The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi From Holland

njord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Nov 24, 2016
Hey guys im just finishing reading TMF and im checking out the forum. Its got some awsome value and has opened my mind for new ideas!

Ill start of by introducing myself:
Im Njord a 26 year old guy from Holland.

Right now im still stuck in a slowlane job and trying to find something else, at least something fastlane or at least some passive income.

One thing iv been looking at is Youtube but at the same time wondering why its not being discussed here?

Going withthe TMF commandments it only realy fails with entry because everyone can do it. I would have to stand out. Like a branding my channal.

With you tube you dont get alot of money via views around 1 € per 1000 views this wont make you rich. its nice pocket money;).

I could also sell product via you youtube videos i have to give value everyone hates ads and will neaver go looking for them...

What i was thinking is information or how to videos, explain how a product works. Then at the end have a link to a webshop where i can sell the product.

This may not be the fastlane road for me but its a start.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheDutch

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 30, 2016
Hi Njord,

Welcome to the Forum, a fellow Dutch'r!

I guess Youtube could be a good source, but as you say yourself;
It's giving a low passive income as you would need tons of views to make a living out of that, video editing is not something you can do with an hour a day.
As you're still working slow-lane, i'm guessing you only have a few evening hours for the full setup, videomaking, editing, and publishing.

And you would need to be unique to stand out from millions of videos.
Not to mention, there are 1000's of the same people, trying to do exactly the same, under the same roof (Think of youtube as a big house).

Nonetheless; If the channel succeeds, you can make a steady income off that, but i think chances are slim.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Welcome!

I spent a few weeks in Holland and love it there!

YouTube is only one marketing source for your brand, and when you learn how to work it...there are many companies that build their brands on it, meaning so can you.

Before you get too deep into thinking about YouTube, I'd back up and really understand what problem you're solving in the market and how you can offer your product/services in a way that are appealing to your audience.

There are how-tos on everything.

Niche down to get real specific before moving forward.

Google Keyword planner and the using google Adwords to set up paid youtube campaigns will give you a good idea about how often people search for specific search terms.

Most people who want to make passive income on youtube skip these steps!

Good luck!

njord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Nov 24, 2016
Welcome!

Google Keyword planner and the using google Adwords to set up paid youtube campaigns will give you a good idea about how often people search for specific search terms.

Most people who want to make passive income on youtube skip these steps!

Good luck!
Keyword planner sounds good ill check it out. Only i have no experince with adwords, but im not excited on wasting money on ads or adwords i personly believe a good brand should sell it self so i hoop to get by without them.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Only i have no experince with adwords, but im not excited on wasting money on ads or adwords i personly believe a good brand should sell it self so i hoop to get by without them.

If you are able to build a good brand that can sell itself, then ads will only bring you more people to sell to, and should be very profitable. I'm not buying your argument here.

Before you get too excited about youtube as a revenue generator, look up how much the top youtubers make. The Top 10 are doing like 50mil, combined. Does that number excited you? It sounds pretty tiny to me... I mean, these are the best of the best.

Look at Youtube as one of many channels that you use for marketing, to drive traffic to another site with products, like you suggested.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Keyword planner sounds good ill check it out. Only i have no experince with adwords, but im not excited on wasting money on ads or adwords i personly believe a good brand should sell it self so i hoop to get by without them.

Even if you don't run ads...the adwords platform will help you determine which search terms to rank your videos for through organic reach.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Hey guys im just finishing reading TMF and im checking out the forum. Its got some awsome value and has opened my mind for new ideas!

Ill start of by introducing myself:
Im Njord a 26 year old guy from Holland.

Right now im still stuck in a slowlane job and trying to find something else, at least something fastlane or at least some passive income.

One thing iv been looking at is Youtube but at the same time wondering why its not being discussed here?

Going withthe TMF commandments it only realy fails with entry because everyone can do it. I would have to stand out. Like a branding my channal.

With you tube you dont get alot of money via views around 1 € per 1000 views this wont make you rich. its nice pocket money;).

I could also sell product via you youtube videos i have to give value everyone hates ads and will neaver go looking for them...

What i was thinking is information or how to videos, explain how a product works. Then at the end have a link to a webshop where i can sell the product.

This may not be the fastlane road for me but its a start.

welcome to the forum. HIGHLY Recommend becoming an INSIDERS. unreal value

njord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Nov 24, 2016
Even if you don't run ads...the adwords platform will help you determine which search terms to rank your videos for through organic reach.
Tnx ill look into it;)

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
Welkom! ;)

As mentioned, YouTube can be used to market your company; a YouTube channel itself isn't really a company.
You also don't have control: YouTube has.
They can delete your video at any time, you have no control over your video ranking and you have no control over the ads YouTube displays on and around your videos.
(unless you disable them all completely and do promoted content yourself)

Gotta admit I love YouTube and it made me my first few 100 bucks by uploading game-play videos and monetizing them.

njord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Nov 24, 2016
UPDATE:

My original idea wont work;
The idea was to build Aquaponic systems (a closed system where you can grow plants and fish in symbotic harmony) and sell them online.
The idea was I would promote them by making educatial YT videos en sell them on my webshop.

I started out with making my own Aquaponic system 1 big one and a few smaller systems as cheap starter models.

I had no experince with aquaponics or fish before i began. I had only done some online research and followed a cource on aquaponics.

It turned out that I had only got the good side of the Aquaponics story, what they dont tell you when you start is that there is a very delicate ballance with these systems and as most fish owners would know fish a very sensive creatures too.

To cut a long story short I lost a lot of fish, had problems with my plant mineral ballance (my plants where not growing properly turning yellow or even white, Yes they are suppost to be green!!!)

The main thing was these systems require alot of knowledge and attention which i strongy underestimated.
How can i sell a product if i bearly can keep it running for my self let alone teach others how to use it?!

Besides that it will neaver become mainstream so i ditched the idea and have been procrastinating for the last few months.

Learning moment!:
Make sure you know the hole story not just the cool things, next time get feed back from other users instead of just sellers.

New Plan,

After brainstorming for the last few months iv come up with the following idea:
Buying stuff on ali-baba/express and selling them on bol.com (the dutch amazon).

Ok its not 100% fastlane but i just want to learn and get out of my current slowlane job (yes im STILL stuck in the same job)

Main problem is the commandment of control but this is just a start.

Alibol plan;

Find products => order samples => test them on quality => good? order them directly to the bol warehouse and use the logistics service from bol.com to sell them.

Only just before i start, what are the best tools i can use to find good products? (how meany are being sold ect.)

And does anyone have tips for advertising? should i make my own webshop and redirect them to bol, or just directly advertise to bol?

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
I used to sell on Bol.com. But you can as well sell on Amazon.com if you don't mind dealing with more competition. Market is way bigger and so are sales. I don't think you can make a living only selling stuff through Bol. Most sellers use this as a side channel, not as their main.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...