The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

How Can I Collect Pre-Orders & Create Hype?

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
First off, thank you for taking time out of your day to help me out.

I'm looking to collect pre-orders and create hype for a program I'll be releasing in early 2018.

"What Kind of Program?," You Ask...
It's a program for football players, and shows them how to train to develop takeoff speed (acceleration). In football, ACCELERATION is far more important than top speed, as most plays require only 5-20 yards of running. Most other books in this genre focus on overall athletic development, overall general speed development, but very few focus specifically on accelerating off the line.

Blazing acceleration is like gold in the sport of football, because a slight edge in short-burst speed often makes the difference between failed and average plays, and BIG plays.

People don't realize what made Barry Sanders the greatest running back ever (in my opinion). They watch his highlight videos and think, "He's shifty! He's agile!" Yeah, he is. BUT, that's not what makes him SO SO friggin' good. What people fail to notice is his ability to ACCELERATE after side-stepping, cutting, and other moves. He makes the move, then like a bullet, he creates SPACE between himself and the defensive player. His moves are awesome, yes, but what made him amazing as a running back was his ability to accelerate after juking out the defender.

If players develop acceleration speed, they make way more big plays, and get more looks from recruiters (which, to a football player, getting looks from recruiters = $$$).

What Layout Will this Program Take?
So, the program is in the form of an e-book. It explains training methods in terms that don't require a degree in exercise science to understand, goes into detail about sprint-start mechanics (if football players used the same mechanics Olympic sprinters used, they'd be a lot faster), and provides a detailed, 12 week program which will lead to a new personal best in the 40 yard dash. The 12 week program is "the thing" that will be of most benefit, if utilized. All details are laid out which removes all guesswork, and uses several little known training methods used by Olympians that 99% of high school and college football players don't know about.

What's My First Step to Put this Out There?
What do you suggest for collecting pre-order email addresses?

My thought is to use online ads leading to a landing page, and then the call to action on the landing page would be entering your email address in exchange forrrrr....something. LOL. This is where I'm a bit fuzzy, being that I've never operated a landing page.

"Exclusive early access to the program" ??
"Receive discount on program when you pre-order now" ??

What's an appropriate method, here? Given that I'm a newbie in terms of landing pages, what else do I need to know about them, in your opinion?

Tools I have available to me for the landing page:
Book cover
: I'll have a nice looking 3D version of the e-book cover

Free Resource
: "3 Training Secrets of Olympic Sprinters." This gives you a taste of the overall program, and is actually beneficial in and of itself (in other words, it's not an upsell, it's actually something athletes can use)

NFL testimonial
: Video testimonial of an NFL wide receiver

List of benefits
: Score more touchdowns, make more big plays, get more attention from scouts and coaches, ect

About Me
: How l came to learn the training methods of Olympic sprinters, how I applied the methods to my own athletic career, how it can help you become better

If you have experience with landing pages, I'd love to hear about your failures and successes. What worked for you, what didn't work, and what suggestions would you have for me, someone who has never used a landing page?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
Who is your target demographic? High schoolers looking to land scholarships? College athletes looking to get to the NFL? Weekend flag football players wanting to get an edge? What income level does your target demographic have? Is your program better-suited for people who play specific positions?

Answering those questions will help you figure out "what exactly does this person need?"

Is your program like a video course? If so, give them the first 1-2 video lessons in exchange for the e-mail. You'll be able to showcase the quality of your work and help to build confidence in your product. If you give away an e-book, I still don't know if your course is going to be worth it for me. If I know exactly what to expect from the course, because I've previewed it, I'll feel a lot more comfortable paying for the full thing.

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Who is your target demographic? High schoolers looking to land scholarships? College athletes looking to get to the NFL? Weekend flag football players wanting to get an edge? What income level does your target demographic have? Is your program better-suited for people who play specific positions?

High school athletes looking to make varsity, high school athletes looking to get a scholarship, college players looking to start, college players looking to get to the NFL. The target audience is "serious-minded athletes who specifically want to improve acceleration speed." Definitely not for weekend warriors or any athlete who is even remotely casual about improvement.

I wonder-- is it appropriate to have a target audience of "serious-minded athletes?" I'll show you all the cover once it's completed, but I think the cover would speak just as loudly to the high school athlete as it would the college senior.

Another thought about the target audience is that it would be excellent for coaches as well. Maybe, when I run ads to get leads, I will split test ads directed at serious-minded athletes vs. ads directed at coaches. Thoughts?

Is your program like a video course? If so, give them the first 1-2 video lessons in exchange for the e-mail. You'll be able to showcase the quality of your work and help to build confidence in your product. If you give away an e-book, I still don't know if your course is going to be worth it for me. If I know exactly what to expect from the course, because I've previewed it, I'll feel a lot more comfortable paying for the full thing.

It's definitely not a video course...it's all in e-book format. Half of it is written like a typical book, and the other half consists of 12 printable workout tracking cards, each card correlating to one of the 12 weeks within the program. Athletes use the cards to track their workouts. There are going to be some pictures and videos on the website demonstrating exercises. The reason I'm doing it with 95% writing is because people won't be able to understand me in a video, as I've got a vocal cord issue. Talking is a high effort task for me, and my face does all kinds of strange things...it will be very distracting and difficult to understand. I've noticed there are several people on this forum who have had success with strictly writing, and I'd like to follow their example.

I like the idea of previewing the course. Thinking...what I can do, like MJ, is provide a sneak peak into the book. He gives away the first 3 chapters of Unscripted for free. I can offer a few pages of the book and a sample workout card.

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.