The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

how did you find yourself ?

newtothis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 28, 2008
Sorry for my English, i was never a good writer.

I have started with a bad feet on this forum and want to fix it. I just never has been a part of a forum and don’t really have time to chat online.

I want to start by telling little about my self and what am I trying to do and maybe some one can someone suggest me something.

I have moved to USA when I was 16, I didn’t know any English and went to height school, graduated and applied to numerous colleges but because of my bad SAT scores I only got in couple schools, and I decided to go to state school since it was the cheapest and closest to my house. I have worked since I moved, did anything from dish washing to door to door sales, when I finished high school I though to find a job that will pay for my school since it wasn’t expansive, after long searches I have found position at as a retail sales representative, that had full benefits nice salary and they paid for my education.

After numerous tries I have sold my self. Then for the next 4 years I was working full time and taking classes in the morning. I didn’t know what to do with my self so I decided to start with business degree since it can be used in any field I thought.

While working I was making good money for college student, but I was not able to do any internships b/c of my full time working so I was not able to test my career even before I wanted to start. So I decided create experience for myself so I would have something to put on my resume when I get out of college. So I decided to pick up some part time job for 2 days that I had off and worked as a mortgage broker. That didn’t worked out for me and I tired to partner up with my friend to start an online business, but because of the lack of time I was able to put in to it I was not able to do it.

So I finished college with no idea what I want to do with my self and which way to go. I know I want to create work, jobs, work for my self, learn every day and have a sky as a limit for growth.

Every day I stated readying books about people, business, money making, investing and what ever I thought can help me. Working and hating my job because I was not able to grow and was not able to leave. I thought if I start working somewhere and I don’t like it after words I will loose my time on it for nothing.

So I started talking to people just anyone I could meet and just ask them, how they like it what they do and how did they have there.

Eventually one investor invited me to work for him, in a start up that he thinks should become big and he wants me to be a part of it he said he sees a potential in me.
(I wish I can see what am I so good at so I can focus on that :huh2:)

anyways, now I am working with him, learning a lot about how companies start and the process, do not get paid a lot but I think the experience worth it, at least for now.

One thing that keeps bothering me is education, or specialty. A lot of people good at something, I know people who are really great constructors, or lawyers, doctors or analysts.

I can’t say that about my self, I can’t say that I am an expert in something, I am social person and selling is not hard for me, but other than that I feel that I don’t have a gift.
Well, I am very hard working, always curious and trying to learn every day, and ready to jump in any business if I think it can bring money, but it’s not helping me to make or live desired life that I want for me and for my family....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
You said it, you have an easy time selling. But do you enjoy doing it? Is that fun to you? If no, what is fun and what do you genuinly like doing everyday? When you are not working for money, what are you spending most of your time doing and enjoying? That is the secret to your success.

If you are an extroverted human being, which seems to be the case (selling is an extroverted task), you will need to magnify yourself. Make yourself very necessary for others. Make yourself "The Man" to go to, to make a certain complex thing happen. A good salesman, for example, is hard to come by these days. Many say they are so good at selling, but then they don't sell anything. But they still demand a fat salary for their bad job.

Dejan M

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 9, 2008
Slovenia, Europe
If you do not really know what you are good at, maybe the book [ame="http://www.amazon.com/StrengthsFinder-2-0-Upgraded-Discover-Strengths/dp/159562015X"]Strengths Finder 2.0[/ame] (or first edition - [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Discover-Your-Strengths-Marcus-Buckingham/dp/0743201140/"]Now, discover your strengths[/ame]) can help you. I found it very useful.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.