The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Holy Shit... I'm actually doing this...

Beebop27

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 22, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Holy Fkn Shit... I'm actually going to tear open a segment of my life and open up to you all...

Ahh well, here we go..

First of all... Fk you Mj Demaro. Yes. Thats right. Fk you.

I found you through an instant successful youtuber called James Jani. The 19 year old successful youtuber. Every aspiring entrepreneur's wet dream. I flicked through his video, and saw him basically saying the core of his message is from "Inscripted", by MJ DeMarco.

Curious, I went and plugged in MJ Demaro, into youtube and devoured interview after interview.

Sure enough, I went and bought Millionaire Fastlane , and then straight after, Unscripted .

My big F*ck YOU, is because I can't F*cking stop reading it. Its like it resonates inside every core of my being and I cant F*cking sleep. I spend my days at work making excuses to have a "meeting", only to find myself signing out a company car for a "site inspection", and end up in a park, devouring more of this fkn book in a park.

This fkn book resonates with every fiber of my being. I have hated "the system" for so long, and tried to progress for so long. At 41, I have done all the shit that society tells me to do. I got a fuking degree, got a shit paying Govt job, and worked my fkn a$$ there for 10 years only to be told I didnt get the promotion because I needed "more experience".

Desperate for more money and a better life, I went ... at 35 years old... to every fkn restaurant and business I could find and asked if they had any vacancies. I ended up working as a pizza delivery driver in the evenings to stash more money away.. (very demeaning). Working my a$$ off from 7am to 10pm for a year.

Stupidly decided to start another degree (which I will finish at the end of this year), but read the book and realised I have made some awful errors and mistakes. I.e. The answer to my problem (ie. my problem of being financially F*cked and essentially a slave), was in my inaction of not allowing myself to give any value to the marketplace (among many things).

So my F*ck you is ... if I dig deep... a deep regret, gratitude and also some humility towards MJ DeMarco.

Its like I had a pebble in my F*cking shoe for 20 F*cking years. I knew shit was wrong. I felt pain in my foot and my instinct was like... somethign is F*cking wrong..... but everyone was telling me..."no, its fine, its fine"... Then MJ DeMarco comes along and says... "hey bro.. you might want to check your shoe.. You have a pebble in that shoe and I suggest you remove that pebble if you want to experience more happiness".

So thats my experience when reading this F*cking book. I feel so F*cking foolish that I have this F*cking pebble in my shoe for 20 years and have been putting up with this shit for so long, and it took MJ DeMarco to fkn "show me the light" so to speak.

Anyway...

Excuse my french aka. my F*cking language. Maybe it will result in a ban..

Whatever.

Roll the dice.

My head is still blown away by this community and value. I cant fkn sleep over this stuff. It is like this book triggered some kind of mad monkey in me and I cant stop reading and absorbing everything.

It is also concerning, as within my core.. I feel like everything i have been doing is essentially wrong. That I need to drop out of university and my exisitng job and move on to other things.

Difficult to describe.

Anyway... thats my intro.

Shoot me down.

Peace.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Aussies are a funny bunch, reverse swirling toilets.... flying spiders, man eating sharks, snakes that can eat cars, and I guess fk means thanks?

Where can I get a copy of Inscripted? Sounds like an interesting book!

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Aussies are a funny bunch, reverse swirling toilets.... flying spiders, man eating sharks, snakes that can eat cars, and I guess fk means thanks?

Where can I get a copy of Inscripted? Sounds like an interesting book!
And don't forget Drop Bears.

Beebop27

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 22, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Sounds like you had an F-You moment! ;) Welcome!!

Hi Grinder20,

Thanks.

Yeah, I did.

But the medicine doesn't taste good when you drink it. Realising you have been duped middle aged, is not a pleasant experience.

Anyway, onwards and upwards

BlindSide

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Mar 16, 2017
Los Angeles
Have you finished the books yet?

Sounds like you have some decisions to make. Finish school, the job.. what job are you doing now?

For a job that pays well entry-level and gives you the experience you need to succeed at this type of lifestyle, I commonly recommend sales jobs. Software sales, B2B sales in general are fantastic. Base pay + commission, and you talk about problems with buyers every day.

Just a thought.

Beebop27

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 22, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Have you finished the books yet?

Sounds like you have some decisions to make. Finish school, the job.. what job are you doing now?

