The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How can we increase our chances on the journey?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
This is something I've thought about for a while.

Whether you have a service or product, our biggest problem could be obscurity. Imagine a magical world where you can quickly verify an idea or business asap.

Well........ how do you get as many eyeballs on your business? And how many people need to support your business to enter the realm of Unscription? I can't speak for everyone, but a few hundred customers would establish a baseline for me which is eye opening considering its so close and within reach, yet so far at the same time! I think MJ might of gotten it a bit wrong, even though I love the quote ''impact millions to make millions'' you don't need to impact millions of people to make the magical millions, more like tens of thousands to reach the measly $1,000,000.

And it leads me to think...... the world is such a large place! Never mind all that for now, we can all start by focusing on impacting the thousands around us, so how can we do that? Some easy methods to get out there include...

1. Street canvassing (talking with thousands of people a day)
  2. Door knocking (brand awareness)
  3. Cold calling (brand awareness)
  4. Flyers & Direct mail (mailing out product/service offers for cheap)
  5. Viral social media content, videos and such (reasons to support your brand)
  6. Getting involved in the community (again reasons to support your brand)
  7. Showcasing your brand on national/global mainstream media (getting as many eyes as possible)
  8. Giving away free product?
My conversions with FB (Oh how I love Zuckerberg) have been quite low at 1-2% despite being ''successful'' and being able to generate leads by donating lots of money to Facebook, I ponder how someone like an Elon Musk, Mark Cuban or Richard Branson type character would act in my space. Surely they wouldn't just sit at home twirling their thumbs hoping some Adwords or Facebook ads bring in sales. So what are some other methods we can efficiently grow our ''brands'' (mini rant I think alot of people think branding is good customer service and slapping on some stupid logo, really it's much more to that.

How can we grow our brands to the likes of Nike, Coca Cola, Redbull, Supreme & Rolls Royces which is just a Chrysler 3000 with fancy leather seats marked up 10000000%?

How would you feel if you woke up one day, and read in the news that Elon or Cuban entered your niche/industry? What would they do differently?

I've gotten some orange gumballs, might be mixing up the colors.... and received some good feedback, but what's the best way to get that coveted GOLD gumball?

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
This is something I've thought about for a while.

Whether you have a service or product, our biggest problem could be obscurity. Imagine a magical world where you can quickly verify an idea or business asap.

Well........ how do you get as many eyeballs on your business? And how many people need to support your business to enter the realm of Unscription? I can't speak for everyone, but a few hundred customers would establish a baseline for me which is eye opening considering its so close and within reach, yet so far at the same time! I think MJ might of gotten it a bit wrong, even though I love the quote ''impact millions to make millions'' you don't need to impact millions of people to make the magical millions, more like tens of thousands to reach the measly $1,000,000.

And it leads me to think...... the world is such a large place! Never mind all that for now, we can all start by focusing on impacting the thousands around us, so how can we do that? Some easy methods to get out there include...

1. Street canvassing (talking with thousands of people a day)
  2. Door knocking (brand awareness)
  3. Cold calling (brand awareness)
  4. Flyers & Direct mail (mailing out product/service offers for cheap)
  5. Viral social media content, videos and such (reasons to support your brand)
  6. Getting involved in the community (again reasons to support your brand)
  7. Showcasing your brand on national/global mainstream media (getting as many eyes as possible)
  8. Giving away free product?
My conversions with FB (Oh how I love Zuckerberg) have been quite low at 1-2% despite being ''successful'' and being able to generate leads by donating lots of money to Facebook, I ponder how someone like an Elon Musk, Mark Cuban or Richard Branson type character would act in my space. Surely they wouldn't just sit at home twirling their thumbs hoping some Adwords or Facebook ads bring in sales. So what are some other methods we can efficiently grow our ''brands'' (mini rant I think alot of people think branding is good customer service and slapping on some stupid logo, really it's much more to that.

How can we grow our brands to the likes of Nike, Coca Cola, Redbull, Supreme & Rolls Royces which is just a Chrysler 3000 with fancy leather seats marked up 10000000%?

How would you feel if you woke up one day, and read in the news that Elon or Cuban entered your niche/industry? What would they do differently?

I've gotten some orange gumballs, might be mixing up the colors.... and received some good feedback, but what's the best way to get that coveted GOLD gumball?

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.
So, is your "coveted GOLD gumball" a magic formula you are looking for to create fast-track success? Your real purpose of your post is confusing to me. Are you telling or asking? On the other hand I'm sure that you wouldn't like my guidance on how to become successful. It involves way too much work and it takes way too much time...

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
So, is your "coveted GOLD gumball" a magic formula you are looking for to create fast-track success? Your real purpose of your post is confusing to me. Are you telling or asking? On the other hand I'm sure that you wouldn't like my guidance on how to become successful. It involves way too much work and it takes way too much time...

A bit of both, although my question being how can we be productive like a Mark Cuban or Elon type?

How would they grow a business opposed to the typical oh let's run some online ads and hope we get sales?

