• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Help me with logo

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by Underdog2018, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Underdog2018

Underdog2018 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $72
    I've been reading this forum for some time and this is my first post here.

I'll start online store soon. Selling small car gadgets. I need to decide on a logo. I was thinking something like the picture below. What do you guys think? Is this style good?
    Untitled.png

2. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,670
    Too fiverr-ish lol. IMO, it actually looks better without the car symbol.

3. Logomet

Logomet Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $981
    Don’t want to be rude, just honest, but the only good thing about this logo is Fastright font.

PROBLEMS: The logo is too generic and it’s overused all over the Interenet. There are many other issues... it’s not good for resizing (it will look like a mess in small size and many details will disappear). If you can't see details, why even use it? This is the reason logo has to be as simple as possible. This logo can't be used as a Instagram profile icon, can't work as a fav icon, isn't unique (I guess every company wants to stand out)...

Judging by that mockup, the logo was made by Fiverr or similar site designer. 95% of time you will get cheap service which will result in a bad product or even worse, stolen one.

Name is FastRIGHT and the car is designed like it's going left...

I know everybody don't have a budget for a good and custom logo design, but it's better to just use font and type the company name than this.

Some of my clients had financial issues and it took them a lot of time because they went for ''the better'' cheap offer at the first.

Few tips: your logo doesn't have to tell what your company does (Nike and Apple don't have a shoe or mobile phone in the logo). Logo has to work on all platforms, be unique and weird enough so people can remember it and recognize your brand by it.

Take all this as my advice to help you not end up with something that will make you additional problems and make you look ''cheap''.

4. Underdog2018

Rep Bank:
    $72
    I've never looked at logo in that way. I totally see what you're trying to say. Wow, thanks for the advices!

I've just checked your website over your profile, you have some great work there!

Can I ask you, how much do you charge for a logo design?

Walter Hay and Xeon like this.
  5. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,636
    Why do all Fiverr logos have that same grey background? It just turns me off.

6. Logomet

Rep Bank:
    $981
    Thanks, really appreciate it!

There many things that come with a logo design (logo concepts, revisions, files, delivery time, etc.) so it's impossible to give exact price. Size of the company also affects logo price, because a bit bigger companies need logo guidelines and other stuff too.

Roughly your budget should be between $500 and $1k. A client should always state their budget so I can send offer in terms of logo concepts, revisions, files, delivery time, etc. for that price.

My advice to you, decide whats your max budget and find a designer you really like. Be sure to talk with him, ask many question. Don't go for a pretty image, go for a logo that works.

If you want to talk with me, feel free to email me all your questions: infoblooform@gmail.com

Xeon likes this.
  7. Logomet

Rep Bank:
    $981
    Because it's easier for them to sell it to inexperienced clients.

They mask it that way.

Logo should always be presented on white background and mockups that represent real-life usage.

If you're making a logo for transport company, put the logo on a truck for example.

Xeon likes this.
  8. 404profound

404profound Gold Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,792
    In my opinion simple is better. The logo you've included gives the prospective customer a lot too look at; arguably too much. Consider the real purpose of a logo: communicate brand and value. The more simple the logo, the more clear your brand and value. If I were in your shoes I would take the font used for "Glass" and use that as the global font with no 3d graphics. A few of my favorite logos are Slack and StackOverflow. Very clean and simple, though memorable and distinct.

Logomet, Xeon and Underdog2018 like this.
  9. Underdog2018

Rep Bank:
    $72
    Ok, thank you.

I will contact you later today with more details. Would like to hear some of your logo ideas for my business.

Xeon and Logomet like this.
  10. Underdog2018

Rep Bank:
    $72
    Yeah, after reading @Logomet comments I prefer that simple approach too.

Logomet likes this.
  11. Logomet

Rep Bank:
    $981
    That font is also overused and it's pretty well known because of that ''A''. That can be solved by making a new custom A.

