The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hey all!

liam_hughes_85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 7, 2022
I'm a 25 year old entrepreneur from the bay area living in Seattle. I currently work as a land surveyor for my 'day job' and pursue entrepreneurship pretty much any time I have outside of that. I grew up with a single mom and not a whole lot, and saw pretty serious struggle/alcoholism/mental illness/substance abuse first hand from a very early age. I then proceeded to make the same mistakes, and have spent all of my 20's bouncing back. Been sober since 21 and on top of mental health conditions since 23.

The moment I began my journey as an entrepreneur was when the accomplishment of getting into a career job gave way to a realization that the career is not fulfilling, and the observation of coworkers mindlessly/hopelessly working themselves to death for macho points and a weekend. Funny enough, to all my friends and family I had made a complete 180 in life and had my shit together but the reality of it was horrifying from my eyes. I decided I would never give in to living like people in my current profession do, that I have no lack of drive when I truly apply myself, and that everything I want in life is in the realm of entrepreneurship.

Reading Unscripted snapped me the hell out of a chain of trying oversaturated business ideas that everyone was doing and put me on the track to creating real value and real businesses. It just kind of clicked after that, not saying that I've succeeded by any means yet but the tenements of what it means to be an entrepreneur rung even more true with what I'm about and what I'm after in life. Every business/move that's been unsuccessful has helped me learn and work off some of the rookie stupids and I love the process.

Anyways... enough about me, I'm grateful to have found these books and this forum and I very much appreciate the advice some of you have already given me on other posts I've made! Cheers and hope everyone is having a good evening. MJ if you see this I appreciate what ya do man!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007