For a job that pays well entry-level and gives you the experience you need to succeed at this type of lifestyle, I commonly recommend sales jobs. Software sales, B2B sales in general are fantastic. Base pay + commission, and you talk about problems with buyers every day.

Just a thought.

Yeah thanks for the tips and also spending time to reply.

I'm a civil servant, on mediocre pay. Finishing a landscape architecture degree this year (this will be my 5th year), but have three business ideas already.

Ive finished millionaire fastlane , and still on unscripted . What F*cks me up, is the book is like a magnet to me. When I open it up, I can't F*cking stop reading it. And afterwards, I get overwhelmed with depression and unease, because I resonate more with the book than my current existence (which evolved from my scripted past).

I know the right thing to do is to quit this stupid degree, but I'm so far in.. I think I'll finish it..

I'm working in the evenings on my side ideas, but it takes a toll. Ie. Working full time, putting myself through university and also doing side business.

I remember the book says, you need to focus on one thing first. One business. Don't dabble.

Anyway.. it's been so overwhelming lately, and juggling between feeling like you are the biggest fool, shortness of life, the feeling of "why the F*ck didn't I know this earlier', all that piss.

For now, I think I will continue to dabble. It's the wrong move. I can feel it. But throwing away 5 years of study seems dumb too. I only have 1.5 semesters to go.

Anyway. This forum seems pretty solid. Same with MJ. Fkn badass dude.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Yeah thanks for the tips and also spending time to reply.

I'm a civil servant, on mediocre pay. Finishing a landscape architecture degree this year (this will be my 5th year), but have three business ideas already.

Ive finished millionaire fastlane , and still on unscripted . What F*cks me up, is the book is like a magnet to me. When I open it up, I can't F*cking stop reading it. And afterwards, I get overwhelmed with depression and unease, because I resonate more with the book than my current existence (which evolved from my scripted past).

I know the right thing to do is to quit this stupid degree, but I'm so far in.. I think I'll finish it..

I'm working in the evenings on my side ideas, but it takes a toll. Ie. Working full time, putting myself through university and also doing side business.

I remember the book says, you need to focus on one thing first. One business. Don't dabble.

Anyway.. it's been so overwhelming lately, and juggling between feeling like you are the biggest fool, shortness of life, the feeling of "why the F*ck didn't I know this earlier', all that piss.

For now, I think I will continue to dabble. It's the wrong move. I can feel it. But throwing away 5 years of study seems dumb too. I only have 1.5 semesters to go.

Anyway. This forum seems pretty solid. Same with MJ. Fkn badass dude.

Start now, how can you earn the first dollar?

Beebop27

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 22, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Start now, how can you earn the first dollar?
Hahaha... F*ck.. ... I love it!

My first two ideas are YouTube channels. I've started one already, and will start the second channel when I draft a proper script. I have written down episode ideas which will last a year already.

The third idea is an import business. I've linked up a supplier in China and a seller here, but need 20k. I might speak to a lawyer friend to get a loan.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

My first two ideas are YouTube channels. I've started one already, and will start the second channel when I draft a proper script. I have written down episode ideas which will last a year already.

The third idea is an import business. I've linked up a supplier in China and a seller here, but need 20k. I might speak to a lawyer friend to get a loan.

You don't need 20 grand to import stuff, do you have customers? Start small......

Beebop27

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 22, 2020
Sydney, Australia
You don't need 20 grand to import stuff, do you have customers? Start small......
We want to get a 20ft container which is minimum. Import taxes and enough stock for a container is about 20k.

I've ran the numbers a few times.

There's a way. I need to make assertive action

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
We want to get a 20ft container which is minimum. Import taxes and enough stock for a container is about 20k.

I've ran the numbers a few times.

There's a way. I need to make assertive action

Before you potentially bury yourself in debt and have useless inventory sitting around you need to do some homework first.

How many customers would you need to pay for the container?
How many customers do you have right now?
What is your sales and marketing strategy?

If this is your first venture I'd say stay away from investing 20 grand, that's some crazy unesssary risk. Start small, you don't need to set 20 grand on fire for your first venture.

There is a person on here that did 100k in the first year, and started off with a few hundred dollars, do yourself a favor and start small. Otherwise feel free to ignore everything above, go for it and risk going into debt / bankruptcy

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA

Careful! Loaning that much money at the start might get you enslaved a few years. Assertive is good but rash isn't.

If you need to commit to something, commit to finding customers first, then you can cover the costs

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...