The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How Can I Collect Pre-Orders & Create Hype?

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
First off, thank you for taking time out of your day to help me out.

I'm looking to collect pre-orders and create hype for a program I'll be releasing in early 2018.

"What Kind of Program?," You Ask...
It's a program for football players, and shows them how to train to develop takeoff speed (acceleration). In football, ACCELERATION is far more important than top speed, as most plays require only 5-20 yards of running. Most other books in this genre focus on overall athletic development, overall general speed development, but very few focus specifically on accelerating off the line.

Blazing acceleration is like gold in the sport of football, because a slight edge in short-burst speed often makes the difference between failed and average plays, and BIG plays.

People don't realize what made Barry Sanders the greatest running back ever (in my opinion). They watch his highlight videos and think, "He's shifty! He's agile!" Yeah, he is. BUT, that's not what makes him SO SO friggin' good. What people fail to notice is his ability to ACCELERATE after side-stepping, cutting, and other moves. He makes the move, then like a bullet, he creates SPACE between himself and the defensive player. His moves are awesome, yes, but what made him amazing as a running back was his ability to accelerate after juking out the defender.

If players develop acceleration speed, they make way more big plays, and get more looks from recruiters (which, to a football player, getting looks from recruiters = $$$).

What Layout Will this Program Take?
So, the program is in the form of an e-book. It explains training methods in terms that don't require a degree in exercise science to understand, goes into detail about sprint-start mechanics (if football players used the same mechanics Olympic sprinters used, they'd be a lot faster), and provides a detailed, 12 week program which will lead to a new personal best in the 40 yard dash. The 12 week program is "the thing" that will be of most benefit, if utilized. All details are laid out which removes all guesswork, and uses several little known training methods used by Olympians that 99% of high school and college football players don't know about.

What's My First Step to Put this Out There?
What do you suggest for collecting pre-order email addresses?

My thought is to use online ads leading to a landing page, and then the call to action on the landing page would be entering your email address in exchange forrrrr....something. LOL. This is where I'm a bit fuzzy, being that I've never operated a landing page.

"Exclusive early access to the program" ??
"Receive discount on program when you pre-order now" ??

What's an appropriate method, here? Given that I'm a newbie in terms of landing pages, what else do I need to know about them, in your opinion?

Tools I have available to me for the landing page:
Book cover
: I'll have a nice looking 3D version of the e-book cover

Free Resource
: "3 Training Secrets of Olympic Sprinters." This gives you a taste of the overall program, and is actually beneficial in and of itself (in other words, it's not an upsell, it's actually something athletes can use)

NFL testimonial
: Video testimonial of an NFL wide receiver

List of benefits
: Score more touchdowns, make more big plays, get more attention from scouts and coaches, ect

About Me
: How l came to learn the training methods of Olympic sprinters, how I applied the methods to my own athletic career, how it can help you become better

If you have experience with landing pages, I'd love to hear about your failures and successes. What worked for you, what didn't work, and what suggestions would you have for me, someone who has never used a landing page?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
Who is your target demographic? High schoolers looking to land scholarships? College athletes looking to get to the NFL? Weekend flag football players wanting to get an edge? What income level does your target demographic have? Is your program better-suited for people who play specific positions?

Answering those questions will help you figure out "what exactly does this person need?"

Is your program like a video course? If so, give them the first 1-2 video lessons in exchange for the e-mail. You'll be able to showcase the quality of your work and help to build confidence in your product. If you give away an e-book, I still don't know if your course is going to be worth it for me. If I know exactly what to expect from the course, because I've previewed it, I'll feel a lot more comfortable paying for the full thing.

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Who is your target demographic? High schoolers looking to land scholarships? College athletes looking to get to the NFL? Weekend flag football players wanting to get an edge? What income level does your target demographic have? Is your program better-suited for people who play specific positions?

High school athletes looking to make varsity, high school athletes looking to get a scholarship, college players looking to start, college players looking to get to the NFL. The target audience is "serious-minded athletes who specifically want to improve acceleration speed." Definitely not for weekend warriors or any athlete who is even remotely casual about improvement.

I wonder-- is it appropriate to have a target audience of "serious-minded athletes?" I'll show you all the cover once it's completed, but I think the cover would speak just as loudly to the high school athlete as it would the college senior.

