The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

HELP: Young Entrepreneur Went From Nothing to Marketer in 4 Months Yet STUCK in a Mental Plateau

hatedsalesrep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 2, 2017
Orlando, FL
Do you ever make progress yet feel like you are running circles in life?

I had nothing. No knowledge of technical skills, could at most get a server job, believed school was everything, was extremely depressed and all I wanted was to be rich and get laid. I would come home from school, and would lay down and not leave my house for up to 2 weeks. In that time I would binge watch all kinds of shows, binge eat, disconnect completely from family and friends whilst telling everyone that I was "busy" or "at work".

I was so ashamed of people finding out who I was. People finding out I was honestly depressed. I was skipping classes. I got a 0.5 gpa that semester, while parents praised me for being extremely smart and a "straight A student!!"...right. Girlfriends? No chance. I hated women probably because of my own lack of them.

Fast forward 4 months, I got a job with a tech company next to the CEO doing digital marketing, feel at peace with myself(most days), am extremely happy, have a desire to make an impact in the world. I do still over eat but nothing like before. I am focused, passionate, have no issues being around girls, and most importantly being myself. I always feel at ease talking to people because I know I am always myself. People say that I have a "Radient" aura around me. Even myself, sometimes, look back and see that person as someone else. It's like I died and was reborn.

I am realizing that what I truly love is the sales aspect of marketing. I love "meetings". I love talking to people. I love the psychology of negotiating. I love neuroscience and how the brain works. I love creating things that influences people to take action. I also love technology and how its revolutionizing the way we think and live and I would love to be a part of that(neurotechnology). I like changing business cultures from generic to visionary. That is what gets me excited. I see so many people with different skills and achievements that if they focused on that could make a KILLING doing what they love.

However, today is one of my "I want to give up" days. I have read all these books on starting a business, spirituality, self-improvement, technical books(on actual skills). I also meditate daily, listen to podcasts, and audiobooks. As I was batching up some videos for YouTube and for my website so that people can learn some digital marketing skills, while creating my sales funnels that's when I hit the floor.
Am I supposed to write my own ebook to give out for free? Why would anyone pay me alot of money to help them when I've just been doing this for 5 months? Can't people just go on YouTube and spend some time to learn this stuff?

Worst of all, having you guys read the initial story, my biggest question..How can I sell someone digital marketing services for their brand when I have trouble building my own?

I am learning all different aspects of a business from marketing, sales, web design, copywriting, technical know hows, but I am no master at any of them. I feel like I can give someone intermediate advice on ALL of them but not extremely advanced "master" status answers.

I've tried doing freelance for digital marketing and that's when I realized my current lack of skills Most of the jobs I saw I could honestly NOT do. Sometimes I tend to worry even for my current job because I feel as if the boss will see right through my insecurity.

What really pisses me off the MOST though is the fact I feel this way. I've been meditating, reading self-improvement, doing this, doing that, haven't watched TV in ages, haven't gone out in ages..Just learning and practicing yet here I am still struggling with the same F*cking inner devils. It makes me feel incompetent.

Thanks for reading this. I know this is just the day and tomorrow I will wake up ready to grind and motivated but its moments like this where I feel that criticisms and advice are most helpful.

P.S- Sorry if this is all over the place. I was writing all over the place as I typed. Also I've never said this before but I realize if I want honest answers, I need to be honest with everyone.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.