The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

helping teach my team to sell products

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 14, 2015
north east
I manage a store where we sell supplements I just hired 2 guys that doesn't know anything about supplements and can't sell but they have great communication skills... I honestly just would like some ideas of how I can train them to sell better and more effectively!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Write up standard scripts and role play often. Set them up with people you know coming in. Do 'post mortems' on sales and non sales customer visits.

The write a training manual with all you learned.

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
Don't teach them to sell, teach them to help.

People love to buy, but hate to be sold. They want their decision rationalized but they don't want to be told what to do.

So for the supplements, make sure your employees are educated which supplement does what the best. Then teach them questions to ask to help them discover what someone needs. Selling is about asking questions not telling.

Once they know what the customer needs they can match them with the best product for him/her that you offer, they'll speak more confidently about it, and their excitement will be contagious to the customer.

Contrarian

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
583%
Nov 13, 2014
Jalisco, Mexico
I remember reading in a sales book something that always stuck in my mind. Can't remember the specific store or details, but apparently this one simple change exploded their sales figures.

Usual options:

- Leave the customer alone and let them look around
- Ask them if they need help with anything, or what they're looking for etc.

Instead, this company taught their peeps to ask people coming into the store, "have you shopped here before?"

It avoids the reflex rejection, stop-trying-to-sell-me response of other approaches and engages them in a conversation.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Az_47

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 3, 2014
Find out what customer needs, give it to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
Just ask questions, this is just the basics of sales.

1. What product are you using at the moment?
2. How long have you been using?
3. Have you been getting results from it?
4. What do you like about it?
5. What dont you like about it?
6. Whats your budget?
7. So if I told you we had a product that would give you X result, had all the benefits you were looking for and within your budget, would you buy it?

Customers will generally have an idea of what they are looking for but if you steer them in the right direction and help them agree that they would benefit from the product.

"Thats great, here we have X product ... its blah blah blah (all the things he liked and positive from the negatives he gave you from previous product)
So, is it just the 2 months supply you wanted to start with?"

Product knowledge is needed, so you will need to give them product knowledge. Dont teach them to sell, everyone has their own way.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.