The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hey All!

jms0717

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Oct 31, 2017
San Angelo, TX
I've been seeing references to this forum in a Facebook group for web design, and today I actually went and looked it up. So much better than I imagined! I'm 23 and just not really sure what I want to do with my life, but I know that I can't stand working for someone else in a soul sucking day job, and I'm so BORED being a stay at home mom. I've had my fair share of emotional and life setbacks, and I want to move on and do great in life for myself, for my daughter, and for my husband.
I'm back in school (took a year after high school and dropped out for a lot of reasons), taking online web design classes on my husband's GI bill. I feel like this is good for me right now, because I need to feel like I can finish something. I otherwise really don't like the idea of college in general, but it feels good to finish each semester and not fail.
My entire family has been self-made entrepreneurs, some more successful than others, so I've seen the good and the bad sides of it. I've decided on web design/developing and spiritual self help as my fields because they both are very important and fun to me, but I know there's not much money or space for a 23 year old in spiritual growth.
Overall, I'm excited to be here and to learn from everyone. I tend to be a lurker in most groups at the beginning until I feel I have something of value to add to a conversation, so you may or may not see me around much, but I'll be here, learning!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
I've been seeing references to this forum in a Facebook group for web design, and today I actually went and looked it up. So much better than I imagined! I'm 23 and just not really sure what I want to do with my life, but I know that I can't stand working for someone else in a soul sucking day job, and I'm so BORED being a stay at home mom. I've had my fair share of emotional and life setbacks, and I want to move on and do great in life for myself, for my daughter, and for my husband.
I'm back in school (took a year after high school and dropped out for a lot of reasons), taking online web design classes on my husband's GI bill. I feel like this is good for me right now, because I need to feel like I can finish something. I otherwise really don't like the idea of college in general, but it feels good to finish each semester and not fail.
My entire family has been self-made entrepreneurs, some more successful than others, so I've seen the good and the bad sides of it. I've decided on web design/developing and spiritual self help as my fields because they both are very important and fun to me, but I know there's not much money or space for a 23 year old in spiritual growth.
Overall, I'm excited to be here and to learn from everyone. I tend to be a lurker in most groups at the beginning until I feel I have something of value to add to a conversation, so you may or may not see me around much, but I'll be here, learning!

first and foremost, thank you for joining and thank you to your husband for his service. I can relate.

i recommend reading both books repeatedly and studying them like a bible or any text that needs continuous reflection and thought. Please feel free and join in and jump in to conversations and take heed to the experts on here. There is everything you need to succeed. This is the only true definitive group out there for empire creation and growth building.

jms0717

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Oct 31, 2017
San Angelo, TX
I want to update this a little now. I finished Millionaire Fastlane and started Unscripted .

first and foremost, thank you for joining and thank you to your husband for his service. I can relate.

i recommend reading both books repeatedly and studying them like a bible or any text that needs continuous reflection and thought.

Thank you for this recommendation! I had no idea how life changing these books would be! I noticed right away when I started reading that this is a whole new mindset on entrepreneurship.

Since I wrote this, 6 days ago, I've made decisions and jumped in!
I've decided not to go back to school next semester - the ROI isn't working out in my favor when I can learn everything I need to for my field(web design+) for free, online. I can't drop this semester because I'm using GI Bill benefits (not fully paid for, unfortunately, so I made the mistake of getting loans to cover what's left), but I'm going to start putting more effort in to work than into school from now on. Why would I want to waste my time and money watching videos and doing nonsense assignments that I already understand the concepts of when I could be actually learning something and making money in the process by creating the websites for local businesses and building my brand? It was exactly what I needed last semester - I actually learned a ton, and it proved to me that I can do anything I'm dedicated to. That emotional realization was just as important to my growth as any amount of money was, so I don't see that as a waste.
I've started the planning and beginning effort stages of what I hope will become a good source of passive income, based on a need that is like 90% unfilled.
I've started the process of advertising another potential source of passive-ish income, though it's still in those same early stages, I've had a couple bites already. :) This one really won't be about the money, just helping others with a problem that I've seen voiced many times in certain social circles.
I took photos that I'm able to use in my portfolio for product photography, which seems like an interesting plan for a side gig. I am also looking into selling the photography I already have for stock sites (suggestions welcome!), and learning more about portrait and event photography.
I'm working on tightening the design for my portfolio website, and then will continue on to create it.
After reading several threads on the subject here, I've started studying Gary Halpert's copywriting suggestions and I'm doing the "30 Days" Challenge thing he wrote in one of his letters. Specifically, thanks @SinisterLex for all the info you've provided here and on your discord server. :) I'm a great writer, but not great at making my writing personal, so studying the masters of advertising should prove invaluable. Again, any other suggestions on the subject are always welcome.
I also started a fire in my husband to do something. He's not happy with his boring a$$ job in his boring a$$ life, but has never done anything to change it. We had a nice conversation after he caught the tail end of Millionaire Fastlane on audiobook, and was as inspired as I was! I taught him about the mindset change of becoming a problem solver and how that translates into money, and showed him some practical examples where he is now, if not to start a new business, to at least be thought of as higher management material instead of the worker robot.
On that subject, my entire mindset has changed. Before, I had a serious case of imposter syndrome and would never offer advice anywhere because I didn't think it was useful for anyone. This book allowed me to change that mindset, and just tonight I've given some advice to people who are very grateful for it. May not sound like much, but it's huge to me. It also fills my happy meter, because providing service to others is one of the things that I love doing. I thought I wanted to be a nurse for awhile because the only thing I knew for sure about what I wanted to do as an adult when I was a teen was "to help others". That would have been a terrible idea for me. And that is why all my previous jobs have been so bad for me - I've always been accounting help/receptionist/customer service and while I was technically helping others, I wasn't doing so in any meaningful way. I always knew deep down that no matter what I told myself, I was only helping the owners of the company and their bottom line, not the customers I saw. I now have the opportunity to help others in a truly meaningful way, and I'm so excited to see where this new road takes me! Thank you to everyone who has contributed here to make this an amazing resource!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...