm looking into Stripe Connect now, which looks perfect. Because this is a payment made from a customer to the restaurant (on the site I own), I'm understanding that this will be my Stripe connect account, but the payment info will be accounting/routing numbers for the restaurant directly. I don't want to manage their money for them. ...so that leads to the question--Will setting it up this way lead to me being on the hook for all of their online payment management, including disputes/chargebacks? I'm hoping for a solution that will let them be responsible for all of the payment processing, but allows me to audit the activity for billing purposes. Can I have my cake and eat it too?
(Thanks for the insight. I have a lot of learning to do, so I'm not looking for you to solve everything for me, but I certainly appreciate people that say, "Oh, yeah. We've done that. Run this direction..." )

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
Thanks!
So I'm looking into Stripe Connect now, which looks perfect. Because this is a payment made from a customer to the restaurant (on the site I own), I'm understanding that this will be my Stripe connect account, but the payment info will be accounting/routing numbers for the restaurant directly. I don't want to manage their money for them. ...so that leads to the question--Will setting it up this way lead to me being on the hook for all of their online payment management, including disputes/chargebacks? I'm hoping for a solution that will let them be responsible for all of the payment processing, but allows me to audit the activity for billing purposes. Can I have my cake and eat it too?
(Thanks for the insight. I have a lot of learning to do, so I'm not looking for you to solve everything for me, but I certainly appreciate people that say, "Oh, yeah. We've done that. Run this direction..." )
Your money is your money, their money is their money. Stripe disperses it. They have their own Stripe account so they do their own refunds etc.

They can do this from their Stripe dash or you can code your own.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.