The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hiring A Financial Advisor And Met With One Tonight....

Anything related to investing, including crypto

sfarieri

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Oct 11, 2020
Long Island, NY
Hi all,

My wife and I met with a financial advisor, one who gets paid by us not through commission from products he sells us. My wife and I both liked him but afterward there was a question I wanted to ask that I remembered in MJ books.

I was thinking what if this guy is someone who makes $30k a year? I don't want financial advice from a guy who really isnt making money or has a personal track record of success. That being said, what would be a good way to ask this question without being too invasive or dickish?

Thanks in advance.
With gratitude,
Sal

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SC87Dominik

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Feb 3, 2022
I would say it depends on which aspect of the financial world you are talking about.
As someone who hasn't used a financial advisor, I would expect strictly slow lane conversations.
The advisor may have knowledge on how to make a budget, and "manage" 10k worth of investments, but probably doesn't understand how you can live the unscripted lifestyle and ruthlessly pursue a fastlane CENTS business lifestyle.

Also, no need to ask imo. Just observe and use your own judgement.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi all,

My wife and I met with a financial advisor, one who gets paid by us not through commission from products he sells us. My wife and I both liked him but afterward there was a question I wanted to ask that I remembered in MJ books.

I was thinking what if this guy is someone who makes $30k a year? I don't want financial advice from a guy who really isnt making money or has a personal track record of success. That being said, what would be a good way to ask this question without being too invasive or dickish?

Thanks in advance.
With gratitude,
Sal
I would ask some general questions to see what realm he is in. Is he a purely stock market guy? Is this just a guy that is going to put you in index funds? Is he going to actively pick stocks for you?

Is he going to sell you an annuity or life insurance? Is he suggesting real estate? By real estate, I mean you owning actual real estate, not buying stocks that invest in real estate. What about REITs?

What about taxes? Does he consider those?

I'd ask him what his personal retirement portfolio looks like. How old is he?

sfarieri

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Oct 11, 2020
Long Island, NY
I would ask some general questions to see what realm he is in. Is he a purely stock market guy? Is this just a guy that is going to put you in index funds? Is he going to actively pick stocks for you?

Is he going to sell you an annuity or life insurance? Is he suggesting real estate? By real estate, I mean you owning actual real estate, not buying stocks that invest in real estate. What about REITs?

What about taxes? Does he consider those?

I'd ask him what his personal retirement portfolio looks like. How old is he?
It sounded like he was about index funds. He doesn't sell us anything since he doesnt get paid for the product.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.