The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How can we start a new web design studio? (a developing startup from Eastern Europe)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

jog

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 6, 2014
Greetings from Eastern Europe!

Glad to be back to the forum again. A couple of years ago I was involved in one forex project where we were to provide consultancy, signals service, trust management and a few minor things. Although the start was OK the project died in 5-6 months due to conflict of interests between the traders. Well sh*t happens but I think this is not the reason to give up and turn down other promising online startups.

During the summer-fall 2015 I traded like masochist. I had a few wealthy investors. I got some profitable months but losses occurred as well. In the meantime I realized that I probably should put my focus on other businesses too. Trading is fine I am really keen on it but it takes quite a lot of time, energy, nerves and having a nice and smooth project on the sidelines would be a great deal plus additional income.

At the end of 2015 for some reason I thought that web design was the field I would like to give a try to. Frankly speaking it was very spontaneous but I just recalled my previous projects where hiring a reliable designer was tough going and realized that why don’t I have my own team of designers, huh?

In January I met my bud and we decided to collaborate on that startup together. At the moment there are 5 of us. A couple of our members have an experience in currency trading (me), MLM and e-marketing and the rest are professional designers. So we’ve decided to combine our knowledge to come up with the design studio. Pretty much that’s it.

To provide quality web solutions we need to have our own website first. So we registered domain, payed for the hosting, worked a little on our own design (it will be definitely updated) and even received a request from prospective client. I am not sure I am allowed to post a URL here so I will post it in my status. The name is DizzStudio.com

Things done:

• Landing Page

• A couple of contexts

• Service list

• Blog

Things to be done (a lot)

• Portfolio section

• Service description

• About Us

• Team page

• Contact Us box

• SEO texts

• Feedback section

• Online store

• Back office (in future)
I know DizzStudio is not a unique startup and there are a bunch of well-known studios over there on the internet. Our challenge here is to eventually bring something unusual and untrivial to the customers. I admit the rule N1 here is @treat your customers good and you’ll definitely get more customers and thus profits@. We are sure that every business could be properly run with the competent management and hard work (that would definitely pay off).

Guys I would appreciate any advice, questions, criticism from your side. I am here to learn as web design is kinda new business for me. Does anyone of you have a design studio? How you promoted your first startups? Where did you get your first customers? I will keep everyone posted on the work progress. Hoping to get the contact us section done by Wednesday/Thursday of this week.

Thanks for your time!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Ask Me Anything doesn't mean that you ask us anything, but that others can ask you anything in a field that you are successful in.

jog

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 6, 2014
Ask Me Anything doesn't mean that you ask us anything, but that others can ask you anything in a field that you are successful in.

Got it, thank you

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Greetings from Eastern Europe!

Glad to be back to the forum again. A couple of years ago I was involved in one forex project where we were to provide consultancy, signals service, trust management and a few minor things. Although the start was OK the project died in 5-6 months due to conflict of interests between the traders. Well sh*t happens but I think this is not the reason to give up and turn down other promising online startups.

During the summer-fall 2015 I traded like masochist. I had a few wealthy investors. I got some profitable months but losses occurred as well. In the meantime I realized that I probably should put my focus on other businesses too. Trading is fine I am really keen on it but it takes quite a lot of time, energy, nerves and having a nice and smooth project on the sidelines would be a great deal plus additional income.

At the end of 2015 for some reason I thought that web design was the field I would like to give a try to. Frankly speaking it was very spontaneous but I just recalled my previous projects where hiring a reliable designer was tough going and realized that why don’t I have my own team of designers, huh?

In January I met my bud and we decided to collaborate on that startup together. At the moment there are 5 of us. A couple of our members have an experience in currency trading (me), MLM and e-marketing and the rest are professional designers. So we’ve decided to combine our knowledge to come up with the design studio. Pretty much that’s it.

To provide quality web solutions we need to have our own website first. So we registered domain, payed for the hosting, worked a little on our own design (it will be definitely updated) and even received a request from prospective client. I am not sure I am allowed to post a URL here so I will post it in my status. The name is DizzStudio.com

Things done:

• Landing Page

• A couple of contexts

• Service list

• Blog

Things to be done (a lot)

• Portfolio section

• Service description

• About Us

• Team page

• Contact Us box

• SEO texts

• Feedback section

• Online store

• Back office (in future)
I know DizzStudio is not a unique startup and there are a bunch of well-known studios over there on the internet. Our challenge here is to eventually bring something unusual and untrivial to the customers. I admit the rule N1 here is @treat your customers good and you’ll definitely get more customers and thus profits@. We are sure that every business could be properly run with the competent management and hard work (that would definitely pay off).

Guys I would appreciate any advice, questions, criticism from your side. I am here to learn as web design is kinda new business for me. Does anyone of you have a design studio? How you promoted your first startups? Where did you get your first customers? I will keep everyone posted on the work progress. Hoping to get the contact us section done by Wednesday/Thursday of this week.

Thanks for your time!
How well do you know HTML and CSS? also I suggest you use HUBSPOT tools to test your website design and make tweaks when possible.This should be about the client I encourage learning internet security protocols and even consider hiring a graphic designer.You want to also keep note of what top designers are already doing and look for trends. A hobby of mine is working with websites not so much in creation but familiarization.I also have seven years in the trenches promoting them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.