This could be a temporary solution, but it should be changed as soon as possible, because anyone can download the same font and act like it's part of your company.

Instagram had this issues and it had to be solved before they were bought by Facebook.

Brand new Slack logo that has came out a month ago is great. The old one had so much colors they just had to change it. They had issues like using that logo on backgrounds. It was difficult to find a background that would fit with all different colors in the logo.

Walter Hay likes this.
  12. 404profound

Rep Bank:
    $6,792
    Yea, the legality around fonts is strange but significant. I'm integrating Google Fonts for all facets of my app because they are under the OFL license.

B. Cole, Xeon and Logomet like this.
  13. Logomet

Rep Bank:
    $981
    People should be careful with fonts!

But using font (that anyone can download and use for free) as your permanent logo design can be tricky.

If Instagram haven't changed their old logotype, today I could download that font and use it for some application logo and make it as I'm part of Instagram brand.

Any serious company, small or big, should avoid this as soon as possible.

14. 404profound

Rep Bank:
    $6,792
    My take on it is if my app makes money the proprietary font will be funded with the revenue, else there will be no justification for that investment.

Xeon likes this.
  15. ProcessPro

ProcessPro Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,087
    I'd advise that you don't stress over the logo too much (as I was). Get a great but simple design as others have suggested, but bear in mind that what's even more important is the quality of your business itself and the experience you create for your customers as they do business with you...that experience is what will eventually be associated with your logo and the thoughts and feelings that will spring up when customers see your logo. I think a logo starts out meaningless but becomes meaningful/powerful over time in that way.

Xeon, TheCj and Chapas like this.
  16. Neng Her

Neng Her Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15
    What products will you be providing for cars?

17. Underdog2018

Rep Bank:
    $72
    Small things and gadgets, cool air refreshers, Bluetooth players, mobile stands, etc.

18. Ninjakid

Ninjakid Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,476
    Am I the only one who likes it?

I think it looks dope.

19. B. Cole

B. Cole In thine hand is power and might. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,362
    I like it too, but @Logomet is right - my logo was similar - shadowed, detailed, beautiful. But none of that matters, and it’s a hard thing to get out of your head. He put it to me like this - shrink it to 1cm x 1cm, like an IG icon. If you can’t make it out, it sucks in doing what it’s supposed to do.

Xeon, TheCj and Logomet like this.
  20. Logomet

Rep Bank:
    $981
    Exactly, logo isnt art. Logo is more like a national flag, its unique and it sets you appart.... and it has to work in all sizes.

Art is for other stuff like ads, banners, covers, etc. where you can make a “mess” but you can still put on your simple logo so people know its you.

21. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $403,879
    Admin Post
    No, I like it too. I'd give it a A.

Thomas Baptiste and Ninjakid like this.
  22. TheCj

TheCj Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $501
    I agree with keeping the logo image simple.

I like the Fastright name and how it looks, sounds good.

I remember reading that all the popular brands have an image that remains the same even when it is just reduced to a black and white silhouette.

Also I notice that most of the popular brands have a logo or a version of there logo that fits and fills neatly in a square or circle.

Recent observation I made in a rare for me mall visit, is that all the stores that looked busy just had single word name brands. Of course this would be mainly looking at women's fashion brands but was an observation non the less..

23. Logomet

Rep Bank:
    $981
    You did a very good observation!

Short name is always better option. Thats way The Facebook became just Facebook.

But when I see some businesses with like 4 words + tagline...the only thing thats missing is an image of the owner smiling haha

Xeon likes this.
  24. Logomet

Rep Bank:
    $981
    Unfortunately, thats not the purpose of the logo. First 2 and main things are, it has to work and has to be appropriate.

People dont have to like it at the first, but be sure they will over time when it grows with the business.

Xeon likes this.
  25. Fastlane Liam

Fastlane Liam Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,158
    I mean it is only $5

404profound likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.