The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello, I'm looking forward to our discussions!

nickbanik

Algorithm Trader
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 11, 2020
United States
Hello All,

My name is Nick Banik, and currently I'm in Portland, OR, USA. I am living here right now, but last year I traveled around the United States in an RV with my wife, 3 kids, and dog. I have read The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted , and I'm currently listening to the Unscripted audiobook again.

I lived in Portland for over 10 years before we went on the road and I worked at 3 different digital marketing agencies before going off on my own. Basically, at the 3rd agency I worked at, I stayed for over 5 years and worked my way up from a paid media strategist to the VP of paid media and had a pretty large team to manage. I also got my international MBA during all this. I F*cking hated it, and I was in the slow lane without realizing it and without knowing what to do next. Sure, I was getting more money each year and working my way up, but I was non-stop grinding, barely getting time off, and it was impeding on my personal and family life.

I ended up convincing the other co-founders to let me go remote and work from an RV as I traveled. After just 2 months of that, I was done. I won't go into all the details, but a bunch of changes happened to the agency and I was unable to do much about it besides try to roll with the onslaught of punches. I made mistakes there and throughout my life just like MJ did and I learned a lot, but I decided to create my own agency/consultancy that would be just myself and eventually a couple more employees.

It was really intense adjusting to living and traveling full-time in the RV, raising a family, and starting my business, but it worked out. I listened to lots of audiobooks on business and I found TMF and Unscripted . I was still grinding too much and trying to break old habits when I read them, and I immediately changed the way I worked. Now, my business is flourishing, I'm working on my newer second venture, and I feel like I'm just getting started on my endeavors.

I'm super happy, and I'm excited to meet all of you and have great discussions!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Val Okafor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Nov 14, 2015
San Diego, CA
Hello All,

My name is Nick Banik, and currently I'm in Portland, OR, USA. I am living here right now, but last year I traveled around the United States in an RV with my wife, 3 kids, and dog. I have read The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted , and I'm currently listening to the Unscripted audiobook again.

I lived in Portland for over 10 years before we went on the road and I worked at 3 different digital marketing agencies before going off on my own. Basically, at the 3rd agency I worked at, I stayed for over 5 years and worked my way up from a paid media strategist to the VP of paid media and had a pretty large team to manage. I also got my international MBA during all this. I F*cking hated it, and I was in the slow lane without realizing it and without knowing what to do next. Sure, I was getting more money each year and working my way up, but I was non-stop grinding, barely getting time off, and it was impeding on my personal and family life.

I ended up convincing the other co-founders to let me go remote and work from an RV as I traveled. After just 2 months of that, I was done. I won't go into all the details, but a bunch of changes happened to the agency and I was unable to do much about it besides try to roll with the onslaught of punches. I made mistakes there and throughout my life just like MJ did and I learned a lot, but I decided to create my own agency/consultancy that would be just myself and eventually a couple more employees.

It was really intense adjusting to living and traveling full-time in the RV, raising a family, and starting my business, but it worked out. I listened to lots of audiobooks on business and I found TMF and Unscripted . I was still grinding too much and trying to break old habits when I read them, and I immediately changed the way I worked. Now, my business is flourishing, I'm working on my newer second venture, and I feel like I'm just getting started on my endeavors.

I'm super happy, and I'm excited to meet all of you and have great discussions!
Wow, that was a bit to unpack, great kudos to you. It takes a lot of courage to uproot a family and travel around and I am sure it took some convincing to get the wife on board.

Welcome to the forum, it appears you have got the elusive "secret" which is that our decisions and consistently focused actions towards a definite goal create desireable results. Good luck on your journey!

Last edited:

nickbanik

Algorithm Trader
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 11, 2020
United States
Wow, that was a bit to unpack, great kudos to you. It takes a lot of courage to uproot a family and travel around and I am sure it took some convincing to get the wife on board.

Welcome to the forum, it appears you have got the elusive "secret" which is that our decisions and consistently focused actions towards a definite goal create desireable results. Good luck on your journey!
Thank you for the welcome!

Actually, my wife was all about moving into the RV and traveling and we're both thrill-seekers that tend to go against the norm. We homeschool our kids, but while we're in Portland, they are in some outdoor programs and sports and whatnot. They are also learning snowboarding right now.

For us, we never felt right in the slow lane, and I was happy that my FTE happened right after we started traveling because it pushed me to start my own business, despite the huge risks and responsibility I had for my family. I finally felt the freedom I was seeking, and now I'm working on scaling the business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Welcome man! I lived in Portland for a few years before cutting out and starting my own agency while I traveled, so cheers to that. I look forward to hearing more about your journey.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...