MJ,
I don't want what I said to be misconstrued.
I have never had to cut a tax check for seven figures (just shy of six figures, yes, but not seven figures). I don't presume to know how that would feel, but I trust you when you say it's not a great feeling.
My point is not the pain that cutting that big check brings.
My point (and goal) is that, when you finally do sign that check, you know --in your gut-- that you have done EVERYTHING you can think of to reduce your tax liability.
I do miss Diane K's posts on this. Her attitude is always one of "what can we do to lessen the tax?", or perhaps more appropriately, "what can we do to keep your money?".
No doubt some of us will pay bigger taxes in the years to come. But for me, it will be after I've spent a goodly sum (tens of thousands of dollars) on tax strategies for lessening the impact.
-Russ H.
I don't want what I said to be misconstrued.
I have never had to cut a tax check for seven figures (just shy of six figures, yes, but not seven figures). I don't presume to know how that would feel, but I trust you when you say it's not a great feeling.
My point is not the pain that cutting that big check brings.
My point (and goal) is that, when you finally do sign that check, you know --in your gut-- that you have done EVERYTHING you can think of to reduce your tax liability.
I do miss Diane K's posts on this. Her attitude is always one of "what can we do to lessen the tax?", or perhaps more appropriately, "what can we do to keep your money?".
No doubt some of us will pay bigger taxes in the years to come. But for me, it will be after I've spent a goodly sum (tens of thousands of dollars) on tax strategies for lessening the impact.
-Russ H.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
