Hi,
I am a 27 year old male from Singapore, currently living in Melbourne, Australia as a temporary resident. I always wanted to start something (a business) since i was 12. I joined many communities, mostly internet marketing, web developing etc. as it was the cheapest way to start something with very cheap monthly hosting. Well, I made a few dollars here and there but it was a long time ago. Maybe 5-6 years ago and i stopped. Now, I gave my life a good thought, i always find myself stopping halfway and not finishing what I want to do. Seems like what you call a multipotentialite, always having different interests and pursuit in life. For instance, I have a bachelor's in business, but my postgraduate study was teaching, almost totally unrelated. Sometimes, i feel this hinders my growth but I want to use this to my advantage. For instance, I could start a blog that covers all my interest (but it wouldn't have a niche?). These examples also highlighted another issue of mine. Discipline and consistency. I told myself i want to gym, i start for a month and i stopped. I bought the intelligent investor, read it a few years back but only bought my first stock just this year. This explains a lot isn't it? I'm 27, my dream of having something started from 12 and today, still zilch apart from being recently married last year.
Finally, today I decide to instill some discipline and focus towards myself (I've downloaded apps like daylio to keep track of my moods and goals etc.). To stay focus on what i need to do to succeed. I'm starting with reading the millionaire fastlane (I just bought the e-book from Apple books last night). I've read the synopsis and I believe it is in tune with me while strengthening its effectiveness together with this community while I can develop myself into what is needed to succeed with people of the same mindset or interests.
Thank you for reading and maybe, you can shed some light if you've experienced what i've experienced with your wiser experiences?
I am a 27 year old male from Singapore, currently living in Melbourne, Australia as a temporary resident. I always wanted to start something (a business) since i was 12. I joined many communities, mostly internet marketing, web developing etc. as it was the cheapest way to start something with very cheap monthly hosting. Well, I made a few dollars here and there but it was a long time ago. Maybe 5-6 years ago and i stopped. Now, I gave my life a good thought, i always find myself stopping halfway and not finishing what I want to do. Seems like what you call a multipotentialite, always having different interests and pursuit in life. For instance, I have a bachelor's in business, but my postgraduate study was teaching, almost totally unrelated. Sometimes, i feel this hinders my growth but I want to use this to my advantage. For instance, I could start a blog that covers all my interest (but it wouldn't have a niche?). These examples also highlighted another issue of mine. Discipline and consistency. I told myself i want to gym, i start for a month and i stopped. I bought the intelligent investor, read it a few years back but only bought my first stock just this year. This explains a lot isn't it? I'm 27, my dream of having something started from 12 and today, still zilch apart from being recently married last year.
Finally, today I decide to instill some discipline and focus towards myself (I've downloaded apps like daylio to keep track of my moods and goals etc.). To stay focus on what i need to do to succeed. I'm starting with reading the millionaire fastlane (I just bought the e-book from Apple books last night). I've read the synopsis and I believe it is in tune with me while strengthening its effectiveness together with this community while I can develop myself into what is needed to succeed with people of the same mindset or interests.
Thank you for reading and maybe, you can shed some light if you've experienced what i've experienced with your wiser experiences?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
