The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Heyo I'm a libertarian, anarcho-capitalist, existentialist artist and I'm here to figure out how to monetize my interests. (not a political post)

anarcho-jamaican

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 12, 2024
I'm only mentioning my political and philosophical position because they are relevant to my business model and I'm looking for like-minded people. I'm here after reading unscripted : life liberty and pursuit of entrepreneurship after many recommendations from youtubers (hamza mostly) I decided to read Demarco and I elected to read that one as I liked the title (sounds like a parody of the classical liberal position of life liberty and pursuit of happiness). I will likely read millionaire Fastlane as Demarco is a nice writer and its relatively short compared to the other books on my reading list anyway (I'm up in the air on this one, can someone who has read both tell me if I should still read book 1 to learn something left out in book 2). I started off over the covid period "pursuing my passion" which was art and I decided to get really good at drawing and designing characters. I'm relatively decent at both currently. However I now realize nobody is going to pay me to draw arbitrarily. At current I'm getting into graphic design as I feel like it offers the most opportunities to provide value and i already developed a skillset in an adjacent field. not exactly the best part of art for me but there is a variety of utility with it. I'm figuring out how to specifically gain a competitive edge. I'm thinking I can capitalize on the competitive social media market. Influencers need thumbnails, event posters, animations and graphic designs notably breaking down complex topics. I am starting my own channel which will be just me reviewing books on self-improvement, philosophy and whatever else I find relevant to my personal life and just have animations and graphic designs on these topics up so 1. it's out there, I have a portfolio demonstrating ability 2. I can contribute to my passion 3. it aligns with that niche of the online space. 4. it's a win win of feedback loops if I can land jobs from it, the sense of accomplishment of just having a youtube channel would likely energize me enough as is though (starting is the hardest part). I do not know what comes after that, but I would prefer to just start off with commissions solving problems specifically for people with ideologies promoting personal liberty rather than selling any tangible product as what I really want right now are skills and experience. My dream pursuit is to make all my money discussing, promoting and making art on personal liberation. Get paid to learn and improve. I want to be financially free to just do what I like when I like with 0 constraints. I don't want to HAVE to do things anymore nor depend on others to get by. I NEED to self determinate.

all in all I'm open for any advice, book recommendations or criticisms to be had from like-minded people with similar interests.

I'm a 22 yr old Jamaican animation student with ADHD. I like reading and drawing. I have been here since yesterday figuring out how to introduce myself. I'm a libertarian Ancap figuring out the "fastlane" to wealth. I'm a fan of Demarco's business philosophy of accruing "value vouchers" by giving actual value. Since a heavy emphasis of UNSCRIPTED is accruing money through voluntary association free from fraud and coercion I say he is inline enough with the path I wanna take to wealth.

At current I'm into journalling(on and off) , I have read think and grow rich and outwitting the devil by napoleon hill (I'm suspicious about napoleon hill and in my biased opinion I think you get all you need to get from outwitting the devil that you would get from think and grow rich which is 3 times as long) , way of the superior man (on my review list), 48 laws of power and mastery by Robert green (I personally rather mastery over 48 laws at this point in time but 48 was one of my firsts so I will review that book on my channel later), enchiridion by Epictetus, part of De ira by Seneca and meditations by aurelias. (not a fan of the stoics but de ira truly was a banger and its high key a book ill read when I'm restarting my peace of mind era), never split the difference, how to win friends and influence ppl (both need to be retouched as I read em earlier on), deep work (I Can't recall most of it yet what little i recall is so helpful) and life liberty and pursuit of entrepreneurship.

the books I've read outside self improvement are
philosophy of Nietzche by Mencken, Undergroundmen by Dostoevsky, envy a theory of social behavior by helmuck schoeck, anatomy of the state by Rotbard, communist manifesto by you know who among others etc

hop up if we over lap or yah got guidance. This my intro.

Current skill level below

(LEL I think I have the first post on this forum tagged existentialism)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• existentialist wall .jpg
    existentialist wall .jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 5
  • hoppe quote.png
    hoppe quote.png
    728.9 KB · Views: 5
  • marcel v sartre poster.jpg
    marcel v sartre poster.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 5
  • nock quote.jpg
    nock quote.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 5
  • motivation mondays.jpg
    motivation mondays.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 5

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Welcome. I am one third libertarian, one third communitarian and one third Keynesian.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...