The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

(small) Office Space Psychology and Elements

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

sravi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 1, 2012
About to setup a small office, and am curious about the psychology behind- as to how to purpose build a layout.

For starters I'm looking for a place with a Kitchen (we're in Asia) so people are well fed and hopefully that entices them to stay (improve retention).

I am unsure about open vs closed spaces.

I'd personally want a private space for myself. What are some of the pros and cons to consider with open space terminals vs cubicles in terms of worker psychology?

A space for worker group meetings seems necessary. Could this be the entrance or "common" area?

I also put a lot of thought about the experience of a visitor, someone who comes to meet me (such as stakeholder or client). I'd like for them to see the staff busy at work (point in favor of open layout?) but be able to engage in a private (sound-proof) conversation with me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.