The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

how do I keep myself motivated when...

Anything related to matters of the mind

dankoIE

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 18, 2018
Milan
Hi guys,
my question is how do I keep myself motivated when I don't know yet how to reach my goal?

I do my morning routine,
I do the affirmations, visualizations... I do study, I think I will reach my goal (5000 euro for month of passive income) through real estate, but I don't know yeat HOW.
Because for now my mind cannot see a way to reach that in 3 years...
keep working on it..

Any advises?

thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Aurelius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 1, 2019
I don’t see motivation at the core of success. Motivation is very fluctuating throughout one’s life, which makes us unstable. Discipline is at the very core of success. I guess that having a real emotion-based motivation could help, but not for long. Discipline is the only way you can achieve what you want in life, no matter your mood, or your motivation. Try to “make your bed before trying to achieve great things”

Good luck!

dankoIE

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 18, 2018
Milan
Thanks for the advise...
I meant how do I know someday I will know for sure that it will possible..?
it is something new in my mind...I do everything i need (discipline) but for now my mind does not know how to make it happens.

Aurelius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 1, 2019
Thanks for the advise...
I meant how do I know someday I will know for sure that it will possible..?
it is something new in my mind...I do everything i need (discipline) but for now my mind does not know how to make it happens.

You are the master of your own destiny. You are in control of your life if you let it to. Getting the discipline will allow you to take the commands of your own life. You have to believe and do everything in order to achieve your goals.

With those tools in your possession, everything is possible

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
have you made a plan? how will you make 5000€ with real estate?

you must know HOW. if you know HOW. you can follow your steps... motivation will come and go - and it will come if you are successful - and go if there is a setback - but you should go on towards your goal. but if you only have a goal (5000€...) but no plan that will be quite hard.

Ouhsnap

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 11, 2019
I think the key to staying motivated is to break down big goals into small goals, and celebrate when you achieve those small goals. Just having a big goal can seem like it’s too far away or impossible to achieve.
I suggest you make a plan. As soon as you get the day started, make a list of things you want to accomplish before you go to bed. Set attainable goals. Get out of your comfort zone.

I always follow this quote… ‘Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly.’ – Stephen R. Covey

mongoose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Sep 29, 2018
Have you read "Think and Grow Rich"? It deals concretely with your problem of having a desire but no plan.
Start with writing down your plan, no matter how "pathetic" it may seem at first. And then read it every day.

For Example:
My Plan is to make 5000€ monthly through real estate by reading and studying about real estate intensely. I will affirm my intention daily and visualize in great clarity how it feels to achieve my goal. Step by step i will upgrade my strategy till i know exactly what i got to do. I will execute my ideas ruthlessly and efficient.

Another good idea is to contemplate the question "How will i make 500€ monthly through real estate" every day for 10 minutes.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Focus on 1 Goal for next 1 Q: 90 days/3 months/12 weeks and see what happens!

Goal has to be measurable based on number or timeline, not words.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
You are focused on the end goal. That's good. Nothing wrong with beginning with the end in mind.

A lot of people think you have to have the whole plan before you can move forward. But the journey of 1,000 miles begins with the first step.

Stay motivated by asking yourself every day, "what can I do today to get one step closer to my goal?"

Maybe that's reading. Maybe that's attending an event. Maybe that's discussing your dream with others who've done it. Ask yourself how you can provide value to them, so that perhaps they will be interested in mentoring you.

Personally, if this was my goal, I'd focus on increasing my revenue and decreasing my expenses. So, what can I do to get a raise, or get a better paying job? Am I improving my skills enough there so I can be rewarded with more money later? I'd probably be focused on my credit situation, since I'll likely be borrowing money at some point. I might take up carpentry/plumbing/electrical work as a hobby/side hustle/main job so I can fix up the RE I purchase.

If you keep focusing on getting one step closer to your goal, pretty soon you'll realize you got two or three steps closer to your goal that day. In time, you'll be running towards your goal and you won't be worried about "what you need to do" or how to stay motivated.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Break it down into a daily task. 3 years is going to pass anyway, so you might as well take baby steps that will help you progress closer to your goal over that time.

Shahadar Hussain

New Contributor
Apr 9, 2019
Dhaka, Bangladesh
One of the biggest challenges in meeting any goal, whether it be related to productivity, waking early, changing a habit, exercising, or just becoming happier, is finding the motivation to stick with it.
If you can stick with a goal for long enough, you’ll almost always get there eventually. So, you have set your goal first. Then you will get auto motivated by yourself.

The difference between people who are motivated and people who are not motivated is that motivated people find a way to reprogram their brain for abundant, positive thinking. Even then, they still feel negative emotion, it’s just that they act anyway.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Hi guys,
my question is how do I keep myself motivated when I don't know yet how to reach my goal?

I do my morning routine,
I do the affirmations, visualizations... I do study, I think I will reach my goal (5000 euro for month of passive income) through real estate, but I don't know yeat HOW.
Because for now my mind cannot see a way to reach that in 3 years...
keep working on it..

Any advises?

thanks

do you have a business? Or a business idea? Anything that you are actively working on?

if you don’t have a What, then you probably don’t have a Why, and without either of those, or a plan to figure them out, there’s almost nothing to be motivated about.

it’s hard to get motivated about doing nothing.

You say your goal is “achieve 5000 passive income through real estate”.

My question for you is Why?

SeanODG

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 6, 2019
Chicago
I think writing your goals down every morning could help. I've written my goals down every morning as soon as I wake up for close to a decade now and it is motivating at hell!

I'm not kidding, I feel physical pain and depression if I'm not working towards my goals. Writing them down every day makes them such an integral part to who I am.

That way, if I'm not working towards my goals, I feel like I'm not being true to myself.

It really works

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.