The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hosting Images

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
This is going to seem like a really stupid question. This is something that I can't figure out. Maybe I'm googling the wrong combo of words? Idk. Here it is:

I created 3 digital products for my site and I am building the sales page now. I have links to view examples, but I want to host the examples outside of my site. So when the user clicks the links, a pop-up will open and it shows the images.

Is there a place that will store the images forever? Like image-shark or something? Or do they only hold images for a temporary period of time?

And yes, I know that I can host the images on my own server.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

VIP

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Oct 19, 2012
San Diego
Imageshack.us or Photobucket create a account and you can upload your images there.

Also are you worried about hosting the images on your server because of image speed load?

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Thanks

Do the links to photobucket or Imageshack stay active forever?

And mainly because I'm doing the work off-line of my server and using the image site for testing the 'view example' links. If the sites host the images forever then it just seems easier to keep it all the way I currently have it. Not concerned about load speed or anything. They are three small images.

VIP

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Oct 19, 2012
San Diego
I have images on imageshack since 2006 lol so I cant say forever but they stay active unless you delete them or someone reports your images.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
imgur is probably the easiest.

Not really sure your intentions though. Even if you are doing offline work, you would have to access the net to see the images. If you didn't have access you would host them local to the site.

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
I really don't follow what issue you are trying to solve but I use dropbox or amazon S3 to host files.

Most free image hosts and dropbox have a bandwidth cap so you might need to use amazon S3 to host anything that is going to get downloaded a lot.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Thanks everyone.

No issue here at all. I have a button (view example) that's what it is called - someone clicks the button and a pop-up appears with an image, which is hosted on another site. I don't have the image on my sales page because I want to focus on the sale without distracting the end-user with complex example images that could delay or distract them from clicking the 'buy now' button.

Clearly I made this appear as a bigger issue than it really is. My main question was 'do the sites tend to keep your images' and I good the answer that I am looking for + some.

Thanks every1 for your responses.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
It doesn't need to be hosted on a different site. People won't know where the image is hosted. Are you asking us how to do a light box image? or are you wanting the image to open up in a new window or tab on the browser.

D

DeletedUser2

Light box images are far better, since it tends to pull people back to yoru sales page. so lesss loss from clickaways.

we use amazon s3 to host our images, larger files. and video.
we pay for it but its pretty damm cheap. like couple bucks a month..

Look up light box product images

if your using wp, there are a dozen plugins that do that.
if you want a whole new tab, or new web page to pop up thats pretty easy to.

dont know if that helps....

Z

EN_VY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 28, 2012
Houston
Off topic, your S/N is familiar from many sites like CL and Refined Elegance. You wouldn't happen to be in Houston, would you?

Sent from my iOS powered Android.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.