The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hey there my name is Bicollo

Bicollo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Dec 13, 2022
Hello my name is Bicollo an alias I use, I'm a 22 year old from Ethiopia and as of yesterday a med school dropout.

I was raised in a middle class family both of my parents work a traditional slow lane job, they have the belief system that saving money and climbing up the corporate ladder is the way to success and I've always resented that belief system since I was young.

I've always been a rebellious youth never listening to my teachers always did just enough school work to get by and it always infuriated my parents since it wasn't a good use of my potential.

I've always shown signs of a high intellect since I was a toddler understanding concepts easily and having an out of the box view of life easily reasoning with adults and understanding them but when it came to school I always hated it I never seemed to understand its use. it always bored me to go to school and learn topics that didn't interest me so I would spend most of my days in class fantasizing about a different life, a life of freedom to do what ever I wanted to explore the word freely and never having to worry about what others would think. but in my youth I though that was every adults life but I found out after graduating high school that I was completely wrong.

first all your freedom is tied with your income and even then your occupation might serve as a prison itself.

I also started to realize that after school you just have a brief period of freedom and then you have to enter a college or university that leads you to a path into the slow lane and a life of slavery.

but back to my story after finishing high school I saw that to live a life of freedom you would need a certain amount of income so me being a total genius I entered med school to become a doctor thinking that I could get a degree in medicine and get a fat salary while also traveling the world and saving lives but unbeknownst to me medicine was the opposite of what I thought It would be.
the salary *in my country* in relation to the amount of work you'd have to put in is insane and the market was over saturated with doctors.

I even made the realization that a shoe shiner could earn more than the average doctor lol but back to the story.

I spent the last 3 years studying my a$$ off may be its karmic retribution for not studying enough in high school but after I discovered the millionaire Fastlane it has really opened my eyes to reality so I decided to drop out and start my journey as an entrepreneur.

any advice or help will be greatly appreciated!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Could you go to another country to seek work or opportunity?

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Mar 8, 2018
England
I doubt a shoe shiner gets more than a Doctor but anyway...

UK has shortage of Doctors and you say Ethiopia has a surplus of Doctors.

I am sure you can work out what you need to do.

Dan

Bicollo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Dec 13, 2022
Could you go to another country to seek work or opportunity?
its possible but as the worlds stance on immigration has changed it has become harder. if you can afford it you can pay to go to school abroad or find an employer willing to employ you and get you a work visa.

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
its possible but as the worlds stance on immigration has changed it has become harder. if you can afford it you can pay to go to school abroad or find an employer willing to employ you and get you a work visa.
What is possible for you? Have you done any research?

Bicollo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Dec 13, 2022
I doubt a shoe shiner gets more than a Doctor but anyway...

UK has shortage of Doctors and you say Ethiopia has a surplus of Doctors.

I am sure you can work out what you need to do.

Dan
1675868908201.png1675869007512.pngsadly I'm not joking about the shoe shiners there have been many documented cases where shoe shiners have claimed they have earned around 20,000 to 30,000 ETB per month (350-550$ usd ) which is twice the average doctors salary which is mostly around 15,000 to 20,000 ETB per month (180-370$ usd) and that's the payment you get from the most prestigious government institutes. you might get paid slightly more if you work for a private institute but competition and nepotism is high so most just start another carrier after finishing med school.

and the shoe shiners that earn that amount are like in the top 5% like most careers it abides by the pareto distribution so 95% just earn just enough to cover their survival needs. and the shoe shiners in Ethiopia are more than shoe shiners they wash cars, sell small products like candy bars, napkins, masks etc from their stall.

"UK has shortage of Doctors and you say Ethiopia has a surplus of Doctors." I'm not too familiar with the situation in the UK but I can guess the shortage has to do with pay and yes the Ethiopian market is over saturated with doctors especially engineers unlike other countries we don't have that much freedom of choice when it comes to occupations so almost every one and their grand mother is a engineer, doctor or a has a business degree.

and there are only a few hospitals that are in habitats suited for living so to work there competition is fierce since no one wants to go to the rural parts of the country where the environment is hostile and where there are political issue ongoing. so if you see a news report of a shortage of doctors its probable referring to these spots.

Bicollo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Dec 13, 2022
What is possible for you? Have you done any research?
I've tried to get a degree abroad in Poland since its cheaper compared to America or Canada but cant seem to get a visa interview since the embassy has made the process extremely difficult probably due to my fellow country men exploiting the opportunity and just going to Poland as a way to find refuge in richer countries like the UK or Germany so they kind of sh1t the bed for us honest folks.

so right now I'm just learning code from home. I'm finishing up with my front end skills and will open a webdev agency by April of this year :)

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Shoe shiner equipment shop with delivery service...?
Shoe shiner equipment rent out..
Shoe shiner school..

Bicollo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Dec 13, 2022
Shoe shiner equipment shop with delivery service...?
Shoe shiner equipment rent out..
Shoe shiner school..
bek_052_mg_7257.jpg
they work on the roads

Jacek

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 2, 2017
Krakow, Poland
I've tried to get a degree abroad in Poland since its cheaper compared to America or Canada but cant seem to get a visa interview since the embassy has made the process extremely difficult probably due to my fellow country men exploiting the opportunity and just going to Poland as a way to find refuge in richer countries like the UK or Germany so they kind of sh1t the bed for us honest folks.

so right now I'm just learning code from home. I'm finishing up with my front end skills and will open a webdev agency by April of this year :)
I live and I have studied in Poland on 3 different universities. If you need any help - write me a message :)

Bicollo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Dec 13, 2022
And need equipment though!

I live and I have studied in Poland on 3 different universities. If you need any help - write me a message :)
Thank you very much for your offer friend but my issues are at the embassy rather than the universities.
the polish embassy has made the process of getting a visa interview near to impossible.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...