I've gotten some interest in my product and people are inquiring about samples I'm offering, how can I get that gold gumball (x amount of sales) etc?

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
A bit of both, although my question being how can we be productive like a Mark Cuban or Elon type?

How would they grow a business opposed to the typical oh let's run some online ads and hope we get sales?

I've gotten some interest in my product and people are inquiring about samples I'm offering, how can I get that gold gumball (x amount of sales) etc?
You're looking at these men as they are today. You're not in their positions. You do NOT have their resources. They would approach your business differently now that they gained their successful history. But, successful people have a lot to teach to a beginner. Your question is very valad. Do you read? Do you watch movies and podcasts? You may want to become a student of biographes and auto biographes. Reading the stories of people's lives is SO inspiring. The path of going from nothing to a lot has many interesting twists and turns. It takes a lot of grit!

Oh, and about sales. You don't need to worry about making thousands of sales when you are starting out. You just need to make the next sale. You need to create a core group of users to build on...

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
You're looking at these men as they are today. You're not in their positions. You do NOT have their resources. They would approach your business differently now that they gained their successful history. But, successful people have a lot to teach to a beginner. Your question is very valad. Do you read? Do you watch movies and podcasts? You may want to become a student of biographes and auto biographes. Reading the stories of people's lives is SO inspiring. The path of going from nothing to a lot has many interesting twists and turns. It takes a lot of grit!

Oh, and about sales. You don't need to worry about making thousands of sales when you are starting out. You just need to make the next sale. You need to create a core group of users to build on...

Any suggestions for autobiographies?

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Any suggestions for autobiographies?
Widen your thinking. I now use audiobooks all the time (since I had my eye surgery). There are thousands of books that detail the lives of people who came before us. I also have a taped set from years ago based on the wisdom Khan. It's set like a series of fireside chat about leadership skills where he's advising his aids and officers.

Most of the classic stories about generals and kings. The newer ones are mostly about business tycoons or trailblazers like Gandhi and MLK. There are tons of information that details the human journey.

Also, the Greek myths are very interesting. They are about one's inner life -- not literal.

This is all about self-growth -- yours.

Many, who achieved a lot, weren't successful students when they were kids -- think of people like Einstein and Edison. Many had very twisted paths to their lives.

One of my favorite life stories is George Washington Carver. When the soil in the South become depleted from growing cotton, he encouraged people to plant peanuts. At the end of the growing season, the soil was better, but there was no market for peanuts. Cotton was a cash crop and the farmers had no way to make a living off of peanuts. So George formulated hundreds of uses. They still grow peanuts for some of the uses he discovered in his research. By the way, his admissions test for entering school was cleaning a room for the schoolmistress. He showed up and begged to be admitted. He wanted to learn that much. There were no opportunities for little black boys at that time to go to school & learn to read.

Think of Helen Keller. She wrote a lot about her life. She was deaf and blind.

Keep this in mind. The human brain has been the same size for thousands of years. Human nature has been pretty static during those years. People have always been struggling with the same issues. The Romans had a problem with lots of divorces and they had a system of insurance companies for their merchants. Many of our classics in our literature were written for the common people of that time, and they deal with our normal human failings.

Yes, I’m very passionate about my reading…

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Widen your thinking. I now use audiobooks all the time (since I had my eye surgery). There are thousands of books that detail the lives of people who came before us. I also have a taped set from years ago based on the wisdom Khan. It's set like a series of fireside chat about leadership skills where he's advising his aids and officers.

Most of the classic stories about generals and kings. The newer ones are mostly about business tycoons or trailblazers like Gandhi and MLK. There are tons of information that details the human journey.

Also, the Greek myths are very interesting. They are about one's inner life -- not literal.

This is all about self-growth -- yours.

Many, who achieved a lot, weren't successful students when they were kids -- think of people like Einstein and Edison. Many had very twisted paths to their lives.

One of my favorite life stories is George Washington Carver. When the soil in the South become depleted from growing cotton, he encouraged people to plant peanuts. At the end of the growing season, the soil was better, but there was no market for peanuts. Cotton was a cash crop and the farmers had no way to make a living off of peanuts. So George formulated hundreds of uses. They still grow peanuts for some of the uses he discovered in his research. By the way, his admissions test for entering school was cleaning a room for the schoolmistress. He showed up and begged to be admitted. He wanted to learn that much. There were no opportunities for little black boys at that time to go to school & learn to read.

Think of Helen Keller. She wrote a lot about her life. She was deaf and blind.

Keep this in mind. The human brain has been the same size for thousands of years. Human nature has been pretty static during those years. People have always been struggling with the same issues. The Romans had a problem with lots of divorces and they had a system of insurance companies for their merchants. Many of our classics in our literature were written for the common people of that time, and they deal with our normal human failings.

Yes, I’m very passionate about my reading…

I'll have to pickup some books, haven't been reading to much lately (only have 5 biz books under my belt err, maybe a few more)

Spent the day today doing some volunteer work and meeting with alot of people, long day today :zzz:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.