The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from the Netherlands

Koen_88

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 6, 2017
Netherlands
Hi There,

I'm Koen (pronounce Koon). 29 years old. Mechanical / Project Engineer working 40+ hours. (but still living with my parents...)

In the past I said I wanted to be a millionaire, but as I got older that dream got a bit more sufisticated. I asked myself.. Why? I want to be financially independant, I answered myself. I want to have a source (or some sources) of passive income that will cover at least my basic lifestyle.

And then I asked myself again.. Why? I thought, I want more freedom , I answered myself.

I like my engineering job and the mechanical engineering trade. But working for a boss feels sometimes a bit draining (and sometimes more than a bit). Not having the energy to work on my own ideas. I want the freedom / more time to learn new stuff, and to pursue (crazy) creative ideas and work them out without leaving those ideas collecting imaginative dust on the idea shelf in the back of my head. And having the time to invest more in current and future relationships.

I'm reading the millionaire fastlane now (just arived at the slowlane part) and the triple F trinity sounds intriguing to me (especially the freedom part). Reconstructing the idea of wealth fits nicely in my head, not much friction there.

I got here through the book, and the book was a must read on a dutch financial independancy site. Also I'm reading the Mr. Money Mustache. But however I see some overlap, the idea of total frugality doesn't seem to be mr @MJ DeMarco first choice but I think some ideas can be notable, any ideas on that?

Next to that I'm doing a few self development courses and I have an audible book of "the subtle art of not giving a F*ck" (i'm not swearing, its the title!). I listen to that when I ride my bike 8miles to work. That's actually more of setting your priorities straight than litterly not giving a damn about anything.

I'm here to read through the forum and question a few things, and hope I get a bit wiser out of all this. And figure out how to boil all the information down to something that I can work with toward a financial freedom future (my other three F's ;-) )

Also I downloaded the first 5 chapters of unscripted to my work PC for when I'm on break and not on this forum or financial freedom sites.

Feeling inspired!

edit:

I was thinking how the more entrepeneurial people here view posibilities for a startup of myself with a few of my skillsets.

* 3D cad modeling / 2D drafting (several years experience)
* mathmetic thinking: geometric and forces within simple constructions (1 year pro experience and bachelor degree experience)
* photoshop and indesign: just for hobby but I can get around inside the programs, but it will be a tad time consuming to get my ideas done.
* I'm chairman of a musical group of around 30 people (management skills, sort of?)

thats about it I think.. What possibilities might be here that i'm missing?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Shortypants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
May 15, 2017
NL
Hello Koen,

Welcome to the forums!

I see you are new here and you come from the Netherlands, me too!

Your background is very interesting, maybe try to find a problem in your field and try to solve it.

You sound like an inventor to me.

I wish you all the luck in the world on your new path.

Shortypants

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ALE-L21 met Tapatalk

Koen_88

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 6, 2017
Netherlands
Your background is very interesting, maybe try to find a problem in your field and try to solve it.

You sound like an inventor to me.

Well that's what's engineering about sort of... but now i'm solving problems my boss invents ;-). My current professional field is the packing industry, with clients like McCain and Mars for example. To think of something in this field and get it out there would be quite difficult I'd think.

But as a Saxophone player I once 3D printed a mouthpiece, I have a few ideas to build on that and the current "modular" hype but no idea how to capatalize those. But it is quite a reachable (niche) market. Maybe there are chances there but I have to think about that more perhaps...

thanks for you good luck wishes

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...