Another thought about the target audience is that it would be excellent for coaches as well. Maybe, when I run ads to get leads, I will split test ads directed at serious-minded athletes vs. ads directed at coaches. Thoughts?

Is your program like a video course? If so, give them the first 1-2 video lessons in exchange for the e-mail. You'll be able to showcase the quality of your work and help to build confidence in your product. If you give away an e-book, I still don't know if your course is going to be worth it for me. If I know exactly what to expect from the course, because I've previewed it, I'll feel a lot more comfortable paying for the full thing.

It's definitely not a video course...it's all in e-book format. Half of it is written like a typical book, and the other half consists of 12 printable workout tracking cards, each card correlating to one of the 12 weeks within the program. Athletes use the cards to track their workouts. There are going to be some pictures and videos on the website demonstrating exercises. The reason I'm doing it with 95% writing is because people won't be able to understand me in a video, as I've got a vocal cord issue. Talking is a high effort task for me, and my face does all kinds of strange things...it will be very distracting and difficult to understand. I've noticed there are several people on this forum who have had success with strictly writing, and I'd like to follow their example.

I like the idea of previewing the course. Thinking...what I can do, like MJ, is provide a sneak peak into the book. He gives away the first 3 chapters of Unscripted for free. I can offer a few pages of the book and a sample workout card.

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I'm wondering if I could've used a more attractive title for this thread...

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
First off, thank you for taking time out of your day to help me out.

I'm looking to collect pre-orders and create hype for a program I'll be releasing in early 2018.

"What Kind of Program?," You Ask...
It's a program for football players, and shows them how to train to develop takeoff speed (acceleration). In football, ACCELERATION is far more important than top speed, as most plays require only 5-20 yards of running. Most other books in this genre focus on overall athletic development, overall general speed development, but very few focus specifically on accelerating off the line.

Blazing acceleration is like gold in the sport of football, because a slight edge in short-burst speed often makes the difference between failed and average plays, and BIG plays.

People don't realize what made Barry Sanders the greatest running back ever (in my opinion). They watch his highlight videos and think, "He's shifty! He's agile!" Yeah, he is. BUT, that's not what makes him SO SO friggin' good. What people fail to notice is his ability to ACCELERATE after side-stepping, cutting, and other moves. He makes the move, then like a bullet, he creates SPACE between himself and the defensive player. His moves are awesome, yes, but what made him amazing as a running back was his ability to accelerate after juking out the defender.

If players develop acceleration speed, they make way more big plays, and get more looks from recruiters (which, to a football player, getting looks from recruiters = $$$).

What Layout Will this Program Take?
So, the program is in the form of an e-book. It explains training methods in terms that don't require a degree in exercise science to understand, goes into detail about sprint-start mechanics (if football players used the same mechanics Olympic sprinters used, they'd be a lot faster), and provides a detailed, 12 week program which will lead to a new personal best in the 40 yard dash. The 12 week program is "the thing" that will be of most benefit, if utilized. All details are laid out which removes all guesswork, and uses several little known training methods used by Olympians that 99% of high school and college football players don't know about.

What's My First Step to Put this Out There?
What do you suggest for collecting pre-order email addresses?

My thought is to use online ads leading to a landing page, and then the call to action on the landing page would be entering your email address in exchange forrrrr....something. LOL. This is where I'm a bit fuzzy, being that I've never operated a landing page.

"Exclusive early access to the program" ??
"Receive discount on program when you pre-order now" ??

What's an appropriate method, here? Given that I'm a newbie in terms of landing pages, what else do I need to know about them, in your opinion?

Tools I have available to me for the landing page:
Book cover
: I'll have a nice looking 3D version of the e-book cover

Free Resource
: "3 Training Secrets of Olympic Sprinters." This gives you a taste of the overall program, and is actually beneficial in and of itself (in other words, it's not an upsell, it's actually something athletes can use)

NFL testimonial
: Video testimonial of an NFL wide receiver

List of benefits
: Score more touchdowns, make more big plays, get more attention from scouts and coaches, ect

About Me
: How l came to learn the training methods of Olympic sprinters, how I applied the methods to my own athletic career, how it can help you become better

If you have experience with landing pages, I'd love to hear about your failures and successes. What worked for you, what didn't work, and what suggestions would you have for me, someone who has never used a landing page?

