The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

evansste

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 25, 2023
I'm on a tight budget, and am interested in renting cheap office space. The internet is filled with resources that allow people to find class "A" office space. This is the flashy, expensive office space that is found in high-rise, glass buildings, with modern decorum. It's the type that advanced businesses use, in order to impress clients. It's not what I'm looking for.

I don't need anything fancy. I'm looking for class "C" office space. This is the cheap office space that is found in older buildings. I'm not trying to impress clients. I just want a private place to work. I want to work in a simple building that has basic amenities -- like restrooms and janitorial services.

How do I locate resources that will help me find a class "C" office space? Because the term exists, I have to believe that these type of offices are out there. How do I find them?

Thanks, so much, for taking the time to read my post. Any information that anyone is able/willing to provide, is greatly appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018
Where are you based?

Class C has the highest vacancy. Plenty of news about big institutions having real trouble with this asset = good news for you! You can find it and get a great deal on the lease.

Typically, you engage a broker from a Colliers, JLL, CBRE etc leasing team. Then they give you all the options for your area.

evansste

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 25, 2023
Where are you based?

Class C has the highest vacancy. Plenty of news about big institutions having real trouble with this asset = good news for you! You can find it and get a great deal on the lease.

Typically, you engage a broker from a Colliers, JLL, CBRE etc leasing team. Then they give you all the options for your area.
Thanks for this speedy response! I'm based in Kalamazoo, Michigan.

I, also, want to thank you for the list of leasing teams. I'll reach out to one of them, and will, hopefully, be able to find something.

This information is extremely helpful. Thank you.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
wait till this dude hears about coworking spaces.

I have like 5 entities that are at a coworking space nearby.

It's our head office for the company.

Gets all of our mail.

Security card to get in.

Worked for us getting an EIN, bank account, listed as the physical address, business licenses, etc.

It's 24/7, super cool building probably like 8k square feet or something and like 15 foot ceilings, can have a bigger office full of workers if need to add more people to our team, is never busy, usually just the front desk lady and like 2 other people there at any one time, can host events there.

It's like $180 a month. Total.

Why the F*ck would anyone on a budget get a whole a$$ office rented just for a place to work. Find a cheap cool place like this and it will do everything you need a normal office to do.

IMG_0092-scaled.jpg

main.jpg

savefox

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jun 15, 2022

Gets all of our mail.

Security card to get in.

Worked for us getting an EIN, bank account, listed as the physical address, business licenses, etc.

It's 24/7, super cool building probably like 8k square feet or something and like 15 foot ceilings, can have a bigger office full of workers if need to add more people to our team, is never busy, usually just the front desk lady and like 2 other people there at any one time, can host events there.

Why the F*ck would anyone on a budget get a whole a$$ office rented just for a place to work. Find a cheap cool place like this and it will do everything you need a normal office to do.

IMG_0092-scaled.jpg

main.jpg
Also helps with GMB rankings if you rent it close to your target audience

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Gets all of our mail.

Security card to get in.

IMG_0092-scaled.jpg

main.jpg

I can second this. It’s a way more flexible way to just grow your company without messing around with administrative stuff. Hiring someone new is as easy as adding a plan. It forces you NOT to overthink things.

You don’t have to buy furniture, pay the power bill, get the windows washed, hire a cleaning service, buy internet, stock the bathrooms, stock a break room.

WeWork and Regis come with some pretty generous private office time and also conference room time. With 10+ plans for employees, you could basically own a conference room every day and these conference rooms are usually ridiculously bad a$$.

I also like that you have an office anywhere you travel. For a business like mine that is 95% communication, it’s money.

My company doesn’t need office phones and desktop computers or other permanent installations.

Of course, at some point, it makes sense to get a dedicated office space and some companies will need that before others.

Last edited:

evansste

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 25, 2023

Gets all of our mail.

Security card to get in.

IMG_0092-scaled.jpg

main.jpg

Gets all of our mail.

Security card to get in.

IMG_0092-scaled.jpg

main.jpg
Thanks for the suggestion. However, this sort of thing probably wouldn't work well, for me.

Different people need different things. What I'd need, is a private office space, within one of these coworking plans. That's when the savings would fall apart, since this seems to be catered more toward those who don't need a private office.

What I'm looking for, is a private place to work. So, a shared space isn't going to work, for me. This is often helpful for people like artists. My current work building, is filled with lots of artists who enjoy leaving their work in their own studio, and can come back to it, every day. It's been working quite well, for me, until recent changes at my current work place. I'd just like to find another building that offers this same setup.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Thanks for the suggestion. However, this sort of thing probably wouldn't work well, for me.

Different people need different things. What I'd need, is a private office space, within one of these coworking plans. That's when the savings would fall apart, since this seems to be catered more toward those who don't need a private office.

What I'm looking for, is a private place to work. So, a shared space isn't going to work, for me. This is often helpful for people like artists. My current work building, is filled with lots of artists who enjoy leaving their work in their own studio, and can come back to it, every day. It's been working quite well, for me, until recent changes at my current work place. I'd just like to find another building that offers this same setup.
they have office rooms for rent it can be like a few hundred a month.

The place I'm at has like 10 private offices you can get within it. Sign on door, locked room, nice view overlooking the city.

Some won't have that option, some will, but if you are on a budget why tf are you looking at expensive things you don't need.

Sounds more like a fake roadblock.

evansste

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 25, 2023
they have office rooms for rent it can be like a few hundred a month.

The place I'm at has like 10 private offices you can get within it. Sign on door, locked room, nice view overlooking the city.

Some won't have that option, some will, but if you are on a budget why tf are you looking at expensive things you don't need.

Sounds more like a fake roadblock.
I wouldn't call what I'm looking for "fake", since I already have it. I'm just looking for the same thing, in a different building.

It's possible that your coworking options are unique, based on the company that you're dealing with. Would you mind providing the name of the company that you use?

Based on a few online searches that I've done on coworking plans, the price for a private office, is substantial. However, your situation, may be different.

Caminsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Dec 27, 2022
Texas
I wouldn't call what I'm looking for "fake", since I already have it. I'm just looking for the same thing, in a different building.

It's possible that your coworking options are unique, based on the company that you're dealing with. Would you mind providing the name of the company that you use?

Based on a few online searches that I've done on coworking plans, the price for a private office, is substantial. However, your situation, may be different.
Class B is easy to find, but Class C is going to be tough in a smaller city. I wouldn't completely write off coworking spaces, instead look specifically for executive suites, which may be a better fit for you. Loopnet is one way to look for office space, but you may need a broker if you can't find it on your own.

evansste

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 25, 2023
Class B is easy to find, but Class C is going to be tough in a smaller city. I wouldn't completely write off coworking spaces, instead look specifically for executive suites, which may be a better fit for you. Loopnet is one way to look for office space, but you may need a broker if you can't find it on your own.

Thanks for the suggestions. I just started communicating with a realtor, today. Hopefully, they'll be able to help.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.