The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Here we go....

RomanvdG

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Mar 21, 2024
Hi,

My name is Roman.

I am a husband Father and still a M.O.D.E.L Citizen - however I always had some doubts, if this is really a good way to live my life. Also after reading ´The Fastlane and Unscripted ´, it´s not possible to just go back and live paycheck to paycheck - thank you Mr. DeMarco!!

I was born in Germany ( Bavaria). Went to school and higher education. Never liked school, but I kept the parents of my back.
After school I did a carpentry apprenticeship, to please my dad. I hated every second of it and never worked as a carpenter after my apprenticeship.

Ended up in care work. Working with people, who have disabilities. This is actually something I love doing to this day.

Got married.

Moved to the UK.

More care work jobs.

Things happened...
.....2 Years later I am a Project Management Consultant for Volvo and Caterpillar.

Fastforward 4 years and now I live in Switzerland working for Alstom - planning Gas and Steam turbines all over the World.

Nice 5 figure paycheck, nice house and nice car....60hr work week, available pretty much 24/7, two to three weeks gone each month. Debt is piling on, even though I am earning more than ever before.

My wife is lonely and about to call it quits.

However the worst thing was - I missed so much time with my two boys.

Things happened again...
...Alstom gets taken over and I lose my job after 12 years.

The next thing took me by surprise. I though I would be happy, but I fell into a depression. My identity was gone.

We lost everything in Switzerland and had to move back to Germany. For the next year the four of us lived in the attic of my wife´s parents.

During that time ´tried´ to make money doing Amazon FBA - 1000 deflated horse hoppers later - I stopped.
Created software doing Amazon Retail Arbitrage - actually started out well, but Amazon did not like it.
Affiliate doing organic FB marketing - I learned the secret in a 997 course. One year later I made 750 euros.

No I am back doing care work. The difference is I am doing it as part of growing my business.

Speaking of business - I started listening to the market - turns out I have my first C.E.N.T.S business idea - I just say the Fax Machine has to die!!!

I am very excited - but I am also very scared.

Anyway that was a little about me. I want to learn from you guys and I hope in time I can give back as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard, sorry to hear about the job and the $997 course that made you $750. Sounds like you did better than most, while the guru who sold you the course made millions.

RomanvdG

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Mar 21, 2024
Welcome aboard, sorry to hear about the job and the $997 course that made you $750. Sounds like you did better than most, while the guru who sold you the course made millions.
Thank you. Yes, he does.

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom
Thank you. Yes, he does.
I guess my advice is try to provide real value to people and get paid for it. Last year I learned to code websites (very basic) and now I’m targeting businesses that are piling in 20-50k a month to build them nice websites for 5k each. Website should take 2 weeks of full time work to complete.

It’s not fastlane but teaches me business skills mindset and more capital to persue fastlane ideas. I’ve literally been thinking about business for 1 year (I’m 30). You gotta remember that you’re competing against people who have been thinking about business for decades.

Most of it is mindset. At the end of the day, if you have all the thought patterns and Knowledge and ability to execute that MJ de Marco or Elon Musk has… you’d eventually be where they are (obviously a little luck is involved too).

I sold one website - £50
2nd - £1.2k + 600 in retainer spend
3rd - £3.5k

What’s important here too is I have zero overheads except from a few software packages. So I’m instantly profitable from day one and don’t need large sums of money to operate.

Slow moving as still at 9-5, but I’d say the biggest progress I have is understanding more about what it takes to actually create successful businesses.

Appreciate this comment is very “me, me, me” but I wrote it to purely to give you some real world insights of my short journey to help out.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

RomanvdG

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Mar 21, 2024
I guess my advice is try to provide real value to people and get paid for it. Last year I learned to code websites (very basic) and now I’m targeting businesses that are piling in 20-50k a month to build them nice websites for 5k each. Website should take 2 weeks of full time work to complete.

It’s not fastlane but teaches me business skills mindset and more capital to persue fastlane ideas. I’ve literally been thinking about business for 1 year (I’m 30). You gotta remember that you’re competing against people who have been thinking about business for decades.

Most of it is mindset. At the end of the day, if you have all the thought patterns and Knowledge and ability to execute that MJ de Marco or Elon Musk has… you’d eventually be where they are (obviously a little luck is involved too).

I sold one website - £50
2nd - £1.2k + 600 in retainer spend
3rd - £3.5k

What’s important here too is I have zero overheads except from a few software packages. So I’m instantly profitable from day one and don’t need large sums of money to operate.

Slow moving as still at 9-5, but I’d say the biggest progress I have is understanding more about what it takes to actually create successful businesses.

Appreciate this comment is very “me, me, me” but I wrote it to purely to give you some real world insights of my short journey to help out.
Hi

Thank you for your insight.
Yes, mindset is one of my biggest hurdles.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...