tnicole928
PARKED
- Joined
- Jan 16, 2015
- Messages
- 1
Rep Bank
$65
$65
Hi Everyone,
This is my first time joining any type of forum. After reading for hours I realized that this is an amazing group of people. I also realize that a lot of you tell it like it is...I've got my big girl panties on so I'm ready for it!
A bit about me...my name is Tina. I've been an entrepreneur at heart all my life. How do I know I'm an entrepreneur at heart? Because when I was 10yo in the early 80s (I see you all doing the math haha I'm 39) I was obsessed with painting my nails and I hated having chipped nails, so one day I said to my Grandmother "I wish there was a way to make fingernail polish remover in a little wipe (like at KFC) so I could keep it in my purse (yes I carried a purse at 10!!) and wipe off my fingernail polish when it chips if I'm not at home"...(sound of crickets)
Yea NOBODY did anything with that idea!!! and my Grandmother called me 5 years later to tell me she found some at a drugstore. Ugh
Anyway...I ended up living a "normal" life. Following all the rules like go get an education and a good job. I have a BS in Biology and a Masters in Public Health.
I always knew there was more. I had a brain that wouldn't stop coming up with ideas. I would get frustrated with myself cuz I knew I would never do anything with my ideas but they kept coming. Maybe I should invent a way to shut your brain off haha jk
4 years ago my life fell apart. My son needed a kidney transplant, I lost my dream job and I went through a divorce. When it was time for me to pick up the pieces I couldn't find a job because the job market in Maine sucks. I'm "overqualified" it seems.
So I started listening to my heart and all those ideas I had. I've been reading and studying about business for 4 years now. I've started a few businesses that didn't make it past 6mths.
I know what it takes and I know I have it but my challenges are 1. I don't have anyone around me who understands why I am doing what I'm doing. They all think I'm crazy. 2. I'm a single mom with limited funds and time. 3. I get overwhelmed on what to focus on.
So right now I'm trying to grow my business as a beauty and lifestyle coach. I'm 39 and I look like I'm 25.
I teach women over 35 how to look younger, have more energy and live the life they want. After reading MJs book I started thinking...am I doing this because it's what I love or that there's need??? I know there's need because I'm getting good response and who doesn't want to look younger? BUT the coaching market is becoming saturated. It's "too easy" to set up a sign that says "life coach". My intuition tells me everyone and their brother is going to start doing this if they haven't already!
Soooo I'm wondering do I stick with it cuz I know I've got a message people want and just try to do it better than all the others? Or do I get out now and try to find something that not everyone is doing?
I've put a lot of work into it. But It needs a lot more work to get it to the next level. I don't want to waste time and money if this shouldn't be my focus and I'm on the wrong path.
Hope this makes sense?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks!!!
Tina
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is my first time joining any type of forum. After reading for hours I realized that this is an amazing group of people. I also realize that a lot of you tell it like it is...I've got my big girl panties on so I'm ready for it!
A bit about me...my name is Tina. I've been an entrepreneur at heart all my life. How do I know I'm an entrepreneur at heart? Because when I was 10yo in the early 80s (I see you all doing the math haha I'm 39) I was obsessed with painting my nails and I hated having chipped nails, so one day I said to my Grandmother "I wish there was a way to make fingernail polish remover in a little wipe (like at KFC) so I could keep it in my purse (yes I carried a purse at 10!!) and wipe off my fingernail polish when it chips if I'm not at home"...(sound of crickets)
Yea NOBODY did anything with that idea!!! and my Grandmother called me 5 years later to tell me she found some at a drugstore. Ugh
Anyway...I ended up living a "normal" life. Following all the rules like go get an education and a good job. I have a BS in Biology and a Masters in Public Health.
I always knew there was more. I had a brain that wouldn't stop coming up with ideas. I would get frustrated with myself cuz I knew I would never do anything with my ideas but they kept coming. Maybe I should invent a way to shut your brain off haha jk
4 years ago my life fell apart. My son needed a kidney transplant, I lost my dream job and I went through a divorce. When it was time for me to pick up the pieces I couldn't find a job because the job market in Maine sucks. I'm "overqualified" it seems.
So I started listening to my heart and all those ideas I had. I've been reading and studying about business for 4 years now. I've started a few businesses that didn't make it past 6mths.
I know what it takes and I know I have it but my challenges are 1. I don't have anyone around me who understands why I am doing what I'm doing. They all think I'm crazy. 2. I'm a single mom with limited funds and time. 3. I get overwhelmed on what to focus on.
So right now I'm trying to grow my business as a beauty and lifestyle coach. I'm 39 and I look like I'm 25.
Soooo I'm wondering do I stick with it cuz I know I've got a message people want and just try to do it better than all the others? Or do I get out now and try to find something that not everyone is doing?
I've put a lot of work into it. But It needs a lot more work to get it to the next level. I don't want to waste time and money if this shouldn't be my focus and I'm on the wrong path.
Hope this makes sense?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks!!!
Tina
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
