The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

help with web host

monty

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jan 14, 2011
Im new to web designing and im currently looking for a cheap and reliable web host, I figured I would ask and see if anyone here could help me out

As ive done some research on web hosts ive read to stay away from godaddy for web hosting and to avoid the "free" hosts

But im still alittle confused on which web host I should go with. Im currently designing my first web site and its fairly simple so I dont need a ton of space. I would like a web hosts thats cheap ($3.99 month?) and reliable, so if I need help or have questions I can call them directly. At the moment I only need 1 IP address but I would like the option to expand at a later date (buying a bigger package) to create other websites

Hopefully someone here could help me out, thanks ahead of time

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MKBridge

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jan 15, 2011
Okanagan, British Columbia
I use host gator and they seem to work very well. It is really easy to install WordPress using "fantastico", one of the options on the cpanel. You can also choose which package/price suites your needs. Good Luck, Kate.

Brent Jacoby

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jan 15, 2011
Like Kate, I also suggest host gator.

I know you want cheap, reliable, and 24 hour service... but you get what you pay for. Don't skimp on hosting. If your site goes down you make no money.

AJ.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Sep 5, 2010
I can suggest BlueHost.com

It's almost double what you're asking for (aprox 7 $/mo), yet to me they've been awesome.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
I have a small hosting biz and offer $6.95/month. Any issues or questions I reply within 30 minutes most of the time unless I am sleeping. I have a few tech guys who run my servers. I provide cpanel and Fantastico for auto installs.

Good luck!

Hostgator is decent. I have had issues with Blue Host in the past. GoDaddy is good and cheap. You have to wait a bit on submitted tickets but I have never had any down time using them.

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
Liquid Web

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
Godaddy is one of the worst in hosting.

I have a small hosting biz and offer $6.95/month. Any issues or questions I reply within 30 minutes most of the time unless I am sleeping. I have a few tech guys who run my servers. I provide cpanel and Fantastico for auto installs.

Good luck!

Hostgator is decent. I have had issues with Blue Host in the past. GoDaddy is good and cheap. You have to wait a bit on submitted tickets but I have never had any down time using them.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Don't think liquid web provides shared hosting.

TS, you like everyone else wants "cheap" and "reliable" plus have someone on call? I think you will find for the price yuou are paying you will get an oversold server anywhere. The nice thing is hostgators support is actually pretty knowledgeable. Just pick any shared hosting and go with it. Once your sites are getting traffic you can move up.

Also, with name based hosting you dont need to have a seperate IP for each site unless you need seperate SSL's or you are doing it for SEO or other specific reasons.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Liquid Web ... get a VPS.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Godaddy is one of the worst in hosting.

That's too bad. I had no idea since I never have had a problem with them. That is where I usually tell people to go if they feel they need a big business to host them.

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
GoDaddy tells you that they enable mod rewrite, well they don't. Just use it for DNS registration, don't use it for hosting.

WebFaction is good for shared hosting.

That's too bad. I had no idea since I never have had a problem with them. That is where I usually tell people to go if they feel they need a big business to host them.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
I use enom for DNS and domains.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
If you're building a fastlane business, base your decision on which host to use because they're Reliable and can fulfill your biz's Needs, not because they're Cheap.

monty

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jan 14, 2011
wanted to say thanks for everyones help, im going to go with hostgators hatchling plan and expand from there

petethepeddler

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Sep 2, 2010
PA / NY
Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.