The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello World

wilf

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 9, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
Just wanted to make an introduction post. What's up interwebs!

I learned about this forum from the book "Unscripted " which I absolutely loved! I found the book from a podcast called "BJJ Mental Coach" which is (you guessed it!) a podcast about the mental side of training Jiu Jitsu. I found that podcast because I am obsessed with Jiu Jitsu and martial arts training in general.

Well, that's me! Glad to be here.

PS: Super impressed my @MJ DeMarco 's responsiveness in this thread and on Twitter. Thanks for the Twitter follow, sir! I'm a fan for life now. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Greetings and welcome.

Interesting way to discover us. What were the primary reasons the BJJ Coach recommended Unscripted ?

I take it it is this one:

The BJJ Mental Coach
Our mission is to help Jiu-Jitsu competitors to become more emotionally mature to overcome the mental blocks that can prevent them from performing to the best of their abilities, and achieving the success they desire on and off the mats.
The BJJ Mental Coach

wilf

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 9, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
Greetings from Internet CyberVille.

What's your hustle/business? How have you put the principles of the book into action?

Thanks for asking! I have started a few businesses (web design company, a social media site, wedding photography) without any good exits and I've dabbled in the scripted life working for a large SEO/SEM company for a year. I definitely prefer the entrepreneur life.

After my dad almost died, I decided to go back to work for my parents at the Martial Arts school (I grew up in the biz). I worked my way up to running the business and now have the opportunity to buy it. We're negotiating price and all that right now, so I'm going back to reading and writing a lot... trying to figure it all out.

wilf

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 9, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
Greetings and welcome.

Interesting way to discover us. What were the primary reasons the BJJ Coach recommended Unscripted ?

Yes, that's the podcast! Episode 29. Gustavo Dantas said that him and a few friends are reading the book together and discussing it every week. Then he said the audio version was awesome, so of course I had to check it out! So glad I did.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for asking! I have started a few businesses (web design company, a social media site, wedding photography) without any good exits and I've dabbled in the scripted life working for a large SEO/SEM company for a year. I definitely prefer the entrepreneur life.

After my dad almost died, I decided to go back to work for my parents at the Martial Arts school (I grew up in the biz). I worked my way up to running the business and now have the opportunity to buy it. We're negotiating price and all that right now, so I'm going back to reading and writing a lot... trying to figure it all out.

This is what I think of whenever I think of martial arts schools. Damn movie ruined it for me.

Very cool taking over the family martial arts business. I'd imagine there are some franchising opportunities there.

Rex-Kwon-Do.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wilf

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 9, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
This is what I think of whenever I think of martial arts schools. Damn movie ruined it for me.

Very cool taking over the family martial arts business. I'd imagine there are some franchising opportunities there.

Rex-Kwon-Do.jpg

Haha - yes! Love that movie.

I got a chance to meet him actually...

rex.JPG

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
found the book from a podcast called "BJJ Mental Coach" which is (you guessed it!) a podcast about the mental side of training Jiu Jitsu. I found that podcast because I am obsessed with Jiu Jitsu and martial arts training in general.

Very cool, didn't know. Tell 'em thank you!

Welcome aboard my friend.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...