The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi from Holland

Ard-Jan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Apr 23, 2011
The Netherlands
My name is Ard-Jan, but for easy pronunciation, let’s just make it AJ for short! ;)
I live in The Netherlands and spend most of my 9-5 time working as a systems and network engineer for a large healthcare group here in the region.
I’ve been working in IT for about 11 years professionally and had an interest for computers and everything connected much longer.

My Story
Part-time I’ve been working for companies and helping friends who want to run their business location independent. That means that they can continue doing business while on the road, on business travel or even when on holiday.
I enjoy it a lot when the solutions I implement bring benefits and peace of mind because things are automated.
My goal is to leave the 9 to 5 live and work my own business from wherever I want and then enter the Fastlane :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lunarion

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 18, 2011
HI Ard-Jan,

welcome from a fellow 'Hollander' on this forum. Judging from your story, you have already experienced ways of disconnecting yourself from the 'be on a certain place' part of a job. As a teacher, it is impossible for me to do that, but like you, I would like to see what other things I can come up with to exit the traditionial teachers-path and enter the Fastlane.

Good luck!

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
Hi Ard-Jan and Lunarion. It is good to see that more Dutchmen find their way to the Fastlane forum.
For now, just one word in Dutch: Welkom.

Ard-Jan as an IT professional it should be easy for you to implement fastlane online concepts, once you have identified one or more interesting options. So, I hope this forum and MJ's book will help you in coming up with good ideas and learning how to act upon them. Ideas alone aren't worth anything.

Ard-Jan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Apr 23, 2011
The Netherlands
Thanks everybody for the warm welcome.

Like HenkHolland noticed, I do have a slight (technical) advantage in implementing Fastlane concepts.
I'm already working on several concepts which are already on-line but still "under construction".
What I don't have is an entrepreneur track record but thats why I'm here, to gather knowledge.

Thanks again

AJ

Dutchy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Apr 20, 2011
London
Hi, I´m new here as well. Loved the book and am loving the site!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007