The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

34 and Ready to Embark on Life in the Fastlane!

LateLevelUp

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 1, 2020
Sacramento, CA
I just finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane and it really opened my eyes to some new concepts. I feel fired up and ready to get started. I am going to learn how to code and see where that takes me. I have a lot of ideas but I am choosing to be all about execution now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nick T

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Aug 26, 2020
I just finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane and it really opened my eyes to some new concepts. I feel fired up and ready to get started. I am going to learn how to code and see where that takes me. I have a lot of ideas but I am choosing to be all about execution now.

Well, here's what you are up against...

Learning to code effectively takes time. There are lot's of concepts to grasp. There are lots of abstractions you have to sleep on to understand, and errors you have to wade through. The more ambiguity you mix in on your journey, the harder it gets... I did it... you can do it... but it's not to be confused with productive execution. Lots of people ship code every year that creates no value to the end user.

What I would be thinking is what problem am I going to solve/solve better, is the market big enough/ profits big enough, and how am I going to build a prototype/mock-up to test my assumptions.

"If we want to know what a business is, we have to start with its purpose. And the purpose must lie outside the business itself. In fact, it must lie in society, since a business enterprise is an organ of society. There is only one valid definition of business purpose: to create a customer. The customer is a foundation of a business and keeps it in existence. The customer alone gives employment. And it is to supply the customer that society entrusts wealth-producing resources to the business enterprise. " - Peter Drucker

If you create something of value, find someone who can help you build it, and execute on that.

If you are dead set on coding read through this... This guy is on point. He breaks down how he runs his SaaS business, and people ask questions about writing code... So you don't get caught @ what language should I learn.

Here are some key takeaways from the author...
  • Code to just get things done. Don't code to follow some computer science pattern
  • Learn what the market wants by being an authority of some kind
  • The language type doesn't matter
  • Build the most basic MVP possible, test if people will buy before building anything else
  • Learn CRUD for whatever language you are coding in

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.