The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi i just wanted to introduce myself

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 28, 2022
Living in Indonesia, 15yo girl,I just entered a vocational school and majoring in marketing(actually I only have an art background, but the internet is quite helpful) until finally I can be 1st in class.but it turns out I was wrong, my life didn't change just because I was 1st in class.I feel my efforts are useless, I'm just a grade freak,FOMO , teacher's pet, and young politician.

Because I also started to be a self help book enthusiast, suddenly a memory flashed in my head and I remembered there was one book that seemed interesting being promoted by a youtuber (I also forgot his name, but he made pretty good videos about money, dark things behind self help guru, bitcoin, etc.)And finally I read Unscripted and Fastlane.
I've been reading it for about 3 months, I read it every day because the sooner the better.
And also to keep me focused, I deleted the tiktok app. Just by putting the application with other productive applications that I use often,So I can break my addiction 20-second videos without having to do a hard dopamine detox.
And somehow since I read the book, I feel like I'm surrounded by zombies.

Well of course I have patriarchal parents and religiously fanatics, teachers who have high expectations, friends who are always dependent, lazy, want a lot,there are also those who are too diligent( and now he is spamming me because I didn't reply to his chat just to ask how to complete his task).

Of course I wanted to get rich quick. I also knew the power of working hard so my friends and parents were surprised that I looked this smart from my lazy attitude that they often see. My suspicions started also when I had trouble learning the concepts of tax and business, There are many videos on YouTube that only tell me about investing, saving, and stocks, listen to what you love, etc
I'm really sick of it being nothing clear and just saying "you need the right people, ideas, distribution channels, etc".

I have no way, I don't know what I want to be later and what kind of slavery I have to try.

I still haven't finished the Fastlane book, it's still in chapter 30+. I just can't stop myself from wanting to join this forum.I want to learn and try with a clear goal.
A bit of my experience of failure;as I once started a Art club because I want people to know that painting is not just printing the pictures you see with your own hands but there are several techniques .may require a little effort but not as difficult as a mathematical formula.My teacher is also enthusiastic(Because he also likes to draw) that I guess there is no problem here because my teacher said he will help me but as usual. he can't help me at all and just depends on the situation and words from his superiors.And actually i was wrong because at that school really no one needed painting skills, I should just change the name to the design club,and has some mistakes that I can learn from,form legal matters, influence, 'say sorry later', decision making,etc. luckily this risk did not harm me at all, and I'm glad I've tried it)

Now that I think about it, I laughed a little because luckily I haven't really wasted my time in college (college at the will of my family) judging by a lot of the college kids I see on the internet today,many say "in semester X you will only think about how to 'graduate' from that place".

Began to be known as a smart kid or gifted child this year(just wait until they realized that it only took me less than a year to understand the basics of mathematics, and only through Wikipedia/internet.oh ya.. thanks M.S.Math❤️)

I think very easy and fun to create new ideas,But it seems my problem is just lack of confidence, focus, and enthusiasm.
And of course the most challenging is living this new lifestyle.

Thankyou very much @MJ DeMarco , your book is very useful and helpful. I finally didn't plan on windsurfing without safety from the top floor of my school.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK