The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hiring people at a young age.

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Rasmit Devkota

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 30, 2018
Hey, I'm new here! I used to use Stack Exchange and it's different communities.... but those people are not very nice about their answers, and too much criticism is involved. Anyways, I hope this is better!

Background:
So, I am 15 and I have a conglomerate that I own and am leading. However, my employees are mostly people from school who are very talented in what they do. Don't think that we're delivering low-quality products, I required them all to get a certification from some place in what they do. Most of our web devs are Microsoft Certified! However, I only have about 25 employees right now, and that's across all the subsidiaries. All but 3 go to school, so they can't devote more than 20 hours a week to business.

Main Question:
I am wondering, as a small business owned by a 15 YO, how do I attract older employees who can devote more time? I am not worried about skill, as my current employees are very talented; don't focus on that part. I need a larger workforce to get more work done. Does anyone have experience or tips on convincing people that my company isn't just some wild dream of mine, and that I actually am getting work done (other than from showing data and reports)? Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

f0reclone

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Sep 18, 2014
Hi, as I'm a web dev myself I can give you some suggestions for seeking employees.
I suppose you could start making serious offers. If you say that you want a senior web dev with +5 years experience for a full time job then people with this skill level and availability will apply for this job. Of course you should also advertise and pay a monthly wage which is appropriate.
Also it depends on where you are making the offers. I think you know which places (Forums, FB Groups) Devs hangout. For example I'm in multiple Facebook Groups and there are some high quality groups with a lot of devs with plenty of experience in their field and there are also mixed groups where you will get offers also from beginners and from different countries etc.
Do you search worldwide or just in your country, your city?

Rasmit Devkota

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 30, 2018
Hi, as I'm a web dev myself I can give you some suggestions for seeking employees.
I suppose you could start making serious offers. If you say that you want a senior web dev with +5 years experience for a full time job then people with this skill level and availability will apply for this job. Of course you should also advertise and pay a monthly wage which is appropriate.
Also it depends on where you are making the offers. I think you know which places (Forums, FB Groups) Devs hangout. For example I'm in multiple Facebook Groups and there are some high quality groups with a lot of devs with plenty of experience in their field and there are also mixed groups where you will get offers also from beginners and from different countries etc.
Do you search worldwide or just in your country, your city?
Anywhere that they can work their job, for things like salespeople, that would be difficult for people out of country, so ideal worldwide jobs would be digital.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.