The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

hello from Poland - ready to embark on my entrepreneurship journey!

radek1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 12, 2019
Hi! I listened to Millionaire Fastlane a couple of times (got it ~3 yrs ago). I also am now listening to The Unscripted .

I think I am now ready to give entrepreneurship a proper go. Should be able to continue to support my family with only part time work - this should open up the space in my life to give to entrepreneurship AKA satisfying needs at scale!

My main problem is that I am quite likely an introvert and the way of looking at life I picked up as a corporate employee of over 10 yrs is not very helpful to say the least.

What I have going for myself are decent technical skills (taught myself to program and work as a programmer now) and probably a high degree of motivation (seems like it is now or never - either I can figure out what the entrepreneurial process is about given the great conditions that I have in life right now or... or it will never happen...)

I am joining the forum with an open mind - hoping to learn from you all.

I started to look at my ideas through the CENTS principles - hoping that is a step in the right direction. Mostly failing at letter N so that is where I feel my focus should be for now - finding and validating needs. Seems like a daunting task to me though!

Big fan of both the Millionaire Fastlane and the Unscripted - thanks so much for writing them @MJ DeMarco!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
Cześć!

I'm curious to follow your journey to the fastlane! I'm also a programmer looking to join the fastlane, and wondering how to go about it. Do you want to start some business with your programming skills or in a completely different field?

radek1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 12, 2019
Do you want to start some business with your programming skills or in a completely different field?

In my experience, whenever I start with technology considerations (what I can comfortably work on given my programming background, or picking a project to implement to learn a new technical skills), it ends in disaster... Many years ago when I was learning to program one of the projects I worked on was reimplementing reddit from scratch... this took about 6 months of my life, I learned quite a bit, it ran on google app engine, but the site ended up having only a single, though very dedicated, user!!!

I would love to build a business using my technical skills (as MJ states in the book - Internet created a disproportionate number of millionaires - wouldn't mind joining that most esteemed club ;)), but I feel I need to start with finding a need and thinking how I can satisfy it (and whether it meets the CENTS criteria) first - any thinking of the technological aspects as a starting point completely clouds my judgment. In fact, I absolutely suck at identifying needs or communicating to people that I might have a solution to their problems. I very strongly feel this is the part I need to focus on though not exactly sure how to go about it the right way :smile2: . Guess the realization that this is the important part for me to focus on and joining the forums is a decent start...

Will be leaving my day job in ~6wks (submitted my resignation a couple of days ago), hoping to survive as a freelancer while I work on seeking out and satisfying needs at scale! (despite how daunting this seems for now...)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...