awesome idea; i love football and can relate; i have several friends that are current high school 5A coaches here in SC and also have played for SEC teams (best conference IMO lol) I agree barry sanders is the best period. Bo jackson is up there too. Walter payton used to run up hills and thats what he did. Herschell Walker never lifted weights and used body weights and ran different paths to get blazing cuts and speeds. If I can be of any help PM me bro. thanks

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
Could you give away the first week? You say there's 12 weeks + 12 workout cards. Give away the first week, blow their socks off, and they'll be eager to come back for more. I've seen a lot of courses (I understand yours isn't exactly a course) that do this. They offer the first chapter free, or perhaps a "mini series" to warm up the leads, and then have an email campaign to get you to buy.

Better yet - break out your first week into 5-7 chapters, and send out each day's exercise/activity every morning via e-mail. You'll have them actively following along and engaging for an entire week while you warm them up to an eventual sale. At the end, offer some "promo code" for sticking with the program and reward them with a discount on the full e-book course.

Also - if you have a budget, are there people on fiverr who will do your videos for you? I'm not sure whether it would make sense or be applicable, but even having a voiceover of a video of you performing the exercises could make a big difference in conversions.

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Could you give away the first week? You say there's 12 weeks + 12 workout cards. Give away the first week, blow their socks off, and they'll be eager to come back for more. I've seen a lot of courses (I understand yours isn't exactly a course) that do this. They offer the first chapter free, or perhaps a "mini series" to warm up the leads, and then have an email campaign to get you to buy.

Better yet - break out your first week into 5-7 chapters, and send out each day's exercise/activity every morning via e-mail. You'll have them actively following along and engaging for an entire week while you warm them up to an eventual sale. At the end, offer some "promo code" for sticking with the program and reward them with a discount on the full e-book course.

Also - if you have a budget, are there people on fiverr who will do your videos for you? I'm not sure whether it would make sense or be applicable, but even having a voiceover of a video of you performing the exercises could make a big difference in conversions.

So many ideas! There's definitely a lot to chew on here. Great ideas...these are very helpful in terms of getting me to be more creative with the initial offer and getting people involved. Thank you.

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
awesome idea; i love football and can relate; i have several friends that are current high school 5A coaches here in SC and also have played for SEC teams (best conference IMO lol) I agree barry sanders is the best period. Bo jackson is up there too. Walter payton used to run up hills and thats what he did. Herschell Walker never lifted weights and used body weights and ran different paths to get blazing cuts and speeds. If I can be of any help PM me bro. thanks

Poor Bo Jackson had to end his career early. He was just an absolute powerhouse-speedster. I think Barry was a bit more intricate in his style of play, lol, but Bo Jackson would just outrun you, and if you boxed him in so he couldn't outrun you, then he'll plow you over. He was a beast. I chose to exemplify Barry Sanders in this post because of his ability to accelerate. I appreciate your offer to be of help...was there something specific you were thinking of when you offered to help? Again, much appreciated!

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Poor Bo Jackson had to end his career early. He was just an absolute powerhouse-speedster. I think Barry was a bit more intricate in his style of play, lol, but Bo Jackson would just outrun you, and if you boxed him in so he couldn't outrun you, then he'll plow you over. He was a beast. I chose to exemplify Barry Sanders in this post because of his ability to accelerate. I appreciate your offer to be of help...was there something specific you were thinking of when you offered to help? Again, much appreciated!

Yes; I played Defensive end however nowadays the defensive ends and even some Nose tackles are able to run 4.4s-4.6 40s! This is absolutely insanity! Game has changed so quickly over time because the players are faster then ever and stronger as well. I think football strategy, mindset x’s and o’s Is something that can have a significant edge over the cookie cutter programs and academies that focus on one specific thing.

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Yes; I played Defensive end however nowadays the defensive ends and even some Nose tackles are able to run 4.4s-4.6 40s! This is absolutely insanity! Game has changed so quickly over time because the players are faster then ever and stronger as well. I think football strategy, mindset x’s and o’s Is something that can have a significant edge over the cookie cutter programs and academies that focus on one specific thing.

Awesome! I really appreciate the offer, and I'll definitely keep it in mind! By the way, how's business going for you?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.